hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape from Tarkov or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the desync

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I get them off reserve scavs pretty often, I think they are the same but I'm usually not recording real numbers. What makes you say that?
    Because im getting about 1 a raid if i clear out the scavs which feels really high

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I get them off reserve scavs pretty often, I think they are the same but I'm usually not recording real numbers. What makes you say that?
    Because im getting about 1 a raid if i clear out the scavs which feels really high
    Low player count high scav count bias? If not, good find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

I feel like that's not a high number, I don't scav run much anymore but when I do I mostly farm other scavs if I can't find a pmc to kill. I'll usually find a card one in every ten or so scavs. Most maps have paths people tend to take, when I snipe a certain position on reserve id kill 5 or 6 player scavs, I feel like they had more keycards than usual.

is this a game thats best played with friends? its it a horrible experience solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    is this a game thats best played with friends? its it a horrible experience solo?
    Solo play is totally fine, and you can make up for the deficit in firepower against groups with better game knowledge. That being said, you're probably going to die a lot for a long time. Eventually through following Therapist quest line and upgrading the hideout you can get to a point where money doesn't really matter that much anymore.

If you like games like Eve or Dwarf Fortress then Tarkov will probably be up your alley.
    Last edited by I Legionnaire; April 20 2020 at 04:58:44 AM.

Trimming my fov down to 65 made an unreasonable upgrade to sights actually being pointed at the right thing

does the game ever go on discount?

2-3 times a year with around 25% off roughly.

Budget 74 is better than I gave it credit for

infinty thermals are fucking cancer, why did they boost already retarded items

Apparently they are going to rework them in an upcoming patch. But yes, cancer.

this game has got an eve vibe to it, its harsh as fuck untill you hit lvl10 and then flea market opens
    then money stops being a problem and now i just suck at gunplay
    still loving it
    do we have a failheap discord or something?
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Only for around 3 years or so

Maybe more

https://discord.gg/4xQveU

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

• Standard Edition - 20% discount
    • Left Behind Edition - 20% discount
    • Prepare for Escape Edition - 20% discount
    • Edge of Darkness Limited Edition - 25% discount
    Discounts starts: 08.05.2020 at 00:01 MSK.
    Discounts ends: 09.05.2020 at 23:59 MSK.
    Discounts for the purchases of several pre-orders as a gift will not be summed with the holiday discounts.
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Budget 74 is better than I gave it credit for
    74M with a good holo is like already in the top 10%, nothing surprising.

I cannot wait for wipe, and hopefully they tackle thermals better this time, I've netted 17 today over the course of 9 raids. Just pure dogshit. Getting glassed over and blasted by M61 or M62 rounds, then having to hide and wait for them to come see if I am dead was fun at first, but killing the same shit squads all of them rocking thermal M1A's is boring as fuck when you can't do anything but hide behind cover to not be seen 400m away.

I watched the Deadlyslob run in Reserve with the head mount thermals. Holy shit why the fuck is that allowed in the game.

At one point they got a high vantage spot and show (with M1a's) every heat source on the map, some just a few pixels. Nothing was living lol

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    I watched the Deadlyslob run in Reserve with the head mount thermals. Holy shit why the fuck is that allowed in the game.

At one point they got a high vantage spot and show (with M1a's) every heat source on the map, some just a few pixels. Nothing was living lol
    I mean... they are selling a realism. Real world weapons aren't designed to be fair. Where do you draw the line between unfair and un-fun?

tbh I wish quests would go away. That way it would be closer to Eve. Yes, you can min/max, but if I get the drop on you with cheaper gear then you can still lose. Having key gear locked behind quests just puts you even further behind those who no-life this game. Why play if you can't eve come close to competing? There is unfair, and un-fun. Gear locked behind quests is un-fun for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post

I mean... they are selling a realism. Real world weapons aren't designed to be fair. Where do you draw the line between unfair and un-fun?

tbh I wish quests would go away. That way it would be closer to Eve. Yes, you can min/max, but if I get the drop on you with cheaper gear then you can still lose. Having key gear locked behind quests just puts you even further behind those who no-life this game. Why play if you can't eve come close to competing? There is unfair, and un-fun. Gear locked behind quests is un-fun for everyone.
    Currently, Flea Market levels the playing field a huuuuge amount (As you can just buy whatever you need from it, and often cheaper than traders). This is gonna change a whole lot next wipe, and I don't think a lot of people are ready for the repercussions, as the only way to get a lot of gear then, will be by doing the retarded tasks, of which a lot are just there to slow progression in an arbitrary way. Currently though, it's not a huge difference, as you don't need top tier ammo to kill people, and there are a lot of alternatives in regards to guns and body armor, compared to 2-3 years ago (3M, Paca and Fort vs 20+ different armors).

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post

Currently, Flea Market levels the playing field a huuuuge amount (As you can just buy whatever you need from it, and often cheaper than traders). This is gonna change a whole lot next wipe, and I don't think a lot of people are ready for the repercussions, as the only way to get a lot of gear then, will be by doing the retarded tasks, of which a lot are just there to slow progression in an arbitrary way. Currently though, it's not a huge difference, as you don't need top tier ammo to kill people, and there are a lot of alternatives in regards to guns and body armor, compared to 2-3 years ago (3M, Paca and Fort vs 20+ different armors).
    You can't say the game is all realism, lots of guns aren't included, and they don't require maintence. Also the thermals see through glass, which in real life they certainly don't. Ironically, the thermal headset is shit now because it's range is limited. Regular thermals have infinite range now. I could care less about quests normally. They are annoying but doable. I think they are dumb when everyone can access the item you need for a quest, truly dumb. Alot like EVE, the company behind the game is inept and brilliant at the same time.

I say ban thermals for sure, not everything is realistic about this game, hip fire and side stepping in gun fights are beyond broken and unrealistic, but sure pull realism out of the hat for thermals.