hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202728293031 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Didn't get to play today since NA servers have been turbofucked. God forbid they'd would throw some cash at AWS like the guys at Epic did.

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Didn't get to play today since NA servers have been turbofucked. God forbid they'd would throw some cash at AWS like the guys at Epic did.
    Was the same in europe.
    Appearently it's hard to figure out that it's good pr to actualy have a working game.

I read on the forums that they don't want to spend more on servers since the playerbase will probably drop back down again after the recent peak. Well, sure. If you don't fix your servers it sure will. I expect launch to be great with that reasoning.

NA sweet spot seems to be like 6pm -11:30pm est. No problems but before and after it's a dice roll

Shit was barely playable this evening 19-20.00 eu. Scav tanked 2 mags of bullets and getting doened by invisible / warping players... like yes what I always wanted in tarkov.

waited 20 min for a raid to load in. It never even got to that point where the music ends and you start hearing the ambience instead.

Be aware that this is easily the most playable this game has ever been. It used to be that opening doors was playing Russian roulette with your server connection. Among other fatal bugs.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

idk man i chipped in in january 2018 and it has been fine for me until i stopped playing in mid 2019

/shilling

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

People seem to forget that it's very much a game in development still.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Iím like totes really good at this

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Was looking at picking this up then I saw on Reddit that Chinese cheaters are getting really bad. I already deal with that in PUBG, fuck it.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Massage from Nikita:

hello!

I believe many of you encounter backend issues lately (login issues, disconnects, error 200, 1000, 500 etc.). And many of you just saying - "just buy more servers". Right now backend server infrastructure consists around 150 servers and this number is rising constantly. Unfortunately you can't solve some critical bugs or infrastructure problems only with server number increase. Many issues popping up only with high load testing - which is going on right now. As it was said before - player numbers are rising fast, load is rising and the chances of critical malfunctions are also rising. So, that's what we are doing right now 24/7 - we receive a failure - patch it, receive new - patch it and so on. We are refining the system.

So, just to summarize:

yes, we know about every issue with servers (we are monitoring situation 24/7)

we are actively working on modifying current backend infrastructure LIVE (it also could lead to game failures unfortunately)

it's not caused by DDOS or any other attack (although it happens on top of everything sometimes too)

it's not caused by hardware problems right now (although it happens on top of everything too)

Stabilizing backend is the most prioritized task and it looks like full scale investigation within the backend/client system

Adding new game servers is also prioritized task (added x2 servers already from the start of this year)

We are deeply sorry about this issues and doing everything we can to make everything stable ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Massage from Nikita:

hello!

I believe many of you encounter backend issues lately (login issues, disconnects, error 200, 1000, 500 etc.). And many of you just saying - "just buy more servers". Right now backend server infrastructure consists around 150 servers and this number is rising constantly. Unfortunately you can't solve some critical bugs or infrastructure problems only with server number increase. Many issues popping up only with high load testing - which is going on right now. As it was said before - player numbers are rising fast, load is rising and the chances of critical malfunctions are also rising. So, that's what we are doing right now 24/7 - we receive a failure - patch it, receive new - patch it and so on. We are refining the system.

So, just to summarize:

yes, we know about every issue with servers (we are monitoring situation 24/7)

we are actively working on modifying current backend infrastructure LIVE (it also could lead to game failures unfortunately)

it's not caused by DDOS or any other attack (although it happens on top of everything sometimes too)

it's not caused by hardware problems right now (although it happens on top of everything too)

Stabilizing backend is the most prioritized task and it looks like full scale investigation within the backend/client system

Adding new game servers is also prioritized task (added x2 servers already from the start of this year)

We are deeply sorry about this issues and doing everything we can to make everything stable ASAP!
    Cool. That reply was a hell of alot more reasuring than what I've seen before.

In every single podcast i can remember he said the lag problem is a coding problem they cant fix with more servers because the game grew far faster than he or anyone expected and he actually does not really like the fact it blew up so hard.

He seems like a really genuine guy who just loves the vision of "his" game and works hard to make it happen.

Been playing the game for a week and I'll already an eve-level turbonerd. Started running woods at night with a silenced glock, killed some high level dude and stole his pimped mosin. Have now upgraded to an RSASS with a flir sight.

This is literally the only thing I do with my PMC now. Farm woods at night with a flir scope.

Been playing the game for a week and I'll already an eve-level turbonerd. Started running woods at night with a silenced glock, killed some high level dude and stole his pimped mosin. Have now upgraded to an RSASS with a flir sight.

This is literally the only thing I do with my PMC now. Farm woods at night with a flir scope.
    I tried going Woods at night but couldn't even see my own gun infront of me. I don't know how you guys do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

I tried going Woods at night but couldn't even see my own gun infront of me. I don't know how you guys do it.
    G A M M A F U C K E R Y

30k Nightvision, never fucked with my gamma and the nights when you can absolutely see nothing are pretty rare imho.

PMC run fully decked out.
    Spent 10 mins loading in.
    Spent 7 seconds in the raid before i got popped.

Some of these spawns REALY needs a rework.

Game was actually playable again today. Although i had 2 times in a row late spawning into customs and in 30 sec get svoot at by 2 pmcs before i even see them. Wich is kind of funny since i was watching in the direction thwy where shooting me from at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    30k Nightvision, never fucked with my gamma and the nights when you can absolutely see nothing are pretty rare imho.
    Yeah the only thing hard about the thermal scope is having to flip nvgs up all the time. I havent' checked if you can avoid it with the 14s though.