hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cursed Lands (Curse)

Please do tyrus i wanna move back to curse for non worthless pve

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    On the topic of hiding / not hiding / engaging.

CJEVE has been purposefully been recruiting players with semi-significant SP, and we've got decent numbers.

I'm not 100% sure we can reliably engage against a fully trained gang (because we tend to end up filling out our fleet using a few less-experienced pilots)

But I'll see what I can do over the weekdays.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post
    On the topic of hiding / not hiding / engaging.

CJEVE has been purposefully been recruiting players with semi-significant SP, and we've got decent numbers.

I'm not 100% sure we can reliably engage against a fully trained gang (because we tend to end up filling out our fleet using a few less-experienced pilots)

But I'll see what I can do over the weekdays.
    Would be fun to fight you guys when you get more experianced members. you fly good gangs (usually) but your low sp members usually fuck it for you

To Find us you have to be smart.
    To Catch us you have to be quick.
    To beat us , You've got to be joking.

Had a small scrap with Stevie's Deimos + Oneiros combo in Doril again today. We had 6 AF's in fleet + 1 old friend we happened to run into unannounced on that gate who helped out. Maybe a bit blobby yes, but he aggressed us first, and it wasn't like I was going to tell people not to get on the mail He almost took down one of our harpies but I had the brains to call for all webs on the deimos so the harpy could pull range and warp (the oneiros was aggressed with drones and couldn't jump; he died).

http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kil...ll_id=13630723

We later accidentally'd into a gang of a couple canes, and sabre, and a rapier; it's almost like all minmatar ships are designed to be anti-frigate. Due to a scouting miscommunication we accidentally jumped into them, all managed to jump back but the rapier was able to tackle our rupture on the side; nothing we could've really done to get him out of there sadly.

The fishy thing is that the oneiros didn't have drones to aggress you with.

Midori wants you to know that he died, because he has honoure (and he couldn't jump through the gate for some reason. vOv). That wasn't really a good decision to engage on my part, but now I know to avoid AF gangs in my Deimos. lol.

tl;dr- Lex restores honoure by engaging.

How does curse look during mid USTZ? 0100-0400 server?
    Having moved back into the area we had this fight Friday: http://thorn.killmail.org/?a=kill_re...ll_id=13609902

2 of our losses were dictors, 2 were close range fit ships in a long range fleet. we simply kited them and after killing their tackle and proving we could break reps (they actually out scimi'd us) on what was left they fucked off. The actual fight lasted quite a while and was good fun.
    Last edited by indeterminacy; June 11 2012 at 07:46:10 PM.

Had a GF against the Thorn / 401k Setup in muninns.

I was afraid they would be formed in that, and brought Shield Ti3s on the roam anyways, which are light on raw EHP....

We were on our way to doril, looping through catch / curse, when i noticed a fairly large number of jumps on dotlan around g-0q86.

We redirected, and while we were SUPPOSED to be waiting for our last logistics, who DC'd, half my fleet warped to the G-0 Gate in KLMT as G-0 spiked with the 401k/Thorn muninn fleet. I warped the remainder of the fleet through and we jumped to g-0, where we ganked an overeager muninn. we got off gate (which ended up being a mistake) and they jumped through and engaged. They outlogi'd us by 1, but the key factor turned out to be alpha more than anything. They wiped a couple of our light tackle and then started hammering our main dps. We warped out, regrouped, and jumped back in to KLMT for round 2, staying grouped and close-ish to the gate... we popped another muninn and sabre, but continued to take losses so we once again bailed and left the field to them, losing a tornado (not sure if he had been hard tackled earlier or just didn't hit his MWD early enough) on the way out.

We traded ~goodfites~ in local and prepared to depart, 401k/Thorn apparently intending to allow us to leave like gentlemen.... our "scouts" (aka pods) trying to flee, however, ran in to a camp of 5 on the KLMT gate in HLW... the bulk of the hostile fleet had gone back to G-0 however, so we made the call to run the 5 man rear guard camp. We avenged several of our losses here, scoring another muninn and sabre kill + drake/cane kills as well. The muninn gang finally jumped in as the last tackle was dropped and we warped out again. Pursuit ended there and our fleet returned to providence uneventfully.

