hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 940

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

  1. #701
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,765
    Main reason why my inventory is overflowing.

    I enjoy just going in with medium to low gear and get out with more. Loads of insurance fraud on the way as I can freely dump my shittier gun I brought in.



    Went into that raid with the cheap class 4 armored rig from ragman and the boltaction .366.

  2. #702
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    3,055
    Yeah doing quests is usually painful but last wipe i did them and got much better at certain things.

    Actually having great success with shotguns this time. Took out four dudes with a mp-153 duo i had looted off scavs. Two at a time with each full 8 round mag dump. Yet if I have a ak loaded with bt or bs its like firing into a tank and they just run and turn and head eyes.

    Gonna have to use the mossberg more often too, love the sights on it

  3. #703
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Main reason why my inventory is overflowing.

    I enjoy just going in with medium to low gear and get out with more. Loads of insurance fraud on the way as I can freely dump my shittier gun I brought in.



    Went into that raid with the cheap class 4 armored rig from ragman and the boltaction .366.
    People already running this kinda gear two weeks into a wipe is why they really need to figure out a way to slow that shit down or just make the game alot harder to acquire gear. I know that's not part of this stage of the game dev but ffs, it's insane some retard has that shit already. Very glad you popped him with a VPO though, not an easy weapon to make high lvl kills with.

  4. #704
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,355
    Apart from the flir (which is not great honestly) and svd silencer thats day 1/2 gear. You probably just wanna try a different game tbh

  5. #705
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,765
    In one of Pestily´s last videos you see him popping 2 lowlevels with FastMTs, the highest tier NVGs and i think stormtrooper masks on it.

    With Tron I had a fight two days ago with a 4-man, all between lvl5 and lvl 21 iirc. All of them with the same helmet and super pimped guns. No clue if those helmets spawn on raiders now or what but too many people seem to be running them right now.

  6. #706
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    In one of Pestily´s last videos you see him popping 2 lowlevels with FastMTs, the highest tier NVGs and i think stormtrooper masks on it.

    With Tron I had a fight two days ago with a 4-man, all between lvl5 and lvl 21 iirc. All of them with the same helmet and super pimped guns. No clue if those helmets spawn on raiders now or what but too many people seem to be running them right now.
    The LZSh? Its a class 3 helmet that fits most attachments barely covers anything but does take a few shitty faceplates

  7. #707
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,765


    Nope, I know my helmets after 2k hours.
    And I just saw they were lvl 11-23

  8. #708
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,285
    Didn't everyone get a fast MT with those nvg's in their Christmas bonus thingy?

    Could explain why there are so many, I believe you can claim the present once per character creation not once per wipe so if that's true you could just keep re-rolling new chars to abuse the EOD + Christmas stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  9. #709
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,765
    True, forgot about that.

    Guess if they only use them in 4-mans they could also still have them as long as one of them survives to drop the stuff somewhere.

  10. #710
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Apart from the flir (which is not great honestly) and svd silencer thats day 1/2 gear. You probably just wanna try a different game tbh
    Getting lol 3 and 4 traders in 1/2 a day is the issue then, the unique part of tarkov is the progression but this makes it trivial

  11. #711
    Bamse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18, 2012
    Location
    Vikingcountry of Denmark
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Apart from the flir (which is not great honestly) and svd silencer thats day 1/2 gear. You probably just wanna try a different game tbh
    Getting lol 3 and 4 traders in 1/2 a day is the issue then, the unique part of tarkov is the progression but this makes it trivial
    As soon as you're lvl10, you have access to more or less every object in the game. A lot of helmets are about half the price on Flea, compared to vendors, btw.. TC-2k2, goes for 30-40k on Flea, Fast MTs are slinging for 65-80k. Flea Market is what killed progression early on, as it's a huuuuge money maker and gives instant access to stuff you'd otherwise have to wait to get (Higher tiers armor and ammo being the biggest things).

    I'd wager we see another rise in level req for Flea, but ppl will still powerlevel to it, grinding Factory scavs if they need to, cause once you got access to Flea, the game becomes a no-brainer in terms of moneymaking and stash management.

