hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 418 of 446 FirstFirst ... 318368408415416417418419420421428 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 8904

Thread: Euro refugee crisis

  1. #8341
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,520
    The cover up plays into the xenophobic narrative far more than the handful of migrant crimes themselves (handful compared to the number of crimes committed by non-migrants)

    I mean I have heard people who seriously think that even walking through a 'muslim ghetto' (really a low-income ghetto) is a ticket to getting stabbed and raped. Even the worst 'muslim ghetto' is nothing compared to some places in the Americas.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; July 8 2018 at 06:05:22 PM.

  2. #8342
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    The cover up plays into the xenophobic narrative far more than the handful of migrant crimes themselves (handful compared to the number of crimes committed by non-migrants)

    I mean I have heard people who seriously think that even walking through a 'muslim ghetto' (really a low-income ghetto) is a ticket to getting stabbed and raped. Even the worst 'muslim ghetto' is nothing compared to some places in the Americas.
    Which in turn has nothing on really violent places like Johannesburg.
    meh

  3. #8343
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

    There have been continouss reports about Germany and Sweden censoring migrant violance over last 3 to 4 years.



    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    That's pretty much bullshit, if anything the opposite is true. More articles in recent years mentions descent when reporting on various crimes. At least in the media I read.


    Of course none of that really matters to right wingers. They'll believe there isn't enough stories in the news regardless.
    right wingers are convinced that urban strife or even civil war is about to break out anywhere with more than a handful of "muslamic infiltrators"
    I wouldnt call it censoring, selective reporting perhaps but even that is a stretch most of the times. That said, Sweden has had one clear case of established news media trying to bury a story and then lying about it in various ways. That also uncovered a bunch of similar incidents that had not really been reported or reported as something else when it was clearly not.
    I think what people take issue with that the main tag line is that there are no problems* at all, and in some cases using the argument that without immigrants/refugees the crime rate, type and victims would have been the same (i.e it would have been filled by native swedes).

    And maybe there are cases where news media is reporting the origin of the suspect its still kept extremely on the down low imho. Not saying one or the other is more true just my observation as is yours.

    * the word 'problem' was replaced with 'challenges', to the point of becoming ridiculous.
    Source?

  4. #8344
    jimmychrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31, 2011
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    The cover up plays into the xenophobic narrative far more than the handful of migrant crimes themselves (handful compared to the number of crimes committed by non-migrants)

    I mean I have heard people who seriously think that even walking through a 'muslim ghetto' (really a low-income ghetto) is a ticket to getting stabbed and raped. Even the worst 'muslim ghetto' is nothing compared to some places in the Americas.
    Which in turn has nothing on really violent places like Johannesburg.
    And the world was worse three hundred years ago but no one lives there any longer so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

  5. #8345
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,891
    It's the same shit as "look, crime rates in black areas are off the charts, all blacks are violent"

    gee, I wonder why those areas are of a low socioeconomic populace

  6. #8346

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    There have been continouss reports about Germany and Sweden censoring migrant violance over last 3 to 4 years.
    In Germany, there was a long time consense that the nationality/ethnicy of a suspect should not be mentioned in news. This has changed after the events on New Year's eve in Cologne, because the narritve on the right side of the political spectrum developed exactly wo what you state.

    Aside from the overall bad handling of the event and the reporting thereafter in the first place, one of the consequences both media and administartion came up with afterwards, is to drop the "no nationality in news coverage" part. It has been update to - paraphrased "mentioned if allegedly related to the event".

    And jut so nobody gets that wrong: those self-policies applied/apply to any event, i.e also for a racism-caused arson.

