hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310360400407408409410
Results 8,181 to 8,185 of 8185

Thread: Euro refugee crisis

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    they measure all sorts of stuff too, not just top speed in a given area. rate of acceleration, time of day you drive etc etc - good for new new drivers (as in first year or two passed the test) because insurance can be horrific (especially for lads) but not something i'd do for longer than that.

I used a black box for the first year I had a car. I got regular emails saying I was driving too fast but it knocked 350 off my insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    they measure all sorts of stuff too, not just top speed in a given area. rate of acceleration, time of day you drive etc etc - good for new new drivers (as in first year or two passed the test) because insurance can be horrific (especially for lads) but not something i'd do for longer than that.
    Can't differentiate insurance based on sex anymore. A rare win for men.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Can't differentiate insurance based on sex anymore. A rare win for men.
    I'm guessing they've just made it more expensive for women lol?

I'm guessing they've just made it more expensive for women lol?
    Initially yes. Since then it's driven the car insurance agency to abandon their archaic demographic-based approaches and take much, much more data into account when making offers on policies.

Remember it's not wrong to charge a man more, it's just wrong to charge him more for being a man.