  12. #712

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Apart from the flir (which is not great honestly) and svd silencer thats day 1/2 gear. You probably just wanna try a different game tbh
    Getting lol 3 and 4 traders in 1/2 a day is the issue then, the unique part of tarkov is the progression but this makes it trivial
    As soon as you're lvl10, you have access to more or less every object in the game. A lot of helmets are about half the price on Flea, compared to vendors, btw.. TC-2k2, goes for 30-40k on Flea, Fast MTs are slinging for 65-80k. Flea Market is what killed progression early on, as it's a huuuuge money maker and gives instant access to stuff you'd otherwise have to wait to get (Higher tiers armor and ammo being the biggest things).

    I'd wager we see another rise in level req for Flea, but ppl will still powerlevel to it, grinding Factory scavs if they need to, cause once you got access to Flea, the game becomes a no-brainer in terms of moneymaking and stash management.
    Since we are showing off, I get most of my high tier stuff by farming raiders on reserve with pistols. In fact I made a game with my mates. Go into factory with a Makarov (only the bullets in the gun). Kill a scav/player (looting only the full gear of the first guy you killed) and then go to reserve and try and trigger and kill raiders.



    Excuse the shitty phone picture haha

  13. #713

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,537
    Pushing Flea up to 15 or so would absolutely fuck casuals, which is fine if that's the way they want to go, but as you say, PL will PL it, and the rest just get further behind.
    I'm doing a whole lot better this wipe (as always, it's only my second) probably because my vicitms are just as bad as me, btu also just as badly geared, rather than being as bad, but stacked out

    I've got a like 6 kills in 30 raids. which is epic (did i mention being bad?)
    technology can’t solve economic and political problems

  14. #714

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Pushing Flea up to 15 or so would absolutely fuck casuals, which is fine if that's the way they want to go, but as you say, PL will PL it, and the rest just get further behind.
    I'm doing a whole lot better this wipe (as always, it's only my second) probably because my vicitms are just as bad as me, btu also just as badly geared, rather than being as bad, but stacked out

    I've got a like 6 kills in 30 raids. which is epic (did i mention being bad?)
    Try the makarov reserve run! It really helps hone those skills.

    Getting that makarov kill and escaping with the loot is fun, fast and it can be recycled pretty quickly. No one steals the makarov lol.

    Upgrade to the peacekeeper lvl 1 pistol fi you are struggling.

    Then get into reserve. Your load out was free from the factory, so dont be afraid to be bold in your movements, you will probably die a bit as you qork it out. Offline can help here for knowing the key points.

    For me its cheese it into the back of black bishop:



    there is an entrance to the tunnels.

    Get to the office and trigger the exit.



    Hold in that area as raiders might spawn in close proximity. You will likely get player fights here. This is not a "run as fast as you can" thing, you can sit in a bush for 5-10 mins and then do this.

    If that doesn't get raiders, trigger the hemetic door over and over until you die, kill raiders or get bored and leave.

    Repeat and have fun!

    This has helped my killing ability and actual play skill so much!

  15. #715
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Apart from the flir (which is not great honestly) and svd silencer thats day 1/2 gear. You probably just wanna try a different game tbh
    Getting lol 3 and 4 traders in 1/2 a day is the issue then, the unique part of tarkov is the progression but this makes it trivial
    Seeing as bsg gave out a busted new years gift and then turned on drops for like 2 weeks i doubt they agree.

  16. #716
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People already running this kinda gear two weeks into a wipe is why they really need to figure out a way to slow that shit down or just make the game alot harder to acquire gear. I know that's not part of this stage of the game dev but ffs, it's insane some retard has that shit already. Very glad you popped him with a VPO though, not an easy weapon to make high lvl kills with.
    The problem with making it harder is that it doesn't balance it out at all. Just makes the process slower. But the fast farmers will still outgear the normies by far. And then there are people like me who don't even manage to unlock the traders propperly before a wipe. <_<

  17. #717
    Aliventi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16, 2012
    Location
    Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People already running this kinda gear two weeks into a wipe is why they really need to figure out a way to slow that shit down or just make the game alot harder to acquire gear. I know that's not part of this stage of the game dev but ffs, it's insane some retard has that shit already. Very glad you popped him with a VPO though, not an easy weapon to make high lvl kills with.
    The problem with making it harder is that it doesn't balance it out at all. Just makes the process slower. But the fast farmers will still outgear the normies by far. And then there are people like me who don't even manage to unlock the traders propperly before a wipe. <_<
    Which is why this game will only be good when trader levels, missions, standings, or anything that gives someone a gear advantage through grinding is removed. The only thing that should separate a day 1 character from a 14+ day character is willingness to spend money on gear, not the option to purchase the gear. If you are two weeks behind it's nearly impossible to catch up because you don't have access to ammo that can pen, armor that can keep you alive, and other items to keep you at least reasonably competitive. Yeah, I know it's possible to one shot head shot an end game geared player with buckshot from a shotgun because they were dumb and left their visor up, but you shouldn't have to feed the other 98% of the other rounds because you can't even compete gear wise.

