hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cursed Lands (Curse)

So i come home from drinking, check my alliances KB and....

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11570750
    http://kb.morsus-mihi.org/?a=kill_re...ll_id=11570970
    http://kb.ds-alliance.com/battle/b2899/#overview (classified for another 3+ hours. Shows 14min timeline, 27:81 and 39:8 killed)

Feeling a bit now, given MMs posting on kugu
    Last edited by n0th; November 19 2011 at 10:11:05 PM.

Just as many raging haters posting there as RAWR chestbeaters.

During formup for an op Sunday around 1800 some brickies were tarped in station by Wreck / Wreckless Chavs. They had I dunno 8-10 guys on station aggressing our guys trying to form up (mind you, we're all going on the same op, on the same side). So bait them, cyno up, and bridge on top of them killing 2 abaddons and a loki while the rest docked. Then I guess their diplo started raging at our diplo for killing them on station. I dunno how our thumping them was unjustified but, I predict this will all end hilariously.

loki http://brick.killmail.org/?a=kill_de...ll_id=11578732
    abaddon http://brick.killmail.org/?a=kill_de...ll_id=11578938
    abaddon http://brick.killmail.org/?a=kill_de...ll_id=11578691

We moved into the general are recently and have been having a very good time down here. It seems like everyone is running 10-20 man gangs up and down the Doril to Vol pipe every day. Had quit a few good fights against those gangs. Although.....seriously wtf is up with the falconfalconfalconfalconfalcon gangs. I swear I have seen 8 man gangs with more falcons than dps ships.

But v0v we are adapting. Best fights I have had so far was with a -A- gang in pests and this last weekend in a shield BC fleet against 6packsyndicate. The latter was a complete romperstomping. Smack would have been much more fun if one of their pilots hadn't reminded me that he killed my vaga with his drake the night before.

Also had a very skin of the teeth loss to a......I can't remember their name but they were baiting with a phobos on a gate. Must not of thought very much of me because he started by sitting on the gate at zero with his sebo running (yeah, that's gonna work.) Then he intentionally(?) warped off and then back into our drag bubbles 100k behind the gate. Seemed like this was a huge mistake on his part because his buddies on the other side would not be able to get in range in time to save him. We were able to get him to 30% structure before rookrookrookrook. It was a good change from the falcons at least.

Edit: Oh yeah, and while I wasn't around for this, looks like one of our brand new waffle FCs (had never FC'd before or really pvp'd much) ran into hydra duders + Garmon in an Adrestia. The new FC chose to engage and die like a retarded lion. He will do well in waffles.
    Last edited by Hellkyte; November 29 2011 at 03:02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    They laughed at Einstein. They laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the clown.

Yes the fighting has been nice. This week was mostly spent going from H-ADOC through HLW to Doril, fighting along the way, en route to SBU and RF HED.

Now it seems, of all things, TEST has deployed to H-ADOC literally shitting up everything. We had about 40 of them trapped in the station by our 24 man fleet. They played docking games in hurricanes and pods (poorly in some cases) until finally undocking bait and cyno bridging in another 50-60 duders on station.

Frankly, it's just stupid now and TEST are WN meatshields?

edit for a now functional killboard and br: http://killboard.brick-squad.co.uk/?...ll_id=11768629

TEST think they're camping in RAWR and finishing them off. If you look at the BR you see there 2 RAWR of the 33 pilots. Rest are brick (mostly star frontiers, reliables, and thorn). clearly I also underestimated numbers of both sides, theirs by quite a bit.

So we have 6000 guys at a minimum organizing to camp about 350 guys in 3 corps in NPC 0.0. This is apparently what EVE has come to.

Also, hi hellkyte, sorry about that ishtar :P
    Last edited by indeterminacy; December 5 2011 at 05:59:50 PM.

As some of you might know Cascade Imminent (FAIL) deployed to H-ADOC a couple of days ago. Being good hosts DarkSide decided to give them a warm welcome and engaged their 120-man Geddon-fleet with 40-man T3-gang. Once saw our cyno they ran home like headless chickens... just to be slaughtered by PL/NCdot. Stupid. Today's evening we had been blocking their undock with the same gang until they (tried to) gave us a fight. Not sure what they wanted to do, fits show they wanted to counter us with webs, but something went wrong, and FAIL was forced to dock. gf gf gf

EVOL is forming a new alliance with SHIVA and the remnants of Gianstbane.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/The_Retirement_Club

We're moving to Curse. And that's about it for now. xD

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    How does curse look during mid USTZ? 0100-0400 server?
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

My corpmate and I did a roam at 03:00 last night. The only PvP'ers out and about were gatecamping the RMOC gate in Hemin.

http://evol.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_rel...ll_id=13600631

They had some more T1 ships at the gate, but the nerds ran, although they got my PromMos into structure. Switching to 1600 plate to utilize all dem sick repair stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post
    We roam provi/curse/catch/low sec around assah almost every night....