BR including adjacent kills from our perspective:

http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_relate...362&adjacent=1

we show an even total result but I'm under the impression we may have lost a couple of non-cva in the fight as well.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Good fight guys (not in local cause of pod scouting )

Ran a little kitey-type fleet through providence, wicked creek, catch, and then finally back home to Curse. Didn't really find much in the way of engagements except for a few poorly fit BC's that bit our bait (the bait that solo'd the harby and cane and would've likely had no issue soloing the other harby + maller).

After that it was mostly a roam of chasing things that ran from us, a random gank here and there, chasing some more stuff, and then heading home. Afterwards we promptly hotdropped a lolz-chimera in Immensea.

Dunno what all this talk of Curse being dead in USTZ is vOv we've found plenty of good stuff during the night to pew pew.

THORN's board from last night:

G-O http://thorn.killmail.org/?a=kill_re...ll_id=13655718
    KLMT http://thorn.killmail.org/?a=kill_re...ll_id=13655748

Would do again and was the highlight of the night as the 98724589728903745 dudes we found later in Etherium Reach did not share our sense of space honoure and camped us to fuck for like 90 minutes.

Capped off busy weekend and celebrated alphastarpilot's return from vacation with an amazing fight against Gents in Hemin.

We had 40 dudes in our Muninn fleet (not all muninns but canes, light tackle, and 5 scimis as well). We just went and camped their station until Gents brought a fight (not that they weren't planning on it mind you). A deal was made to avoid shooting FCs, gfgf was inbound.

So on the station lands tempests, hurricanes, scimis, and RF Firetails - a brawl ensues with both sides warping around grid occasionally trying to get the upper hand and neither really succeeding and spending a lot of time bashing each other in the face, changing targets trying to find a weak point. We have a hard time with tempests but find the hurricanes to be good targets for us. As time goes on we are loosing a ship every time we reposition and it's usually a recon or logi. So we're down to 3 logis from 5 and gents are reshipping as they die and are up to 7 logis from 3.

We've killed a lot and will just be slowly ground down if we stay so we headed for LJ- as Gents got on a Titan. We expected a drop on the route back and there was...but it was 20,000 km of the gate so, welp

Battle report is beyond readable because we smart bombed to clear drones a few times and THORN Alliance is still not able to be moved on dog-net w/e thing.

Some facts:
    34 kills on the THORN board: 7 RF Firetails, 4 Tempest, 10 canes, 5 scimis with a cpl rifters and a muninn thrown in.
    5 losses including Raptor, Ishkur, Rifter, Muninn, Huginn.

Retirement club lost Sabre, Falcon, Scimi, 2 muninn, crow, hound, 2 rupture, curse
    Init/IM had a scimi with us as well, he died.

I'd swear the fight lasted 20 minutes.

Link for what it's worth: http://thorn.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_re...ll_id=13695987

tl;dr
    Great fight in Hemin vs Gents to end the weekend. Lots died on both sides we think we came out ahead. Would do again.

started roaming curse to avoid blobs and hotdrops.

Immediately got hotdropped by Gentlemen's agreement fleet instead of getting a ~goodfite~ against falcon + 6 BC.

Although. The BC fleet MAY have been ROL and GENTS was opportunistic on a 3-way as their cyno excuse, but... it was still a bit of a disappointment after getting a couple of goodfites last week.

Ah well v0v roll of the dice i suppose.

started roaming curse to avoid blobs and hotdrops.

Immediately got hotdropped by Gentlemen's agreement fleet instead of getting a ~goodfite~ against falcon + 6 BC.

Although. The BC fleet MAY have been ROL and GENTS was opportunistic on a 3-way as their cyno excuse, but... it was still a bit of a disappointment after getting a couple of goodfites last week.

Ah well v0v roll of the dice i suppose.
    If you make it to LJ-, you will be met with honoure.

I see we got a quick slap on the wrist from Exodus.

http://kb.eve-401k.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13735281

BR?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post

BR?
    I wasn't there, but from the looks of it Imperial Legion got a bit more than a slap on the wrist: http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_r...ll_id=13735482

BR?
    Sure. Holy shit, this got long, so tl;dr - fun fights with the denizens of the far east, first Goons, wtf, then 401k/Thorn, followed by two rounds with ImpL.

