hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Pay with PayPal and refund from there. Not like basic consumer protection and refunds magically don't work because it's not built in their system.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I am inherently distrustful of any game that refuses to launch on Steam so they don't have to honor refunds, looks like I was right
    iirc Steam takes a hefty share of sales, which developer can decide to be OK, or get alternative means to keep more money.. (gog, your own..)

Its a business decision , regardless of refund policy..

Also, game industry DID exist before Steam

One question, is full version of tarkov gonna contain single player campaign? ot its MP experience only?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    I am inherently distrustful of any game that refuses to launch on Steam so they don't have to honor refunds, looks like I was right
    iirc Steam takes a hefty share of sales, which developer can decide to be OK, or get alternative means to keep more money.. (gog, your own..)

One question, is full version of tarkov gonna contain single player campaign? ot its MP experience only?
    pretty sure the exposure they'd get would outweight whatever the cut Steam takes is (30%?)

pretty sure the exposure they'd get would outweight whatever the cut Steam takes is (30%?)
    And right now, exposure is not what they want or need.. Servers are already under stress with the current amount of players, put it on Steam and it'll be (even more, for some) unplayable, thus resulting in net loss. I'm fine with them wanting to fix shit, before opening up for even more players.

It's a fairly used and, in my opinion, smart way to do early access games. No need to let the cesspool that is Steam reviews fuck up a potentially great game.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Is it that much? Holy shit ...

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Yeah. I'd assume big publishers probably get a preferential deal of some sort but honestly once I learned this I couldn't really blame the ones with the means for trying to get their own services running. If you don't really need the exposure steam gives you because you're big enough it's understandable you kind of wouldn't want to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Yeah. I'd assume big publishers probably get a preferential deal of some sort but honestly once I learned this I couldn't really blame the ones with the means for trying to get their own services running. If you don't really need the exposure steam gives you because you're big enough it's understandable you kind of wouldn't want to pay them.
    If i thought there will EVER be a day where i agree with Isyel post...

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post

And right now, exposure is not what they want or need.. Servers are already under stress with the current amount of players, put it on Steam and it'll be (even more, for some) unplayable, thus resulting in net loss. I'm fine with them wanting to fix shit, before opening up for even more players.

It's a fairly used and, in my opinion, smart way to do early access games. No need to let the cesspool that is Steam reviews fuck up a potentially great game.
    I'd have some more sympathy if they hadn't opened by selling "packs" with extra content for a game that isn't released yet, tbh.

But fair, the game seems mostly solid and the developers are iterating on it, I'll hold off for now

From what I understand it'll be multiplayer 'only' with an offline mode for single player/small groups that won't count for anything (don't get the xp, don't get to keep your stuff, etc).

It's supposed to be a 'short storyline' that they will force on everyone, then it's open world. Basically much different than what we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

The few quests ingame now basically need to be done while in a multiplayer session.

For some you just need to loot a few items and extract with them but for others you get like IR-markers you need to mount on trucks you need to find on the map or just kill like 10 NPCs/players and so on.

But as said you need to get into a proper match and do it while still threatened by other players to interfere.

Wipe this or next week by the looks of it.

Apparently rebalance of ammo/armor and new networking stuff also.

Happy to go in again with some risk and not just replacing everything from the traders.

Final wipe? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Final wipe? Don't think so.
    Not even close. Not even the final wipe before open beta.

I am looking forward to not instantly being murdered by m4s and vals every game.

Hope they add a season system with a char that gets reset once in a while. Game gets stale after unlocking all traders when you can just replace everything.

Also need more barter traders for endgame stuff.

Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

or maybe just nerf traders altogether and make anything fancier than actual russian & UN peacekeeping forces hardware be loot-only? idk

or maybe just nerf traders altogether and make anything fancier than actual russian & UN peacekeeping forces hardware be loot-only? idk
    The game we have now is not the game it's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    yeh matette im just shitposting here because im not gonna play EFT until i get a 16:9 and a better GPU

but any game is a subject to powercreep

yeh matette im just shitposting here because im not gonna play EFT until i get a 16:9 and a better GPU

You might not need a better GPU right now.. Game seems to be CPU and memory bound.. 16GB or forget it.. Decent quad core or better.

I expect this to change though so go for it, better yourself a better GPU

You might not need a better GPU right now.. Game seems to be CPU and memory bound.. 16GB or forget it.. Decent quad core or better.

I expect this to change though so go for it, better yourself a better GPU