hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Needed tbh, IFAK was fucking strong and it being available at level 1 was a bit too much.

Or they would have to scale the HP provided down by a lot to make it balanced.
    Happy I just bought a bunch then.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Needed tbh, IFAK was fucking strong and it being available at level 1 was a bit too much.

Or they would have to scale the HP provided down by a lot to make it balanced.
    Happy I just bought a bunch then.
    inb4 kicked from CSM

I am searching for the flashdrives for skier and read they only spawn daytime on woods, of course I have to prove people wrong so I start a night hatchling run.

First try, the flashdrive I need and another hatchling killed in hand-to-hand combat. I proceed to the lumbermill and get another PMC kill with the hatchet and loot a toz106 and saiga 9 from him. I continue to get lost in the woods around ZB016 and cant find the shitty bunker so I decide to exfil and RUAF checkpoint, hate that one because it has a gunspawn and normally there is always someone there.

On the way I run into 3 Scavs and positive surprise, one of them drop me the wallet in the pockets and I upgrade the TOZ to a saiga 12. Arriving at RUAF checkpoint i find the crates still unlooted and get another AKSU from it. All in all a success.

ye well how the fuck do you see anything at night

gamma tinkering in nvidia control panel?

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    ye well how the fuck do you see anything at night

gamma tinkering in nvidia control panel?
    Eating carrots improves your night vision.
    And bats

Nope, when it rains it is shit but with normal weather and the moon out it is just fine.

Factory at night is unplayable, inside the spa or any other big building is hard but as long as you are outside i think it is just fine.

Nope, when it rains it is shit but with normal weather and the moon out it is just fine.

Factory at night is unplayable, inside the spa or any other big building is hard but as long as you are outside i think it is just fine.
    I think I need to fiddle with my gamma anyway.. Inside a building at any time. If me is far too dark to see anything.

Same, can't see shit inside any deep enough building even at noon. Only way to get my bearings at night is by the treeline, actually used the power lines on shoreline to understand where the fuck i am.
    Last edited by RazoR; January 24 2018 at 05:22:04 AM.

So a few days ago I'm running woods for the 3rd prapor quest (I need to do these quests sometime) and not 2 mins after spawn I see a pmc running right toward me. I panic, crouch and open fire with my silenced vepr.. Hit the guy twice in the head and drop him.. I don't think he even saw me..

Fort and a Kiver, completely undamaged.. Finally I can finish the first skier quest.

So a few days ago I'm running woods for the 3rd prapor quest (I need to do these quests sometime) and not 2 mins after spawn I see a pmc running right toward me. I panic, crouch and open fire with my silenced vepr.. Hit the guy twice in the head and drop him.. I don't think he even saw me..

Fort and a Kiver, completely undamaged.. Finally I can finish the first skier quest.
    Good job, getting the jump on someone is alpha and omega in this game, having fancy armor doesnt really help much when you get shot and you dont know from where.
    I do think the silencers should be rarer though, particularly for the full power AR/Sniper things.

I hope most if not all the top end stuff changes from cash to trade or loot only.

Silencers, 3 HDD and CPU
    The good mods, 2 pack of cigaretts and 3000 rubels

With fort locked behind gold chains they had the right idea I think. That would actually make you scavenge for stuff instead of just running from one weapon spawn to the next because that nets the fastest money.

Would also lower the overall gear level on people, not every single dude you meet would run around with pimped out the ass guns and seeing silencers, high-end scopes, lasers and shit would mean something. Right now they are barely worth looting as the inv-slot is nearly worth more than bringing home a reflex-sight.

So in generally, I personally would rather scavenge for stuff and barter for good gear than just buy it. Money is not a problem in this game.

i want them to reduce all the weapons and armor, very few pickups and trading for them should be really expensive. pistols, shorguns and civilian rifles should be the main weapons

Silencers are going to degrade, and rather quickly.. It's also already been said a few times that loot is on max settings at the moment so things can be tested.

Silencers are going to degrade, and rather quickly..
    idk VSS-type silencer is basically immortal

Guess integrated silencers will be the exception. And even then, it is a game, I rather have it balanced and fun than only realistic.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

Guess integrated silencers will be the exception. And even then, it is a game, I rather have it balanced and fun than only realistic.

Yeah, I'm fine with guns with integrated silencers, but their uniqueness is rather reduced by nearly every player running around with silenced weapons nowadays.
    If you hear gunshots, odds are its a low level player.
    I want the silenced SMGs and the VSS/VAL to have more of a unique position is all.

"tactical" silencers that work with supersonic rounds die very quickly irl so i imagine realism will work just alright

also, 7.62x39 subsonic rounds *fapfapfap*

Subsonic ammo is in already but pretty useless. Only VSS Ami is classified Sub and still does good damage. All others suck and silencers still work.

That makes me believe they will fix it soonish anyway.

spawn in as a scav... dead before i can move. i survived for 2 seconds \o/

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorNZ View Post
    spawn in as a scav... dead before i can move. i survived for 2 seconds \o/
    Saw a streamer spawn in to a black screen and then a death message. Game apparently drops you in a bit before you get control (anywhere up to 2 mins). That wouldn't be an issue of it didn't also drop players in late.. You can get killed before your game even starts....

They need to do some work on spawns. I'm pretty sure they already know this.