Curse is TERRIBLE during that time. After messing around with -A- we'll normally take the "everyone talks and comms suck" attitude as we know we won't be seeing anything but a 2 or 3 man gate camp that runs from more than a frigate.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belegarath View Post
    We roam provi/curse/catch/low sec around assah almost every night....

Curse is TERRIBLE during that time. After messing around with -A- we'll normally take the "everyone talks and comms suck" attitude as we know we won't be seeing anything but a 2 or 3 man gate camp that runs from more than a frigate.
    You're in exodus? Yeah I welped my fleet on your g-5 gang not long ago because one of our basilisks warped to the wrong place and ~100AU so we were pretty done.

-a- isn't deployed at the moment so any time we get very deep in catch we just get trapped by a huge blob we have no hope of engaging. Looking for less blobby territory, sounds like Curse needs more fleets though :-/

not a lot of small-medium gangs roaming, though we get visitors sometimes.
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; June 8 2012 at 06:09:57 PM.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

We did another roam today (Me in a Deimos; corpie dual-boxing Oneiros and Ishtar). We roamed down near G-O, seeing only a few roaming frigs and a 10-ish man gang in Zealots/Oracles (didn't check their corp/alliance in local, because I'm dumb). We headed back to Sendaya, and in Jorund, a 4-man gang who had not engaged us on our way into Curse (they were in 2x Sabres, Vagabond, Vigilant; camping the dead-end Farit gate...) had reshipped and were ready to fight.

I warped to their station, had some things undock and chase. The Lach followed us to gate, and aggressed, so I ordered us through (which, in retrospect, was dumb; I should have let more ships aggress). A Vagabond followed us, and we brawled him down quickly, despite a Scimitar jumping in at the end to give him reps. I started to turn my guns on the Cynabal, but at that point, with the Sleipnir now on field, the Oneiros's reps couldn't hold me. I died, and the Ishtar died soon after. Luckily, our Logi made out.

It was a good fight, and without the Sleipnir, I think we would have done much better.

http://evol.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_rel...ll_id=13605161

You're in exodus? Yeah I welped my fleet on your g-5 gang not long ago because one of our basilisks warped to the wrong place and ~100AU so we were pretty done.
    Yep, I was one of the Guards. When you guys landed 50 off the 9-F gate I called for a warp back to Assah at 10 or 20k... had the dps start to move out towards 9-F hoping for another 50 call by you guys. When the inty landed I had them turn around to gate to not show our hand but as soon as you guys were off d-scan from 9-F/on dscan from us I told them to start burning out in that direction again. Then had someone else start making all the calls as I went into "logi mode".

All in all though, I'd love to see you guys out more often. I know CVA is primarily EU... but EE and -7- have a good sized USTZ but they just don't form up to fight. Either sit in their JB POS or dock up - pretty lame. You don't learn to pvp without losing mass amounts of ships. -7- had more logi and more DPS the other night and still ran back to their JB POS when they realized we had more than just 3 ships <-- Of sound mind/TSOE does this as well on their gate camps. More than 1 target? RUN AWAY. Gets lame.

Glad you guys fought though.

TL;DR.... Yep, I was there, thanks for a fight!
    Last edited by Belegarath; June 8 2012 at 07:34:37 PM.

-7- had more logi and more DPS the other night and still ran back to their JB POS when they realized we had more than just 3 ships <-- Of sound mind/TSOE does this as well on their gate camps. More than 1 target? RUN AWAY. Gets lame.
    We've fought you before when we had anything close to a gang that could kill even one of you. Typically you have off-grid booster T3's and outnumber us by 4-6 pilots, not to mention the obvious skill point advantage which multiplies the imbalance. Complaining that a scrub training alliance that purposely recruits sub-10 million SP people won't fight you outnumbered is goofy.

If I think we have a good shot at getting a good fight with you, we go for it, despite the fact that we know we'll come out losing a few more ships. We've fought you in YWSO and 9FOB on the rare occasions where I think we can get a fight out of it. We fought you on Sunday, even, after you had demolished the -7- fleet in YWSO. Went shitty (traded a tornado and brutix for a drake), but you can't say we didn't attempt to engage.

Would like to have more fights with you guys just so my guys can improve by fighting a competent group, but if I take 10-12 guys into 15-17 dudes with a off-grid booster advantage every night... then I'd be a retard who wouldn't get anyone to form up. No point to a one-sided suicide, and the advantage you get from the off-grid boosts you have up on every gang makes fighting you outnumbered a one-sided suicide.

