hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People already running this kinda gear two weeks into a wipe is why they really need to figure out a way to slow that shit down or just make the game alot harder to acquire gear. I know that's not part of this stage of the game dev but ffs, it's insane some retard has that shit already. Very glad you popped him with a VPO though, not an easy weapon to make high lvl kills with.
    The problem with making it harder is that it doesn't balance it out at all. Just makes the process slower. But the fast farmers will still outgear the normies by far. And then there are people like me who don't even manage to unlock the traders propperly before a wipe. <_<
    Which is why this game will only be good when trader levels, missions, standings, or anything that gives someone a gear advantage through grinding is removed. The only thing that should separate a day 1 character from a 14+ day character is willingness to spend money on gear, not the option to purchase the gear. If you are two weeks behind it's nearly impossible to catch up because you don't have access to ammo that can pen, armor that can keep you alive, and other items to keep you at least reasonably competitive. Yeah, I know it's possible to one shot head shot an end game geared player with buckshot from a shotgun because they were dumb and left their visor up, but you shouldn't have to feed the other 98% of the other rounds because you can't even compete gear wise.

Idk. It just doesn't feel like it's worth the time and the effort. I can't even modify guns yet, but I am supposed to compete against someone with armor I can't pen in the first 4-6 shots who has full-auto ergo'd out guns that can pen my armor on the first 2 shots. I know. Shame on me for not being able to play for the first two weeks of wipe, but coming from behind is stupidly and needlessly frustrating in this game.
    But then whats the reward for the people who DO put in that effort?
    A better and more challenging game. Unless seal clubbing is what you want.

If you play the game a lot it should be easier to afford the gear you want. I am not arguing for the same ability ($$$) to field the gear, but the same option to field the gear. By playing a lot you should be rewarded with being able to field the better gear you want when you want because you have the money to do so. I should have the option to field the gear, or at least part of the gear I would want to even if I just started and make up the rest with skill. Then I could choose to say "I will bring in a better gun with better ammo and use my skills to get a kill and a gear upgrade, but I will risk not using armor to save money." Today I don't even have the option to do that. My margin of error with the gear available to me is tiny compared to a player two weeks in. The two week in player can make mistake after mistake and still win. That's dumb.

I'll take an example I had this wipe: I have a shitty gun with shitty ammo and no armor. I was on the back side of the Scav checkpoint on customs (forest side of the wall.) I found this geared guy, saw him and he didn't see me. I ambushed him and started shooting him. He backed off in to the trees and started throwing flashes. I flank and shoot him again. he flashes and backs off. I lose sight of him in the trees. I hunker down, he pops out a minute later distracted by a scav. I light him up again, I run out of ammo, start to back off the reload, he turns and 3 shots me. Due to his armor and his gun he had a massive margin of error I simply couldn't overcome. I hit about 50% of my shots because it wasn't the greatest of guns. He wasn't in great shape when he killed me based upon the damage I did. But he still won even after I got the drop on him three times because his gear was better than my gear.

It's hard not to go "If I had a better gun, or better ammo, or usable armor, or could mod my guns he would have died." I do fairly well against equivalently or worse geared players. But the ability to fight up just isn't there. It would be nice to just aim for the legs, but with the gun I was using I was lucky to even hit him reliably at all.

Essentially, how many handicaps should I have to fight through? How many times must I be the seal to be clubbed? Let us have the same gear options and let skill sort it out. That way there is no excuse. I will be the reason I died. I will have died because wasn't good enough and I need to improve. That's a big difference from losing because I am limited to a shitty gun, that I can't mod, that shoots shitty ammo, and my armor options are trash.

with the gun I was using I was lucky to even hit him reliably at all
    You're able to buy guns that will shoot straight and will kill anyone with 3 hits (you got the drop 3 times, right) to any limb, at level 1. Thus, your problem is apparently just that you need to git gud.

You're able to buy guns that will shoot straight and will kill anyone with 3 hits (you got the drop 3 times, right) to any limb, at level 1. Thus, your problem is apparently just that you need to git gud.
    To add to this, I've killed a chad (decked out M4, Fast MT + chops + NVG and the old "Fort" armor) with nothing but a Grach... Long time ago, but just proves that gear isn't everything, if you can aim, think semi-tactical and just get lucky at the right time, you can kill chads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    To add to this, I've killed a chad (decked out M4, Fast MT + chops + NVG and the old "Fort" armor) with nothing but a Grach... Long time ago, but just proves that gear isn't everything, if you can aim, think semi-tactical and just get lucky at the right time, you can kill chads.
    Again, not arguing that luck isn't a thing. I have had my fair share of lucky chad kills in previous wipes that shouldn't have happened. Get lucky repeatedly to come back from a two week disadvantage isn't a reliable game plan.

My argument is that EFT will only be great when everyone is on a level playing field and skill determines the winner. That isn't the case today. EFT is supposed to be a hardcore game. Your reward should be the sense of achievement for outskilling your opponent. That achievement can only truly be earned if you were on a level playing field. Otherwise you are just deluding yourself. Saying "get gud" as a justification to lock low level players to terrible gear and no ability mod their guns so you can exploit a perceived feeling of entitlement to running better gear because you were able to grind harder and quicker than them is really sad. What are you afraid of? You might die more? You might find a challenge? Are you not up for the challenge of a level playing field?

I only want the highest pen ammos to go from automatic weapons. Firefights are amazing in this game. Someone dying from a lucky or well placed shot to the face is totally okay. But high tier ammos just ignoring high tier body armor is a bit annoying as they shorten the fights a lot.

I think the changes to recoil this patch were nice. While you can still min/max a lot with guns if you have the money it seems most weapons have very very good options to get low-recoil with very cheap parts. At least on the AKs the polymer stock with recoil pad is only like 1-2% off the BiS and the 2nd BiS muzzle device is only 6k and handguards/foregrip effect is lowered anyway. Love that.
    Prapor 3 also seels a super cheap class V armor and you can still get super cheap class IV from ragman, so even without FM you can get very competitive gear in the first few days of gameplay.

I just want fight to be longer because i enjoy them.

Thus, your problem is apparently just that you need to git gud.
    Gitting Gud is totally happening this wipe. I started last wipe about 3 months in, and lost way more fights to the point it felt useless, so I actively avoided fights, so by hiding in bushes a lot, got picked off by stalkers. This time, with people having slightly worse gear, and us having slightly better ammo, it's a lot more confidence building to get out and get fighting. Hell I dropped 9 scavs and a player in 3 raids last night. that never happens. At this rate i'll complete Sanitary Standards before the next wipe

Mayben just giving everyone a massive pile of good gear at teh start is a good option. You don't have to take it out, but if you want to fight chads, 900 rounds of 7.62x39 BT is really going to do it for you. Makign bottom tier gun mods a spot easier maybe too, maybe not. i never seem to find useful parts eg Bastion covers of Front mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I just spent my first woods raid wandering around until I finally found Jaeger's message then losing a firefight with a random scav before hiding in a bush, doing field surgery then running to extract.

Which sounds aweful but I had great fun for some reason. The fact you have to look up locations on the wiki is daft, though I genuinely loved the absence of a magic self-orientating omniscient map once you are in game.
    Best Tarkov! I did the same last week, but lost a leg to a landmine half way home, and limped a mile to extract with the sun rising. Tense Times.
    Do you have the compass quest ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Lol between the broken sound, the hilariously dumb stamina changed and continued janky movement system the game seems like they gave up on making anything that's not just some "realistic" run and gun shooter. No balancing squad insurance fraud, no fixing the hundreds of bugs or broken shit, just pump out 20 more rounds of ammo no one can use because after three weeks everyone is already at high level, and the ones who aren't are new and barely worth using the ammo on. Shame, really hoped the slower more deliberate fights that made this game fun wouldn't be left in the bin. Wasnt aware holding up a 3kg rifle was something you could only do for 25 seconds at a time, maybe 35 if you were prone. Guess the only real military option is adadad and mag dump!

Still not convinced anyone likes this game. Even my reserve runs are becoming futile. I'm going back to tasks!

Ninja Edit: For some reason this wipe I cannot hit anything with Iron sights any more

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Where I'm going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Still not convinced anyone likes this game.
    I like playing with my buddies, while getting drunk.
    Does that count ?

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Not yet, first I have to feed him conserved foods.

Might go interchange next and loot goblin for food, gas analysers and lightbulbs.

Are we virtual preppers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Again, not arguing that luck isn't a thing. I have had my fair share of lucky chad kills in previous wipes that shouldn't have happened. Get lucky repeatedly to come back from a two week disadvantage isn't a reliable game plan.

My argument is that EFT will only be great when everyone is on a level playing field and skill determines the winner. That isn't the case today. EFT is supposed to be a hardcore game. Your reward should be the sense of achievement for outskilling your opponent. That achievement can only truly be earned if you were on a level playing field. Otherwise you are just deluding yourself. Saying "get gud" as a justification to lock low level players to terrible gear and no ability mod their guns so you can exploit a perceived feeling of entitlement to running better gear because you were able to grind harder and quicker than them is really sad. What are you afraid of? You might die more? You might find a challenge? Are you not up for the challenge of a level playing field?
    You start while piles of gear now and everyone got 900 rounds of BP this wipe.

Oh yeah and shot guns and smgs are currently some of the best guns in the game and you can just stick whatever the fuck you have in them

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Not yet, first I have to feed him conserved foods.

Might go interchange next and loot goblin for food, gas analysers and lightbulbs.

Are we virtual preppers?
    Compass is Prapor Quest reward to find some new stuff on woods.

And yeah, 153, buckshot, flashlight and go into nightraids when noone is wearing faceshields and you are good.

A good friend is entirely running shit tier unmodded Saiga shotties with buckshot 100% this wipe.
    He's having a blast andi can see why

Still not convinced anyone likes this game. Even my reserve runs are becoming futile. I'm going back to tasks!

Ninja Edit: For some reason this wipe I cannot hit anything with Iron sights any more

Fov is broken so that at certain levels irons don't work lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post

Fov is broken so that at certain levels irons don't work lol
    That was fixed a while ago

Irons work fine for my ADAR / MP5 Vepr blaps.
    Holo's are better obvs. but i'm ususally alt/crouch/trying for them.

Played with the mk18 all day today what an absolute beast

Irons work fine for my ADAR / MP5 Vepr blaps.
    Holo's are better obvs. but i'm ususally alt/crouch/trying for them.
    I should have been more clear, irons for the bolt operated rifles.

I cannot hit anything. I havent killed a single scav! I'm just truly bad.

haha yeah fuck bolties I think you need to twitch stream to hit anyone with them VoV
    The karma train well and truly swung back last night after 2 good days.
    9 raids, 2 gas analysers, 0 extracts.
    At least I finally got Jaeger's fucking crutons.