hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 407 of 410 FirstFirst ... 307357397404405406407408409410 LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 8185

Thread: Euro refugee crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Just afraid of increasing levels of street crime. I wonder what's causing that?
    the same tendency you see elsewhere in Scandinavia where we're rapidly converting to the cashless society, as shops and banks stop carrying cash and have started to institute measures that means cash received is no longer accessible. robbing the local 7/11 is no longer viable when you need some money quickly, this in turn means that the assorted criminal element have, or lack of alternatives moved onto targeting individuals with associated higher risks for all involved.

taxi-drivers are one of a handful of professions that still readily handle cash in a manner that doesn't require a significant amount of tools and equipment to get to, to the extend that some cab companies, including the local one have started removing cash as a payment option entirely, meaning if you don't have a card to pay with, you get longer wait but then that's not a really a problem either, everybody including your guineapig can get a debit card these days, and we're encouraged to use them in a number of ways.

if you'd spend more than 20 seconds thinking about the article you might even have worked it out on your own.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

The sooner cash becomes rare in the UK the better. Using your card for everything is just more convenient for everyone.

It's been going that way fairly rapidly but I still can't pay with my card in the local chippy unless I get two sausages and I'm fat enough already

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Every purchase recorded, registered, tagged and taxed. No fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    meight, that boat sailed 25 years ago, you're too late.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Pretty much my thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Ironically, in relation to lark, moving towards cashless will also highly annoy many Chinese-ethnic business owners.

dont like cards crew checking in

bring back dubloons

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

bring back dubloons
    I find it funny to see the differences in viewpoints between us cashless Nordics and cash-wanting continentals.

The last time I paid something in cash was probably in the US in June and I usually have cash in my wallet just for emergencies. I'd like to keep it that way too and sure don't want a Spanish system where there's the official price of an item and the extra you pay in 500€ bills just to dodge taxes, thank you.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Best is the Suica ic card that is now spreading in use here; just recharge it at the station whenever it runs low. No codes, no hassle.

Get a second if you're worried about tracking.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

bring back dubloons
    I find it funny to see the differences in viewpoints between us cashless Nordics and cash-wanting continentals.

The last time I paid something in cash was probably in the US in June and I usually have cash in my wallet just for emergencies. I'd like to keep it that way too and sure don't want a Spanish system where there's the official price of an item and the extra you pay in 500€ bills just to dodge taxes, thank you.
    Our goverment last year passed a law that security services no longer need a court's permission to demand information about your transaction history, their or yours personal bank account data, etc. This also extends to companies. In fact, all of this data is freely available to anyone with sufficient permission. I think it's also stored and recorded. Yes, all of it.
    Last edited by Venec; September 13 2017 at 07:20:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post

bring back dubloons

Our goverment last year passed a law that security services no longer need a court's permission to demand information about your transaction history, their or yours personal bank account data, etc. This also extends to companies. In fact, all of this data is freely available to anyone with sufficient permission. I think it's also stored and recorded. Yes, all of it.
    Okay, I can see how that would be a concern when a country is teetering towards proto-fascism.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

bring back dubloons

Okay, I can see how that would be a concern when a country is teetering towards proto-fascism.
    we stopped teetering towards proto-fascism about 10 years ago m8, now we're just waiting for the right strong-man to arrive and "set things right"
    Viking, n.:

The integration works as planned...

"Why did you become a Christian?": Two men attacked a young man in Berlin-Neukölln because he wore a cross around his neck. They should be beaten and beaten.
    https://www.welt.de/politik/article1...lflow_facebook

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    ...that already applies to every purchase meighty

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    ...that already applies to every purchase meighty
    Nope.

Just looking at the UK, the untraceable black market is about 10% of the size of the traceable economy. Our black market is below average sized as well.

We recently changed the look of our Swedish currency (notes mostly). It was 6-8m ago or so. I think. I honestly dont know. I barely know what the new notes look like.
    Every time I see someone use them I'm like "lol! gtfo with that monopoly money dude!" and then watch cashier except and hand back even stranger notes...

I took out some just to make myself more familiar with them 2 weeks ago. It was the first time I held/used cash in probably 12 months (in Sweden).

e: Actually scratch that, not used cash in the Nordics for 12 months, I travel fairly frequently between my dear neighbors. <3
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; September 13 2017 at 11:34:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

haha, i remember when i asked if this was monopoly money:

NSFW i guess
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

"Why did you become a Christian?": Two men attacked a young man in Berlin-Neukölln because he wore a cross around his neck. They should be beaten and beaten.
    There's been literally no integration planned from a state level at all. That's the entire fucking problem.

The state builds social capital and eases politicians consciences by letting in refugees, leaves charities and local groups to do the actual important hard work with no resources and then pontificates when fascism comes back into vogue.

What gave you idea integration was ever a priority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

There's been literally no integration planned from a state level at all. That's the entire fucking problem.

The state builds social capital and eases politicians consciences by letting in refugees, leaves charities and local groups to do the actual important hard work with no resources and then pontificates when fascism comes back into vogue.

What gave you idea integration was ever a priority?
    My favorite bit is the Facebook referral URL, if this is the kind of shit he reads on his Facebook no wonder he's a moron.

bring back dubloons

Now the jews will know how poor you are

Fuck