hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

It seems they still have quite a bit of work to do on this game.

My only realy successfull scav run, I extracted with tripplestacked backpacks, armor, sks & AK. Bunch of meds.... Extraction successfull, just waiting for the xp screen to load. "Authentication failed". Client shuts down. all loot gone.

Go for a PMC run. While trying to figure out where I am, I see a guy looking at me. game freezes. Stuck for 10ish seconds. Next thing I see is the "you died" screen.

Scav run again. I hear a constant looping gunfire sound right next to me. Can't hear naything else cause it's so loud. Obviously get killed.

Finaly get a non bugged round, but then I just die by being bad. Forgot I wasn't a scav and got shot by a npc scav.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I've figured out the extract stuff now. I'd just misunderstood the whole "always open" on the wiki, doesn't realy mean "always open" and missed that I was supposed to doubletap O. Big deal.
    Stop being a dick. You're sounding like Razor used to.

I'm sorry you're being hazed so badly Ashaz

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

BitCoin farm is nice for earning money passively. Don't think I'll need money anymore this wipe, then again, I'd have to actually raid to loose money xD

That's 67 BTCs, btw. Prices have gone up by 30k per coin over the last 3 weeks or so.

How do you guys deal with Interchange?
    Love the map except for how it only has 3 extracts that always seem to be camped by some hidden bushdweller.
    Any advice from you more experienced players?

How do you guys deal with Interchange?
    Love the map except for how it only has 3 extracts that always seem to be camped by some hidden bushdweller.
    Any advice from you more experienced players?
    It's usually a 50/50 chance if you get the "shit" extract or not (Emercom/south one), but if you do, use the ditch next to the road (Left side when you're moving towards the exfil) to get some additional cover from snipers and to cover your movement. You can take the ditch all the way up to the tents and check if there are campers before you move into the extract itself.

If you get the north one (Train exfil), it's usually not as camped as it's a very open area without a lot of cover to snipe/camp from. I usually go by the rails themselves or between the rails and the wall, never seen anyone camp that exfil though.

If in doubt about bushdwellers, shoot at the bush and see if anyone moves out of their cover or make the "I'm hit" groans. Grenades are always a good thing to bring in any raid, so chug some flashbangs/F1s at random bushes to deter people from camping. If you suspect a camper, play it nice and slow, try to get the angle on him or force him to get out of his position (Again, nades).

Well that was interesting.

just had a scav run where it only listed 2 extracts.
    Old gas station and Dorms v-ex.

Neither of them turned out to be available when I tried to extract.

The game servers have been crashing everyday since last weekend. Works for 15-60 minbthen get booted out with 201 or 202 error.

Saw a streamer join a raid that only had 2:29 left on the timer.

He wasn't happy.

Saw a streamer join a raid that only had 2:29 left on the timer.

He wasn't happy.
    People seem to forget that it's very much a game in development still.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

They're giving everyone a million rubles as an apology, got to log in over the next few days to claim. It should be more, given as there will be a wipe before going live anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

When everyone is rich, no one is. How would that gift work if it's a shared economy like Eve, you'd just get massive inflation, no? Everyone can charge more because everyone has the cash to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Not really the same. A million isn't much to some, it's just a nice bonus to some players. It doesn't break the existing rules at all. You can easily get a decent scav run and make a mil rubles.

Now that there's a player market, how susceptible is this to eve-style shenanigans?

A lot if you have cash to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Not really the same. A million isn't much to some, it's just a nice bonus to some players. It doesn't break the existing rules at all. You can easily get a decent scav run and make a mil rubles.
    Well. I now have TWO mil, so that's nice...

1mill buys you 2/3rds of a box to put your lightbulbs and matches in.

Got my first really successful run today. Went to interchange with a 153 and 8 rounds of ammo. Found a half full smg and then got the drop on two "geared" players sniping. Blasted both of them and extracted with a magbox one was carrying and a silenced OP-SKS as the main loot items. Unfortunately if I'd actually been smart I would have filled the mag box and gotten out with a bunch more loot I had to leave behind.

Nice change from getting buttfucked on customs every round.

Had a whole day of being utterly ruined on Reserve over and over no matter what, then today I had three raids in a row where I killed some dude with 1 mil kits by just waiting out firing on scavs and hatchet players, sure enough someone does and I crawl out of my sniper spot and since I know most of the other ones, pop pop and I'm out with the loot. I did lose a gen4 set with a VAL and some nice mags plus three players worth of loot to a desync'd player or some lag bullshit but overall the raids today made me way more than my horrible losses yesterday.

Made a million roubles in two scav runs and got some decent guns out of it. Now to piss it all away