hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Taking a 2-3 days timeout right now. Gunglitch season burned me a bit.

I also reached the point of unlimited gear again where I can just rebuy everything I want which takes loads of adrenalin out of the game. But up to help with tasks and shit again "soon".

Mildly tempted to play again.

Early game, best game.

People obviously are back on the grind already so geared groups are already roaming the maps.

But the changes so far are nice, AI got a nice rework I think. Scavs seem to be a bit slower, boss group on customs is kind of fun.
    Some quests got reworked to not end up totally shit.
    Good weapons are now more expensive, ammo is more expensive, armor and ammo rebalanced again but too early in to the wipe to tell how it will work out.

I still love that effective gear is pretty cheap and shelling out the big bucks only nets you a slight raise in power. Pretty nice balancing imho.

Found the Customs boss. Killed 3 of his cronies with my SKS/No Armour setup and then died to someone waiting it out. Easy to kill them though, not sure all the hype. Shame I couldn't loot it. Game is so fucking stressful still.

this game tempts me.
    The state of the game however does not.
    I obviously haven't experienced it myself, but some streamer i watched claimed atleast 60% of the fights are either bugged, hackers or people using glitches to cheat. And then there's extreme rubberbanding ad desyncs. And a server that only ticks 4 times per second.
    Is it realy that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    this game tempts me.
    I obviously haven't experienced it myself, but some streamer i watched claimed atleast 60% of the fights are either bugged, hackers or people using glitches to cheat. And then there's extreme rubberbanding ad desyncs. And a server that only ticks 4 times per second.
    Is it realy that bad?
    try some other streamer who isn't a bitch that needs to get gud

90% of my deaths were my personal panicked cock-ups and that was back in february

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    this game tempts me.
    Is it realy that bad?
    The 4 ticks server story was like 2 patches ago when it was really really fucky. The changed some basic infrastructure and is on par with PUBG right now. Still not amazing but good enough.
    There are lagspikes, 1sec hickups when you just know something happens on the server, like AI respawning, and even some random spikes from time to time so the netcode is far from perfect but it is not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Many streamers are playomg hours every day running into those problems only far inbetween and not on per raid basis.

It is an actual beta, it is not done but very playable and very good.
    If you donīt want to deal with the shit I would tell you to not buy it but keep an eye on it because it is getting better and better with every patch. Personally I always play shittons after every wipe when people even have to scavenge from ammo and do their tasks instead of just grinding for money/gear they donīt even need. But I drop it as soon as the quests get stale or my stash is full. Donīt want to burn out completly on the game as I really look forward to them developing/fixes some more.

Shittier netcode patch 0.7

After patch 0.8

Channel is actually really nice.

I'm 50/50 on taking a break right now. I thought I was going to enjoy the new wipe more than I am. Armor is currently OP (or PS got a huge nerf) and its easy enough to find that most people are running with it. While the netcode is improving there was no meaningful upgrade in this patch. I lost all my keys (because of wipe)..

So Pros, I still like the game and its fun. Cons, I'm redoing everything AGAIN and it feels like every gun has rubber bullets. 0.10 might be the update i wanted 0.9 to be..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I'm 50/50 on taking a break right now. I thought I was going to enjoy the new wipe more than I am. Armor is currently OP (or PS got a huge nerf) and its easy enough to find that most people are running with it. While the netcode is improving there was no meaningful upgrade in this patch. I lost all my keys (because of wipe)..

So Pros, I still like the game and its fun. Cons, I'm redoing everything AGAIN and it feels like every gun has rubber bullets. 0.10 might be the update i wanted 0.9 to be..
    PS got nerfed. Tier 3 stuff is pretty reliable against it already.
    Helmets on tier 3 are still a one-tap tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

PS got nerfed. Tier 3 stuff is pretty reliable against it already.
    Helmets on tier 3 are still a one-tap tho.
    Bit sad. One of the good points of the game used to be any noob could grab an sks with ps and stand a chance.

idk mild core x39 is pretty bad irl with later hardened bullets having up to 3 times the penetration

but i hear you from the gameplay point of view

Scavs still use BP ammo in their small AKs to loot and face-hitbox makes shotties relatively noob friendly.

Also, legmeta of course.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

Had a moment today with my AK-74M in the Spa. Couple dudes were up to no good and shooting my butt down the length of the skybridge as I ran across to the other side. I traded shots for a couple mags with them, then one ran to flank. The other I managed to get lucky and outgun - god knows only how - and dropped him. Ran off for a little bit to heal, not to mention earlier in the map I fell off a cliff and managed to break both my legs and with no way to Splint them.

Found myself a couple medikits at the Ambulance outside and splints and here we go again. Flanked all the way around the building and came in from the other side, got to the body and stole his gear (pic)

Didn't get chance to totally fully loot him, missed his Dogtag, as I heard two flashbangs start to land near me. Got up and bailed the fuck out, making it to extract

This game, infuriating and stressful, but fuck it's good.

dat akmn

I'm close to looking on LFG on the tarkov discord though.

Summer Sale discounts abound if you are looking for an upgrade.

Just picked up this game together with two friends. Any beginner tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    Learn the maps, learn to loose gear and deal with it (as in, you're gonna die alot, not knowing from where most of the time and rage about it), don't take it too seriously and enjoy running around with a shotgun, faceshotting people once in a while and get awesome endgame loot, while you didn't bring anything else than a SKS and a shitty bag =)

never forget fucking gauze, splints and painkillers

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    You will die a lot. Don't plan on keeping anything you to in to raid with but also remember it's easy to replace.