  7. #8347

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    3,980
    Germans are really getting off the rails over this piece of shit . They extradited an ex Osama bin Laden body guard to native Tunisia and now some are all wet as poor 'immigrant' might be in for some rough time now they want him back collecting his welfare check of 1.400$ a month .
    'Tough guy' signed up for 'torture and mishandling' when he went to work for bin Laden . I imagine getting to work the inner circle took some more than perfect Koran recitation .

    https://www.dw.com/en/osama-bin-lade...les/a-44669066

  8. #8348

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Under German law, foreign nationals cannot be deported back if they face the threat of death or torture.
    Stupid laws applying to everyone and not just selected individuals. Waaah! Waah!!!

  9. #8349
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Under German law, foreign nationals cannot be deported back if they face the threat of death or torture.
    Stupid laws applying to everyone and not just selected individuals. Waaah! Waah!!!
    Death and torture in Tunisia?

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

  10. #8350
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,520
    maybe he shouldnt have been a terrorist and done things that warranted capital punishment in the countries where he helped carry out atrocities then

    real good look to bend over backwards to help a literal al-qaeda butcher germany, keep it up
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; July 17 2018 at 12:46:44 PM.

  11. #8351
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,880
    Liberals will hang themselves with their own tolerance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #8352
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,520
    Its only lip service to tolerance. They (neoliberals, not socialists) happily advocate bringing in more low skill, poorly educated migrants but do the bare fucking minimum to educate and employ them once they are granted papers- and shriek if you point out that this is a problem, or that maybe literal ISIS/al quaeda terrorists shouldn't be given residency.

  13. #8353

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    maybe he shouldnt have been a terrorist and done things that warranted capital punishment in the countries where he helped carry out atrocities then

    real good look to bend over backwards to help a literal al-qaeda butcher germany, keep it up
    Oh please. All Tunisia has to do is to ensure that he will not be tortured or murdered and the Germans apparantly would happily send them his way. It's not exactly a huge concession. Unless you* like people being tortured of course.


    Edit. *Referring to the Tunisians.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; July 17 2018 at 01:01:11 PM.

  14. #8354
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,880
    It's their brand of tolerance. Virtue signalling to acquire social capital. It doesn't matter if you earn a poverty wage because your billionaire CEO is a woman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  15. #8355
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    maybe he shouldnt have been a terrorist and done things that warranted capital punishment in the countries where he helped carry out atrocities then

    real good look to bend over backwards to help a literal al-qaeda butcher germany, keep it up
    Oh please. All Tunisia has to do is to ensure that he will not be tortured or murdered and the Germans apparantly would happily send them his way. It's not exactly a huge concession. Unless you like people being tortured of course.
    I prefer him and all other 'former terrorists' being jailed for life

    he gave up his rights when he signed up to work with literal butchers that revel in slaughter as far as im concerned

    but hey, its not up to me, clearly some factions in germany are fine with people like this being granted residency so have fun with this guy
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; July 17 2018 at 01:03:05 PM.

  16. #8356

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    I agree with your first paragraph a 100% and disagree with your second paragraph a 100%.

    That doesn't imply I'm fine with him even existing but that's on a personal note which isn't important in the larger scheme of things.

  17. #8357
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,520
    I mean he was living in a german town for 8 years. Germany goes after pensioners who were former SS with gutso, but this guy walking the streets freely is ok? wtf

  18. #8358

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Under German law, foreign nationals cannot be deported back if they face the threat of death or torture.
    Stupid laws applying to everyone and not just selected individuals. Waaah! Waah!!!
    Death and torture in Tunisia?
    Germany doesn't extradite people to countries with death penalty, if the crime they committed can result in such a court ruling. And yes, that does include e.g. the U.S.

    I'm unsure about the details, i.e. if a country "ensuring not to" is sufficient enough according to German law for them to being extradited.

    And no - we're not fine with keeping this kind of people in our country. We'd like to rather get rid off them. Fast.

  19. #8359

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

    And no - we're not fine with keeping this kind of people in our country. We'd like to rather get rid off them. Fast.
    As made obvious by the article. I take issue with people being lax on rule of law just because it's convenient, it's a dangerous road to tread.

  20. #8360
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,891
    You cannot "give up" your rights as a human, what a ludicrous statement

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •