hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Videos]New Player Guide[10/11/12th Video Added]

Exclamation [Videos]New Player Guide[10/11/12th Video Added]

post is closed due to players trolling the thread and dislking my youtube videos based on personal miss conceptions
    Last edited by Evocationz; December 2 2015 at 08:44:59 AM.

Good series although this here might not be your target audience.

Upon further reading op is a asshat and cant take any criticism.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; December 2 2015 at 10:53:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Oh i imagined not, i just wanted some feed back on the videos or ideas etc

So: I skipped the first one as it's titled Character Creation and I know this has no bearing on playing Eve.
    There's a typo in your vid's description linking to Facebook Pafge.

Part 2: You don't reintroduce the series, something I've come to expect from YT guides, as people may link/share the vid and you want to be clear to unfamiliar views as to what the series is, and who you are. Only a few seconds, and/or a splash screen, not long enough to trigger everyone skipping the old Wadsworth Constant, but more than you have atm. You're missing a brand opportunity, to sell yourself and your channel's content/value to a prospective subscriber.

You repeat yourself almost immediately, with the "NOW" which is a little blunt, and "simple, simple". For a 10min vid (short and not too time-consuming to produce), I'd expect you to be able to script it, or at least retake a few sections and edit them together, to avoid such quality issues.
    The first things you say are technically wrong, one does not move the ship in and out, it's camera that's moving, everything else ingame remains the same relative to the ship, you aren't repositioning your ship as some manner of flying it. Same goes for the left click description, but at least you're consistent.
    ~40secs in, you lose objectivity and rant against CCP, including profanity. This comes across as being unprofessional for a newbie guide, and at this point I'd found enough issues that I've decided to stop watching and just give you this feedback to get you started.

FWIW I've paid attention to a few come-from-nothing YT+twitch games people over the past few years, and they've clearly discussed with their audiences these kinds of details that they've focused on improving in order to grow their viewership and increase their value to marketing companies, in order to secure preview access and exclusive content/interviews. E.g. ZiggyD, and to a lesser extent Kripparian, and (not directly related to gaming) SkallagrimNilsson.

P.S.: audio and visual quality seemed fine so far, and your accent/pronunciation wasn't an issue.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 24 2015 at 10:07:54 AM.
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

I do not swear in any of my videos. if i have it is unknowing and i do not rant against CCP, i state they are very smart and the game is very hard to understand and the current tutorial is far to difficult for non smart people to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Evocationz View Post
    I do not swear in any of my videos.
    42secs in "bore the living crap out of you"

I don't know where you come from that the word "crap" is considered profanity mate.

Cause in the UK, it's not.

Yes, it is. It's also unprofessional (as I'm assuming you're looking to grow your channel for increased ad revenue). Look, you can take the advice, or you can ignore it, I'm just trying to help.

No, i don't think you are, to even suggest i redo a video because i said *crap* is beyond silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Evocationz View Post
    No, i don't think you are, to even suggest i redo a video because i said *crap* is beyond silly.
    lesson #1 in taking criticicm - never insult the critic or rage at a answer. I think you are right that saying crap is by no means bad in any sort of video bar official ones but that answer makes it look like you are someone who cant take anything non positive.

I meant no disrespect at all, im perhaps to blunt for my own good, im merley saying i do not want to redo a video based on a non profanity word simply because he feels offended by it which i cannot see how unless he is just trolling me.

its daneel, he doesnt really troll.

He also didnt say that you should redo anything due to that, he just said that in his opinion swearing of any kind is unprofessional (which i disagree with tbh). His edit the video and redo parts was due to something else and was sound advice. It also wasnt "thats a horrible video - redo it". But it was adice to so so in the future with new videos.

I'd second the advice in having a barebones script to follow while doing videos such as these and an introduction which outlines where the video will go and what will be discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

That may be a good idea, i will give it a try before i make another video and go from there, i am listening to all of you and taking it in. EvE needs a guide like this for new players.

what you can do is try to get into "the relevant /r/eve links" (bottom left of the eve reddit), maybe ask a mod on there if they can link it there as newbie stuff gets put into those things quite often and it would be a huge publicity boost, maybe also try to contact whoever is running the evesimplified blog as its the first thing to show up on the google search for "eve new play guide 2015" which is what i would google if i were a newb.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to W0lf Crendraven again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to W0lf Crendraven again.
    Yeh, color me confused.com

I was trying to +rep him again in this thread. He's right, the reddit sidebar's a good place to want to get your content linked.

ill have a look into it.

took ur advice n did more structure videos