    Idk. It just doesn't feel like it's worth the time and the effort. I can't even modify guns yet, but I am supposed to compete against someone with armor I can't pen in the first 4-6 shots who has full-auto ergo'd out guns that can pen my armor on the first 2 shots. I know. Shame on me for not being able to play for the first two weeks of wipe, but coming from behind is stupidly and needlessly frustrating in this game.

  18. #718
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,285
    I just spent my first woods raid wandering around until I finally found Jaeger's message then losing a firefight with a random scav before hiding in a bush, doing field surgery then running to extract.

    Which sounds aweful but I had great fun for some reason. The fact you have to look up locations on the wiki is daft, though I genuinely loved the absence of a magic self-orientating omniscient map once you are in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  19. #719
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People already running this kinda gear two weeks into a wipe is why they really need to figure out a way to slow that shit down or just make the game alot harder to acquire gear. I know that's not part of this stage of the game dev but ffs, it's insane some retard has that shit already. Very glad you popped him with a VPO though, not an easy weapon to make high lvl kills with.
    The problem with making it harder is that it doesn't balance it out at all. Just makes the process slower. But the fast farmers will still outgear the normies by far. And then there are people like me who don't even manage to unlock the traders propperly before a wipe. <_<
    Which is why this game will only be good when trader levels, missions, standings, or anything that gives someone a gear advantage through grinding is removed. The only thing that should separate a day 1 character from a 14+ day character is willingness to spend money on gear, not the option to purchase the gear. If you are two weeks behind it's nearly impossible to catch up because you don't have access to ammo that can pen, armor that can keep you alive, and other items to keep you at least reasonably competitive. Yeah, I know it's possible to one shot head shot an end game geared player with buckshot from a shotgun because they were dumb and left their visor up, but you shouldn't have to feed the other 98% of the other rounds because you can't even compete gear wise.

    Idk. It just doesn't feel like it's worth the time and the effort. I can't even modify guns yet, but I am supposed to compete against someone with armor I can't pen in the first 4-6 shots who has full-auto ergo'd out guns that can pen my armor on the first 2 shots. I know. Shame on me for not being able to play for the first two weeks of wipe, but coming from behind is stupidly and needlessly frustrating in this game.
    Shoot them in the legs. Honestly heavy bleeds have made armor almost useless
    Oh and the back of the neck is almost always exposed
    Last edited by Varcaus; January 12 2021 at 09:12:55 PM.

  20. #720
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    On a Bote
    Posts
    5,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    People already running this kinda gear two weeks into a wipe is why they really need to figure out a way to slow that shit down or just make the game alot harder to acquire gear. I know that's not part of this stage of the game dev but ffs, it's insane some retard has that shit already. Very glad you popped him with a VPO though, not an easy weapon to make high lvl kills with.
    The problem with making it harder is that it doesn't balance it out at all. Just makes the process slower. But the fast farmers will still outgear the normies by far. And then there are people like me who don't even manage to unlock the traders propperly before a wipe. <_<
    Which is why this game will only be good when trader levels, missions, standings, or anything that gives someone a gear advantage through grinding is removed. The only thing that should separate a day 1 character from a 14+ day character is willingness to spend money on gear, not the option to purchase the gear. If you are two weeks behind it's nearly impossible to catch up because you don't have access to ammo that can pen, armor that can keep you alive, and other items to keep you at least reasonably competitive. Yeah, I know it's possible to one shot head shot an end game geared player with buckshot from a shotgun because they were dumb and left their visor up, but you shouldn't have to feed the other 98% of the other rounds because you can't even compete gear wise.

    Idk. It just doesn't feel like it's worth the time and the effort. I can't even modify guns yet, but I am supposed to compete against someone with armor I can't pen in the first 4-6 shots who has full-auto ergo'd out guns that can pen my armor on the first 2 shots. I know. Shame on me for not being able to play for the first two weeks of wipe, but coming from behind is stupidly and needlessly frustrating in this game.
    But then whats the reward for the people who DO put in that effort?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •