hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Great things start with AK.

How do you handle encounters with players with the SMGs? PACA+any helmet mostly means you can't do shit while even the AKSU punches straight through those.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk
    The people in fort armor melting to my smgs seem to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    Great things start with AK.

How do you handle encounters with players with the SMGs? PACA+any helmet mostly means you can't do shit while even the AKSU punches straight through those.

The people in fort armor melting to my smgs seem to disagree.
    ^^^

SMG's melt face when used correctly. PACA/Fort doesn't stop it. PACA doesn't actually stop that much for that long but it does help.

We know it doesn't give immunity but in a shootout with equal footing you are better off with more AP.

9mm needs to be less garbage before I take another mpx out..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

a 7.62TT SMG would be cool but those are either WW2 or rare ass fuk

The M4 is stupid good.

Decent evening tonight sullied by the fact we got owned by a very questionable engagement in the Spa. Oh well, easy come easy go.

Did a nice scav run on the weekend, found some dead pmcs with some good gear. Looted.. Killed another pmc with the first ones good gear. Was feeling good about myself and went to exit. Player scav shoots me in the face with a shotgun at point blank and takes all my stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Did a nice scav run on the weekend, found some dead pmcs with some good gear. Looted.. Killed another pmc with the first ones good gear. Was feeling good about myself and went to exit. Player scav shoots me in the face with a shotgun at point blank and takes all my stuff....
    Surely as a player scav you should just camp evacs and just kill anyone who shows up

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Surely as a player scav you should just camp evacs and just kill anyone who shows up
    Was in so late almost all of the action had already been done. Caught the one stragglers looting and not paying attention.

Scav on scav is annoying.

idk you had the kit advantage

when you are two randomtoz fags its much harder

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    We know it doesn't give immunity but in a shootout with equal footing you are better off with more AP.
    You're actually better off with less recoil, more rof and more controllability. The smgs are so much more accurate in full auto, and has the rof advantage over everything bar the m4(which is on par with the mp5).

The other added perks such as being more agile in cqb and being quieter doesn't hurt either. Also for some reason my pimped out smgs all returned to me via insurance, while i rarely see the my ARs come back.
    The succesrate of my raids have increased significantly since i started running smgs, thought i'd share that was all.

yeah i bought two PP19 and was killed inside one minute both times so no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    yeah i bought two PP19 and was killed inside one minute both times so no thanks
    haha, did you pimp that ride? if not you're better off buying the silenced mp-5 (its actually slightly better than the pimped pp 19 straight out of the box and the price is about the same).
    Main advantage of the pp-19 in the world of guns is that you can fold it and carry even more loot out of a raid. For some reason the telescopic butte-stock one the mp 5 doesnt fold and the hinge on the mpx' stock is also not working.

Very CQC I can understand the argument but every map but factory I just prefer the range and power of the 5.45 AKs. Especially as they are cheaper even when slightly upgraded iirc.

Just needs two hits with normal PS/PSR ammo to kill through PACA and one shot is enough against the spacehelmet.

Even on factory if engaged down the hall in front of the offices you need to pull back with a 9x19 if an AK sits on the other side.

Anyway, gonna try some MP5 fun on factory if you say it works. Have funds to burn anyway.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Very boring tbh, and not very effective

Ramboing around is more fun

Very CQC I can understand the argument but every map but factory I just prefer the range and power of the 5.45 AKs. Especially as they are cheaper even when slightly upgraded iirc.

Just needs two hits with normal PS/PSR ammo to kill through PACA and one shot is enough against the spacehelmet.

Even on factory if engaged down the hall in front of the offices you need to pull back with a 9x19 if an AK sits on the other side.

Anyway, gonna try some MP5 fun on factory if you say it works. Have funds to burn anyway.

I've mostly been running customs with smgs and they are in my experience significantly better than the aks-74u at any normal engagement distance.
    AKS-U even fully pimped is probably the worst gun in the game in my opinion. The pimped out long 74 is pretty decent, but i never have the same success with those as i do with smgs.
    I do not struggle with killing a target 100 meters away, if its 200m you shouldnt engage anyway unless you are using an actual sniper.

Two new small patches. Small fixes, but they haven't mentioned that - Peacekeeper no longer sells IFAKs.

Needed tbh, IFAK was fucking strong and it being available at level 1 was a bit too much.

Or they would have to scale the HP provided down by a lot to make it balanced.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Currently waiting for Steam release and inevitable pay2win ammo packs.

fucking russian devs