I know to most of your guys everyone in Providence is in a single fleet and coordinating, but really, few of us cooperate on any level. Most fleets in US TZ Providence are operating on their own rather than one big ol' blob. Tyrus can testify to that.

Curse is so dead in US TZ, hopefully this new Retirement Club alliance can give a reason to visit once in a while.

Not trying to shit up the curse thread... but maybe if we keep talking more activity will occur!

We rarely have more than 12. I'm trying to find the last time we had more than 15 including the 1 Logi that we bring with nano. Normally if we've hit the 15 barrier unless we have a specific target (Lately -A- fleets that appear on the intel of which we formed 16 to go fight their 51 a few nights ago) we'll break down into 2 groups. Sure... doesn't mean that the groups don't talk to each other if someone forms up and they potentially need a bit of help... Just because you see 8 Exodus in one area doesn't mean the other 5 in R3 are able to support right away. Same principle for us more often than not, just like yourselves. I'm not saying you need to be a blob. Talk. That's it. Just talk. But as to blue's and the provi block...

What is the point of being blue if not to help each other when a threat appears, yes? (or annoyance... I don't view us as a threat) We realize very much that you guys are not a single coordinated fleet. The way in which you all act makes this very very, almost painfully, clear. We wouldn't have been able to take the EE/-7- group with yours most likely if you guys seemed to even have something of a plan together. You have each other's comms... I have their comms, I'll get on and introduce everyone so you guys can form up/bait/switch all night long. I talk to Raven pretty frequently... I'll convo you the next time I'm on them. Talking is key - find their FCs, co-ordinate. It's pretty easy and once you do it enough times it becomes routine. The YWSO fight that I think you are talking about we didn't even have a booster for. Miscommunication had some people thinking I brought mine... someone else brought theirs... long story short we didn't have one. Boosters help for sure... yet you can fit the links on Drakes with little issue to get some bonus if you do not want to take the 4-6 months to train a booster. Might not even take 4 months to get in a loki with shit leadership skills that will outperform a drake in that role.

But - I understand your sentiment, don't lose anything, keep camping, guys keep coming out to gank 1 or 2 things. Y'all are happy with that. If guys cannot take losses while learning to do something pvp oriented then this game is not for them. Stop camping. Roam. Take the guys and roam, you'll all be better off for it in the long run. New guys will learn way more than they can from sitting at a gate. Even if you don't fight us - roam and find someone else to slaughter.

But - I understand your sentiment, don't lose anything, keep camping, guys keep coming out to gank 1 or 2 things. Y'all are happy with that.
    Not the sentiment at all, really. We've engaged you multiple times when we didn't have to on your current basing out of Assah and did so when you based closer to R3 last fall, but the whole "suicide into us so you'll get better" thing isn't realistic at all. Moving off position to avoid a stronger gang with a neutral off-grid booster has nothing to do with not wanting to lose ships, but rather a wish to not charge in like lemmings to a comp that is set-up with as little risk as possible.

If the goal is to get cheap ganks, it's better to be red to Proviblock than blue. You know that.

As for not forming a giant big ol' blob, it's for the better of each entity that we try to run our own fleets in times of non-invasion. You don't get better at all by forming up 35 man gangs to go fight 15-17 man gangs. Would rather move away from your gang when we can't engage than blob it up. You don't get better going to carebearland and destroying pots n' pans home defense fleets. You get better by engaging competent pilots that set out to PvP, the kind you can find roaming to Providence from time to time.

As for the YWSO fight, eyes saw neutral cloaky loki and tengu in system, engaged anyways. If they weren't off-grid boosting, great. I can't think of many, if any, times I've seen you guys have gangs up without one though. Which is obviously your right, but it causes people to not bother fighting you when they see it.

Might not even take 4 months to get in a loki with shit leadership skills that will outperform a drake in that role.
    Trying to stay away from the imbalanced gimmicks, with the vain hope that CCP will swing the nerf-bat one day, don't want to come to rely on them. We quite respect the ability of your gangs and such, just trying to address the whole "They moved because they don't want a fight" stuff. Fights are great, walking into a predetermined slaughter because you're outmatched in numbers, boosts, skills, range, and speed? Nobody does that. Expecting people to do that just because "they're scrubs and that's what scrubs should do" is poor form. I don't smack when a gang avoids or moves off, most of the time they have a good reason to. It's more offensive when they suicide thoughtlessly.
    Last edited by XavierVE; June 9 2012 at 08:28:52 AM.

So in other words a booster should only be allowed in blobs?

