hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 393 of 405 FirstFirst ... 293343383390391392393394395396403 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 8099

Thread: Euro refugee crisis

Gott im Himmel

Headscarves are not exclusively mulsim, of course. There are numerous, and quite recent, examples of cultures where headscarves are or were quite common. But it's undoubtedly so that islam, being a misogynistic religion, took to it with particular gusto -- adding a religious component to it. So not only will you shame yourself and your family, and risk getting stoned for your troubles, you're also going to hell forever.

And while covering up women's bodies isn't exclusive to islamic cultures, they are the reigning, and it must be said unchallenged, world champions.

I dunno. I'm not allowed to go in to a store with a mask on so why should they be allowed to go in to stores and petrol stations with headscarfs?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    I dunno. I'm not allowed to go in to a store with a mask on so why should they be allowed to go in to stores and petrol stations with headscarfs?
    A headscarf doesn't typically cover one's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    A headscarf doesn't typically cover one's face.
    same thing really

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Headscarves are not exclusively mulsim, of course. There are numerous, and quite recent, examples of cultures where headscarves are or were quite common. But it's undoubtedly so that islam, being a misogynistic religion, took to it with particular gusto -- adding a religious component to it. So not only will you shame yourself and your family, and risk getting stoned for your troubles, you're also going to hell forever.

And while covering up women's bodies isn't exclusive to islamic cultures, they are the reigning, and it must be said unchallenged, world champions.
    This. (However, I'd like to add that it's not Islam, but the preislamic traditions that demand the covering of women, and those have been just added to the islamic tenets IIRC. I'll be happy to concede my point if someone points the surah in Quran where that is stated.)

While Helgur does have a good point, he's barking up the wrong tree. We should be attacking the misogyny, not the scarves.

What we should be doing instead is to challenge the misogyny and deport those who perpetrate in acts of misogyny. Conveniently, elsewhere in the Nordics, today the Finnish high court ruled that a 22-year old male who was convicted of hitting his sister to "defend family honor" will be deported back to Iraq even though all the requirements for deportation are not fulfilled (e.g. crime not being serious enough). It was decided that his actions, justified by him by cultural reasons, show disregard of the values outlined in the Finnish constitution and international treaties (gender equality and emancipation of women), and upholding those values need to be seen more relevant than the possible risks and inconvenience that the 22-year old male will suffer due to deportation. (link, in Finnish)

Good riddance to the guy tbh.
    Last edited by Timaios; July 14 2017 at 02:10:39 PM.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    It covers their hair and you will be less likely to recognize them after comitting a crime

Smuggo
    It covers their hair and you will be less likely to recognize them after comitting a crime
    But you can easily change the look of your hair so that doesn't really make sense.

But you can easily change the look of your hair so that doesn't really make sense.
    This isnt The Fugitive movie it's real life

Lest we forget, headscarves is how professor Quirrel smuggled Lord Voldemort into Hogwarts.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    So hoods should be banned aswell then? Fuck me. MFW the futility in posting ITT become obvious

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    that's what you get for replying to a Smarnca post

He makes the black mould growing behind my cupboards look smart

So hoods should be banned aswell then? Fuck me. MFW the futility in posting ITT become obvious
    yes. You look like a retard with a hood on - unless it's raining

Smuggo
    Fucking hell Smarn can you be any more retarded?

Yes

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Please don't challenge him

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Why are you on your 4th account?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Why are you on your 4th account?
    I hurt Candy Crushes feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post

This. (However, I'd like to add that it's not Islam, but the preislamic traditions that demand the covering of women, and those have been just added to the islamic tenets IIRC. I'll be happy to concede my point if someone points the surah in Quran where that is stated.)

While Helgur does have a good point, he's barking up the wrong tree. We should be attacking the misogyny, not the scarves.

What we should be doing instead is to challenge the misogyny and deport those who perpetrate in acts of misogyny. Conveniently, elsewhere in the Nordics, today the Finnish high court ruled that a 22-year old male who was convicted of hitting his sister to "defend family honor" will be deported back to Iraq even though all the requirements for deportation are not fulfilled (e.g. crime not being serious enough). It was decided that his actions, justified by him by cultural reasons, show disregard of the values outlined in the Finnish constitution and international treaties (gender equality and emancipation of women), and upholding those values need to be seen more relevant than the possible risks and inconvenience that the 22-year old male will suffer due to deportation. (link, in Finnish)

Good riddance to the guy tbh.
    Tbh I think you will be hard-pressed to find an example of cultural head covering that is not due to religious dictate. It's not something exclusive to Islam for sure, but I certainly cannot think of any that are not due to a religion of sorts.

Can you?

Edit: I think I may have quoted the wrong post but I can't be bothered to change it

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk