hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: The Cursed Lands (Curse)

On a related topic, we just killed an Erebus, Aeon and a few assorted dreads and carriers in 504- (OK technically in Great Wildlands but you know, Curse related.)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55566461/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55566354/

https://zkillboard.com/br/81132/

Oh btw Lords, you never answered my question from last month. Who was that guy? I feel like we reminded him what he really was.
    Last edited by Malcanis; August 14 2016 at 04:01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

tl;dr NSH have been fiddling about with some low value towers close to G-0. For strategic reasons too complex for me to understand they decided to drop a titan, supercarrier and about 15 capitals on a medium tower 5 jumps from G-0, perhaps thinking we were busy in Syndicate.

Well we have been busy, but not that busy.
    I love Malcanis!

That was fun. Popped my super cherry after 5 years in hibernation.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    On a related topic, we just killed an Erebus, Aeon and a few assorted dreads and carriers in 504- (OK technically in Great Wildlands but you know, Curse related.)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55566461/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55566354/

https://zkillboard.com/br/81132/

Oh btw Lords, you never answered my question from last month. Who was that guy? I feel like we reminded him what he really was.
    What guy? Sorry, been busy with AT practice(which apparently I'm the only one taking it super srs tryhard, but w/e) and RL.

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Literally my previous post.
    I love Malcanis!

And here's the video to the hotdrop, made by Simon Kempe:

Edit: The upload has some quality issues. It's being reuploaded atm.
    Last edited by GiDiYi; August 16 2016 at 05:49:59 PM.

History repeated itself, with slightly different actors.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30000926/201609111700/
    I love Malcanis!

I woke up this morning still kind of happy from yesterday and decided and old school fight like that deserves an old school battle report:

TEST had been looking for a fight to try out a few new wrinkles in our loki fleet. Since we had worked with Lumpy some in Delve, we heard of a few important ihubs coming out in catch and decided to help even the odds somewhat. We found a pretty good wormhole right before the op, and formed up a 120 person loki fleet with 65 lokis, 20 scimitars and 10 scythes (a surprising number for us), 5 web lokis and then other assorted support.

[Area of Operations](http://i.imgur.com/rFzVPGY.jpg)

As we departed Vale we went over the situation with our pilots. Volt had 140 in fleet with 77 Dominixs and 23 armor repping legions which is an extremely powerful combination. Stain Wagon had also formed with around 150 people in a standard armor t3 fleet with 85 t3s and 20 logistics, plus they had FAX and dread support. We also had gotten word that CVA had formed and was on their way with a 60 person Nightmare fleet that had 27 Nightmares in it.

Our allies for this fight Lumpy had formed up 90 people with 55 Rattlesnakes and 10 Rep tengus plus FAX support. With all the fleets formed, Lumpy was eager to get into 1P-W before Volt could leave their staging system next door (F4R2) and cut them off. Lumpy departed while both Volt and Stain wagon were still in their staging systems and bolted for 1P-W right as TEST exited our wormhole 12 jumps away. Volt realizes what is happening and starts to warp to the 1P-W gate as Lumpy enters the system. Instead of warping to a tower, Lumpy instead warps to the F4R2 gate at 70km, setting up on gate just as Volt decides to jump in.

With both stain wagon and TEST still some 8-10 jumps out, Volt decloaks and engages lumpy as they drop 4 Minokawas into assist with logistics. Volt starts the fight out well, bagging one rattlesnake before the minokawas are able to get setup. However once the Minokawa’s engage triage, Volt is unable to break any more rattlesnakes and is forced to switch to support ships. Lumpy on the other hand has no problem scoring kills at a rapid pace, and they quickly set about removing domis from the field before any logistics from the large wing of rep legions can save them.

A few minutes in and it’s clear that Volt is losing quickly, but instead of extracting they decide to hold the grid. Stain wagon was only a few jumps away now and was at least 3 jumps closer than the TEST fleet. Volt hoped that if they could survive long enough for stain wagon to arrive and turn the tide, they might be able to eliminate lumpy before TEST can arrive. Unfortunately they underestimated how long they could hold, and by the time stain wagon arrived the Volt dominx fleet had been entirely slaughtered and was deaggroing on the gate to jump back to their staging. Seeing this stain wagon decides to stay at a perch rather than engage, and as their scouts detect the TEST fleet about to enter system and swing the numbers heavily against them, they decide to retreat into F4R2 and over to ZXIC where they are able to sit on a dockable station. TEST and Lumpy now hold the field in 1P-W, and begin making plans for the Ihub timers coming out deeper in the MB-NKE pocket.

[BR for 1P-W](http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...20&e=90&t=rvar)

With Lumpy still needing time to extract their capitals, TEST decides to pursue Stain wagon alone. We were aware that CVA was still on their way in a nightmare fleet, and Volt had not only decided to reship in F4R2 to a armor t3 fleet, but they were asking for reinforcements and their fleet was swelling with numbers. Knowing this, TEST decides to engage the larger Stain wagon t3 fleet on the ZXIC station in an effort to thin out some of their numbers before all three of the enemy fleets could join together. Stain Wagon at first avoids the engagement to buy a little time, bouncing around system. TEST follows them on every warp, and eventually catches up to them back on the ZXIC station, where Stain wagon had sneakily undocked 2 apostles and entered them into triage mode. TEST comes out of warp 20km off the stain wagon fleet and immediately begin to volley t3s. Stain wagon starts on our lokis but is unable to break reps, but they don’t hesitate and quickly switch to longer range ammo and start to eliminate our logi. Unfortunately TEST’s scimitar fit is not every strong at the moment, so we start to bleed logistics ships at a pretty fast rate. Having landed so close to the enemy t3 fleet our first anchor was quickly webbed by the enemy FC Raven, forcing us to switch anchors and preventing us for a moment from pulling range to save our logi. With us unable to save our logi, we kill as many T3s as we can and then decide to pull range and extract. Stain wagon sees us start to retreat and spreads tackle on as many lokis as they can and catch a total of 7. We were able to warp off field and leave system just as CVA nightmares were arriving, and we then went to join Lumpy who had set up in MB-NKE.

[BR for ZXIC](http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...20&e=90&t=rvar)

We told the dead scimitar and loki pilots to reship and come back through the wormhole, replacing 5 of the 7 lokis we lost but only 5 of the 13 logi. Running low on logistics, we asked Lumpy to borrow a Minokawa from them, and Atlan decided to send us Rhiload while also setting us up a titan in 1P-W to bridge our reship reinforcements who were just coming through the wormhole. Realizing that we are trying to reinforce the numbers we already had in MB-NKE, Stain wagon, volt, and CVA, fully reshipped and back at full strength, jump into WLAR and warp to MB-NKE, this time with a Volt Bomber fleet having been formed as well.

Seeing this, Lumpy and TEST setup 70km off the gate with FAXs 30km behind them hugging a cyno inhibitor. Setting up in this manner gave us at least 80km we could retreat away from the gate if Stain/Volt/CVA decided to burn at us. Wasting no time, S/V/CVA jump the gate right as TEST is bridging in their reinforcements and the fight is on. The enemy fleets decloak and begin to attempt to burn out of bubbles on the gate to reposition. However, dictor coverage is pretty good and they quickly decide it would be better to just burn at our fleets. With the cyno inhibitor up they are unable to position a cyno on our FAXs, so they light a cyno on the gate and jump 15 dreads in. However the dreads are unable to kill any FAXs early on, and with both Lumpy’s Rattlesnakes and TEST’s lokis retreating from the approaching T3 and nightmare fleets as they burned in, the battle quickly settled into a 30 minute long bloody brawl. Reps on the rattlesnakes were spotty both were mostly holding, with Volt bombers doing a good job of helping overwhelm logistics long enough to score a few rattlesnake kills every time they hit. Lumpy loses a few rattlesnakes to dread fire as well but once they pull range they are mostly able to tank. Meanwhile TEST settles in at 30km off the nearest enemy T3 fleet and goes to work on enemy proteuses and legions. For about 5 minutes the S/V/CVA fleets chase the rattlesnakes as far away from the gate as they can go, but with the minokawas stationary while in triage, both Lumpy and TEST are forced to stop their retreat and catch the enemy fleets as they charged towards them. Lumpy decides to spread slightly and stand their ground, meanwhile TEST continued to kite around the enemy t3 fleets at 30km. S/V/CVA beat on the Rattlesnakes for a little while, scoring a kill every now and then as the Lumpy FAXs struggle to consistently save 3 separate targets at a time, but are ultimately unable to gain the upper hand.

Frustrated, Stain wagon decides to switch to the TEST loki fleet, and once again Raven decides to web our anchor in an attempt to close range. This time the TEST fleet is ready, and we switch to explosive ammo and remove the Stain wagon FC from the field. To stain wagon’s credit they quickly reorganize themselves and continue fighting, but just as before they are mostly unable to kill our lokis in a consistent manner. Once again they decide to switch to our logistics and support ships, and with CVA and Volt both getting the memo to switch to the TEST fleet as well, we quickly lose essentially every hull that was not a loki. With TEST’s logistics destroyed, stain wagon moves on to shooting our lokis again, but Rhiload is still alive in his minokawa and easily saves all but one or two lokis. Realizing that they can not kill our lokis, the enemy t3 fleets then switch to Rhiload in his Minokawa, but after having just tanked 15 dreads, a few t3 fleets are nothing for his heavy tanked FAX. Bleeding T3s at a faster rate than they are able to beat the logistics of either the Rattlesnake or the loki fleet, Stain wagon knows that they can only win if they are able to escalate again, and finally begin to move towards the cyno inhibitor while continuing to primary TEST lokis. It is at this point that Rhiload’s minokawa runs out of cap boosters, and we realize that this fight is not going to last much longer. Without capacitor, we begin to lose lokis at a more standard rate, and decide to start pulling range to prepare to extract. Stain wagon finally gets into range of the cyno inhibitor and take it down, immediately lighting their cyno right in the middle of the Lumpy FAXs and dropping more dreads. At this point it is time to extract, and TEST warps off towards the sun as Lumpy engages their MWDs to leave bubbles. Knowing that we would need to get pass F4R2 if we wanted to have any shot of getting home today, TEST warped back to a perch on the grid as Lumpy continued to burn out of bubbles with all 3 enemy fleets chasing them. When the bubbles on the gate go down, TEST warps down to the ZXIC gate as Lumpy finally warps out and leaves grid. We set our destination to 1P-W and made a mad dash to get back to the safety of Curse as all 3 enemy fleets warp down to our gate and pursue. With no bubbles on our out route, we are able to get most of what remains of our fleet home safely, only losing 4 lokis in WLAR.

[BR for MB-NKE and WLAR](http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s...20&e=90&t=evvv)

This fight was an absolute classic, the best fight I’ve been in since the M-O fight in WWB. Both sides scored tons of kills, Lumpy and TEST won the overall isk war slightly but Volt was able to save all their objectives and get the win. Thanks to everyone who came yesterday and good fight.

[Rhiload's video of both fights from Minokawa perspective](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZXw...ature=youtu.be)

Nice BR.

Makes me miss Kugu.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Nice BR.

Makes me miss Kugu.
    +1 but I never read kugu. People used to post decent BRs here too and even on CAOD on EVE forums. Now it's just a vid with junk music and/or a killboard link. :<

I don't even really play now but it's nice to read a decent BR.

Because absolutely fuck all happens in Curse:

Gentlemen's.Club put a Poco of us in G-0Q86 at P2 into ref about 36 hours ago. I was eager to get a fight out of it. No one else in alliance could give a rats ass though.

I cloaked a dictor at the poco 30 minutes before it came our of ref at about 20:00 eve tonight. Then we got a Carrier of us tackled in Syndicate, because we're professionals. After that got settled the poco had been out of ref for approx 15 minutes.

Then a single Hound decloaked. I was stoked. It started to shoot the poco and I started to approach the fucker from some 50 km out. Naturally I panic pinged on corp slack. Still, nobody could be arsed. I got a fleet invite from a corp mate who happened to resub after a year plus and was ready in a huginn.

The bomber sat there idle for 15 minutes. 12 km out, I decided to go for it. I was highly professional. I decloaked, dropped bubble and activated the mwd to get withing 2km asap. The bomber had all the time in the world to hit the ab and cloak, get out of the bubble and fuck off, but he was prolly afk. So I killed him. Shortly thereafter I got contacted by alliance mates who were about 30 seconds out of killing him in a guaranteed way. They panicked when they saw how foolishly I was attempting to get tackle on him and they were sure that he was gonna get safe.

He didn't. I am elite. Grabbing a hot pocket. See you tomorrow.

I am elite

P.S. @G.Club: You moving in mates?