To take a 10-15 man gang out and be forced to dedicate someone to a otherwise worthless ship can kill a gang comp. Throw the vulture/claymore into a 60man group and you've lost nothing. That's about the only thing I find not balanced about them. Do you have the opportunity to train for one? Yes. Balance given by choice to train or not (much the same to my argument for tarding up the game and taking out the OPTION to train learning skills or not). Take away those boosts and that'll simply be yet another nerf bat to small gang warfare overall. Won't affect large gangs at all. So all in all... I'd expect it to happen eventually as the people in the vast null blobs bitch/whine/moan because they don't care to train up their own... easily done. And the toon continues to be usefull for other roles even if they do hit it with the nerf bat.

Also... if you don't like an off grid booster - probe him. It really is easy enough to do. We've had it happen to us and we've done it to others - we usually get 1-2 a month.

As a side note as well - I can guarantee the Tengu wasn't ours as there is no benefit for us to even run one. I know for a fact after looking at the fleet window in my fraps that we didn't have a Loki there. Not discounting all the other times.

Anyways... done shitting up the curse thread.

Going to attempt to not be a fucking jack ass for once in my life.

TBH Xavier ever thought of using a different gang comp. ? There are a fuckton of ways to counter the gangs we run (yes running away is one because it pisses me off). Instead of using insta lock canes and rail brutixes(seriously..wtf)...use oh idk arty Munnins or armor T3's or have 1 or 2 competent recon pilots in your gang OR the biggest sugestion of them all...Get your own loki booster ? None of sugested is that hard tbh and if your gonna train your guys to get better , which is a respectable thing to do, you need to switch up the comps. i get pissed at bele for allways flying the same shit..and once in a blue moon when we Do run armor T3's half our alliance is scratching there god damn heads because were all fucking nano fags. Also camping gates 24/7 doesnt really improve pilots skill.

TLDR , Fly other shit get a loki booster.

Shit/emo ragey post over. (prepares to take in the ass by an admin for being off topic)

To Find us you have to be smart.
    To Catch us you have to be quick.
    To beat us , You've got to be joking.

Did a roam last night. Corpie single-boxing Oneiros; me in Deimos. We went through Provi and Catch, seeing nothing until we happened upon Adversity. in some Assault Frigs. Like the dishonourable cowards they are, they ran, but as we followed them into Curse to complete our roam, they made a stand on the Utopia gate in Litom. Except, when I aggressed, they jumped through. :v

During that Mexican standoff, a Harbinger was watching the fight from a pounce. When the assualt frigs jumped through, he warped closer to the gate and turned towards station as I burned towards him. On the station, he let me aggress him and he was going down with relative ease. When he got to hull, I was like, "Damn this nerd; he's just gonna dock and I'll have wasted ammo." Well, although he wasn't aggressed, he never docked, so I got the killmail. He reshipped into a Drake, and along with some dude from another corp, they started to play docking games. Finally, the assortment of corps/alliances managed to get two Drakes and a Myrmidon on station. The brick-tank Drake and the Myrm aggressed, so I went for the Myrm. I was breaking through his active tank, despite a Scimitar undocking to rep him. However, I was jammed a few times by ECM drones, and that allowed him to fix his armor tank a bit and force me to rip through shields again as the Scimi repped. When he finally docked, in 50% structure, I turned to a nearby Drake. "Local spike!" warned my corpmate. I stopped aggro'ing the Drake, and I began to MWD toward the other station in system. Well, that was apparently retarded, because enemy frigs landed me and got point on me before I was out of hte Drake's point range. Suddenly, I was 30km off station, triple-webbed, with the enemy gang MWD'ing towards me. Still holding delusions of survival, I did not attack anything and slowboated to station. Remarkably, the Oneiros reps were holding. Until he, too, was jammed by ECM drones.

I lost my semi-pimped Deimos, and was greatly saddened. gfgf blobbers

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    Did a roam last night. Corpie single-boxing Oneiros; me in Deimos. We went through Provi and Catch, seeing nothing until we happened upon Adversity. in some Assault Frigs. Like the dishonourable cowards they are, they ran, but as we followed them into Curse to complete our roam, they made a stand on the Utopia gate in Litom. Except, when I aggressed, they jumped through. :v
    I thought long and hard about going for it but ultimately decided against it, on the grounds that with four assault frigs, we didn't have enough DPS to break the deimos in time even if we forced the Oneiros to crash gate and jump; he would've had plenty of time to burn back to gate, jump, and rep you back up, all while we would've been losing AF's. It was four in the morning at that point and I was already up much later than intended (had to get up for work in 3 hours), and ultimately I decided I wasn't going to derp most/all of us into chasing a kill we had a very slim chance of getting.

Also, I was tired and cranky.

It's k, maigne. I don't think you should have engaged, either, and our shenanigans made that Harb interested enough to play and die to me. But yeah, Curse needs moar mid-late USTZ. Bring your boys up, Tyrus.