hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Game got Battle-Eye AC implemented today. Next patch, biggest up till now apparently, soon(tm).

Server-lags are better, not totally fixed but itīs better than ever. Hope the new engine with 0.12 fixes it completely.

Battleye has improved the game somewhat massively. Played a good amount since implementation and while I dont expect it to COMPLETELY eliminate cheaters, it has made the game much more playable with way less bullshit deaths.

Confirmed.

Before when I died I always had some doubt in the back of my head if the dude was a cheater or not which lead to some frustration. Right now I just have to accept I suck at times or I just got outplayed.
    And yes, far less bullshit surprise buttfucks happening.

Also a realistic chance to find some high tier loot as it does not get speed-looted right away.

.12 drops tomorrow: https://old.reddit.com/r/EscapefromT..._for_tomorrow/

Looks like a great patch

Patch is in, matchmaking is horrendous but that's to be expected. Performance increase is noticable for sure.

I tried to skip patchday but stuff looked too good on twitch. Diving in properly now after the last hotfix apparently helped with matchmaking.

Apparently they went from 2k users last week to 100k trying to log in yesterday and while they pumped up servers they did not expect those numbers.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Matchmaking is still horrendously long sometimes because of the amount of people queuing in it. When I do get in I have noticed some performance improvements, stuttering happens still, but a lot more seldom.

Same, but only on Customs i get longer queues right now. But all the early quests are there so that is expected tbh.

Reserve is a really nice map. Expect some amazing fights there later on.

They seemed to have raised the speed on movement overall making it a little bit faster, which i like.
    Apparently there is globally more loot around because you need loads for the hideout which also means you get a bit more profit per run if you hit the good spots.

Enjoying it a lot again.

Hows the healing between matches gimmick? I noticed I was half health going into a new raid and decided to leave it.

If you die you get 30% health back for free. You can either wait or spend 10k on cheese to fully heal. Far cheaper if you have access to grizzlies later on.

You have to fix broken bones and stuff if you are still hurt when you extract.
    Itīs a small money sink, beside having to press a few buttons it does not really do much right now.

Hydro and Energy also do not fully regen automaticaly on extract so you have to drink something from time to time. All in all the system is in place but not that much impact right now.

New map is fucking amazing. Been playing almost exclusivly on Reserve just to explore all the stuff and find more and more bunkers every time.

Been slowly grinding out tasks and hideout. So far, reached lvl21, most traders are LL2 and I'm constantly hovering about 100-200k roubles (I keep buying shit for hideout or new stuff for Gunsmith tasks).
    Overall, I like the feel of progression this time around, I haven't seen too many uberdecked out PMCs, and the ones I have, I've mostly been able to kill due to them being baddies.

That BitCoin farm is expensive to get going, but the passive income is such a nice thing to have, if you don't have the crazy hours to put into the game.
    My stash is getting filled with shit for hideout though, so I need to do more scav runs on Interchange/Reserve on the hunt for hoses, wires, bulbs, flash drives(Fuckers go for +600k on Flea) and intelligence. Might try some of those Pestily money runs on Reserve today and tomorrow.

Fast scav run on woods to warm up before I start my session.

Took the PACA because i zeroed the armor he had and did not want to repair stuff. Left loads of other random stuff behind because I did not want to sit in the sawmill looting for a few thousand rouble more.

A bunch of high profile PUBG players have been giving this a go in the past few weeks, both pro players since the world championships ended, and daily streamers with thousands of concurrent viewers. PUBG's trying things to avoid a slow death, but equally such streamers are testing their ability to become variety ones or find another hardcore skillful shooting game, and there's a lot of good noises being made about this game's future & devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Biggest pull from streamers was Shroud imho. He fucking loves Tarkov and plays it a lot with lot of praise while also highlighting stuff the game still needs down the road.

Especially the last patch fixed a lot of problems with the game and the last two weeks they fucked around with the economy a lot but still in good way in the long run imho.
    I am so glad this game still goes well and was not abandoned at some point by the devs.

Does anyone still believe that at some they will implement open world?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Does anyone still believe that at some they will implement open world?
    No? I think it was always going to be stalker-style structured because lolUnity.

Servers are melting this week thanks to twitch loot drops and a ton of big streamers coming to take part, but the number of Noobs about is making things interesting as well as the Killa hunt in Interchange.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

They already getting new server infrastructure because they have a massive influx of players.

I am through with most "good" quests and only have some grindy stuff left that I do not enjoy. But with lvl4 everything I mostly donīt care anymore about that.
    This is the point where dailies or something would be nice. Or some people to play with because farming solo getīs boring when you have everything already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    They already getting new server infrastructure because they have a massive influx of players.

I am through with most "good" quests and only have some grindy stuff left that I do not enjoy. But with lvl4 everything I mostly donīt care anymore about that.
    This is the point where dailies or something would be nice. Or some people to play with because farming solo getīs boring when you have everything already anyway.
    I am on a discord along with a few other FHC'ers and some others mostly US but a few Euros' I will send you a link if you would like playing with others Of course changes the game a lot.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Can anyone recommend me some good, easy to read maps with loot marked on them? Something I can print without using whole ink cartridge preferably.