The fight above ended up getting a bit bigger, actually split over three rounds:

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=8209

We (ExodusDOT) formed up to roam in our typical nano fleet - drakes and nados/oracles - with some new friends in Adversity along for the ride. Being largely moon time zone where most of eve is going to sleep and fights are not always easy to come by, we do our usual look at map > pick bright light > leeroy there at best speed while making fun of each other and listening to terrible music to pass the time.

We've had some fun scraps with the various residents of the East in Kalevala, Scalding, ER, and that area while they've been engaging in sov fights. We have utterly no dog in that hunt, but will go shoot anyone we can find and get tackle on. Biggest light was in KZF where map said ~35 in space. We burned the 20 or so jumps, only to see the light start dissipating just as we get close (fml). We get a scout into system, holding a couple out, and see SBUs onlining with 15 mins or so to go.

So we wait to see if anything shows up. Suddenly a wild Goon gang of 15ish or so frigs-BCs appears and leeroys into us, no idea why or what they were doing out there but we appreciate the the fight. I'm going to guess they found a wormhole or something into the area.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13735014

But not much seemed to be going on in KZF, home of Imperial Legion (I think, at least for now). Sad face; so we burn toward a few other lights, which turn out to be nothing but ratting systems. Then one of our very observant meta-scouts links an interesting KM: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13735102. When we can't find a good fight, we generally just turn on each other, so this KM sparks a retarded debate on exactly how much LO a rapier needs to light a cyno, and the probability he was an in-cyno for a gang or something tasty like caps. So we burn a scout over while raging at each other (standard decision making procedure for our clusterfuck FC style), to find out that he was in fact an in-cyno, for a moderate sized 15ish man 401k / Thorn gang that is repping the SBUs and skirmishing with ImpL bombers.

We burn over, one of our duders derps into the system and possibly spooks 401k, causing us to miss them all on the warp-in. :RAGE: But, luckily their warrior spirit kicks in and 401k/Thorn warp back in on us at 40 or 50. We have a material DPS advantage, but they have the rep advantage with 4 scimis and 2 falcons to our 1 hero scimi. Our tier 3 pilots are salivating at the opportunity to blap stuff b/c we think they're in insta-locking anti-bomber arty canes (and b/c of :falcon; we get one falcon, (who isn't showing up and Dog / Eve-kill is acting screwy), three canes and a talos at which point its clear we're alphaing right through reps and 401k/Thorn opts to disengage, losing a couple of scimis tackled behind.

GFs exchanged, we loot and are about leave, when Imperial Legion gets jealous of our fun and warps in on us in a bunch of drakes / scimis / stuff. WOOT! Bonus round begins. A quick 5-10 minute scrap commences, with us cycling targets, trying to break reps while keeping range. We lose a cane (post your loss coward) and nearly one of our taloses, but are killing a few here and there as well. ImpL realizes they're light on tackle and opts to disengage, as they're not really killing many of us once we get properly to range.

However, we have awoken momma bear and she's going to defend her den. ImpL reships, an archon is undocked, and they warp back to us for double bonus round, this time with more dudes, more scimis, and MOAR drakes! But still very little tackle, which proves to be a problem for them. Our tackle latches onto the archon - we figure as long as we can keep him on field, they'll keep coming in to save him - and we go to work on the rest of the fleet. We're unable to break the brick tanked drakes due to scimis + carrier reps but are blapping right through everything else. As duders die they reship and return, and more drakes keep landing; after 15 mins or so of brawling at overheated point range from the carrier we are eventually forced away, allowing the archon to warp off. We grab what we can, the rest disengage, and many GFs are exchanged in local.

Thanks for the fights to our warrior friends in 401k / Thorn and angry bears in ImpL. I'm nearly certain we got fraps of some of it, at least the last round, so we'll try to throw some up on youtube if it looks decent. We're pretty bad at fraps and actually creating vids though so no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post

BR?
    I wasn't there, but from the looks of it Imperial Legion got a bit more than a slap on the wrist: http://exodus.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_r...ll_id=13735482
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderus View Post
    BR?
    Sure. Holy shit, this got long, so tl;dr - fun fights with the denizens of the far east, first Goons, wtf, then 401k/Thorn, followed by two rounds with ImpL.

The fight above ended up getting a bit bigger, actually split over three rounds:

http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=8209

We (ExodusDOT) formed up to roam in our typical nano fleet - drakes and nados/oracles - with some new friends in Adversity along for the ride. Being largely moon time zone where most of eve is going to sleep and fights are not always easy to come by, we do our usual look at map > pick bright light > leeroy there at best speed while making fun of each other and listening to terrible music to pass the time.

We've had some fun scraps with the various residents of the East in Kalevala, Scalding, ER, and that area while they've been engaging in sov fights. We have utterly no dog in that hunt, but will go shoot anyone we can find and get tackle on. Biggest light was in KZF where map said ~35 in space. We burned the 20 or so jumps, only to see the light start dissipating just as we get close (fml). We get a scout into system, holding a couple out, and see SBUs onlining with 15 mins or so to go.

So we wait to see if anything shows up. Suddenly a wild Goon gang of 15ish or so frigs-BCs appears and leeroys into us, no idea why or what they were doing out there but we appreciate the the fight. I'm going to guess they found a wormhole or something into the area.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13735014

But not much seemed to be going on in KZF, home of Imperial Legion (I think, at least for now). Sad face; so we burn toward a few other lights, which turn out to be nothing but ratting systems. Then one of our very observant meta-scouts links an interesting KM: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13735102. When we can't find a good fight, we generally just turn on each other, so this KM sparks a retarded debate on exactly how much LO a rapier needs to light a cyno, and the probability he was an in-cyno for a gang or something tasty like caps. So we burn a scout over while raging at each other (standard decision making procedure for our clusterfuck FC style), to find out that he was in fact an in-cyno, for a moderate sized 15ish man 401k / Thorn gang that is repping the SBUs and skirmishing with ImpL bombers.

We burn over, one of our duders derps into the system and possibly spooks 401k, causing us to miss them all on the warp-in. :RAGE: But, luckily their warrior spirit kicks in and 401k/Thorn warp back in on us at 40 or 50. We have a material DPS advantage, but they have the rep advantage with 4 scimis and 2 falcons to our 1 hero scimi. Our tier 3 pilots are salivating at the opportunity to blap stuff b/c we think they're in insta-locking anti-bomber arty canes (and b/c of :falcon; we get one falcon, (who isn't showing up and Dog / Eve-kill is acting screwy), three canes and a talos at which point its clear we're alphaing right through reps and 401k/Thorn opts to disengage, losing a couple of scimis tackled behind.

GFs exchanged, we loot and are about leave, when Imperial Legion gets jealous of our fun and warps in on us in a bunch of drakes / scimis / stuff. WOOT! Bonus round begins. A quick 5-10 minute scrap commences, with us cycling targets, trying to break reps while keeping range. We lose a cane (post your loss coward) and nearly one of our taloses, but are killing a few here and there as well. ImpL realizes they're light on tackle and opts to disengage, as they're not really killing many of us once we get properly to range.

However, we have awoken momma bear and she's going to defend her den. ImpL reships, an archon is undocked, and they warp back to us for double bonus round, this time with more dudes, more scimis, and MOAR drakes! But still very little tackle, which proves to be a problem for them. Our tackle latches onto the archon - we figure as long as we can keep him on field, they'll keep coming in to save him - and we go to work on the rest of the fleet. We're unable to break the brick tanked drakes due to scimis + carrier reps but are blapping right through everything else. As duders die they reship and return, and more drakes keep landing; after 15 mins or so of brawling at overheated point range from the carrier we are eventually forced away, allowing the archon to warp off. We grab what we can, the rest disengage, and many GFs are exchanged in local.

Thanks for the fights to our warrior friends in 401k / Thorn and angry bears in ImpL. I'm nearly certain we got fraps of some of it, at least the last round, so we'll try to throw some up on youtube if it looks decent. We're pretty bad at fraps and actually creating vids though so no promises.
    Fuck you EL i was writing a BR and went afk for dinner , came back and you wrote it *emo rages*

To Find us you have to be smart.
    To Catch us you have to be quick.
    To beat us , You've got to be joking.

yo IMP-L, dreads on station, in a bubble? that's bad mkay

Quote Originally Posted by Calderus View Post
    We lose a cane (post your loss coward)
    It's posted (I made sure) but not showing up on any of the BR's for whatever reason, even on our board. vOv

Video of the Exodus. vs Imperial Legion fight in KZFV-4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPKRAvB61L0