hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 417 of 426 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418419420 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 8512

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Anyway, not my matter. I just get the feeling that CCP isn't interested in developing this game as such.
    This is typical fhc-level bittervet sermon. I understand you've been here since 2011 basically to trade walls of text back and forth with Virtuozzo. I'd also hum along if what you're saying was actually true, however let me remind you what happened lately:

1. Abyss sites, which is unironically hard PvE incorporating a lot of stuff that would always come up in "eve PvE is dogshit" threads (varied spawns, better ai/pvp-like rat behavior, strong ewar and environmental effects to account for etc. etc.).
    A massive step-up from the shitshow we've had so far. Dudes still losing 2b Gilas + crystals to that shit, its hilarious (you get podded if you dont finish the site in time). I've also had a smallscale elitepvp/AT participant buddy come back to eve to farm those. He told me how amazing it was that his experience in smallscale piloting/decision making would now pay off in PvE.
    It is pretty much single-player so far, and PvP/ganking can be mostly evaded at the moment if done right, so thats something for (not only) bittervets to whine about for not being eve-like. I'm however cautiously optimistic that they'll expand on it.

2. new race of Triglav ships, for once nicely balanced to be very strong in certain niches, but not pre-nerf Svipul/pre-nerf Orthrus/Ishtar. Remember people spewing "gief subcaps with anti-capital role!" in capital proliferation discussions? This is it.

3. they listened to the CSM and are doing a balance pass/sweeping nerf on FAX, which (together with rorqs being retarded) is regarded as the biggest balance problem right now.

Before that they rebalanced HACs and assault frigates once again (Prom would jizz his pants) and did a minor, but very useful balance pass on battleship cargo/lock range - thats just what i remember.

I've been playing since 2010 and i'm pretty sure there were times where CCP would put way less dev effort into eve.

I'm also pretty sure that at this point no matter what CCP does the potential for playerbase growth is very limited, so obviously putting absolutely massive ressources into eve (say, do a complete/partial rewrite, so bloc-level fights scale better) isnt sensible from a business standpoint.
    To be fair, when I read about Abysmal space, was tempted.

For a second.

And then I remembered the massive time investment, the spreadsheets, the pull-down menus, the grind, and all the ship-spinning you have to do to get anywhere (unless you pay I suppose).

Has any of that changed ... really?

Because I don't think so. And I just have neither the time, nor the patience to go through all that again.

(and I've been a bitter vet for much longer than 2011, BTW. I remember Derek.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

You dont really answer my question though.

My point is - imagine some miracle happens and CCP pulls "eve 2" out of their ass.
    All legacy code problems solved, 3000 people fighting on one grid without tidi.

Imagine they also implement whatever hype features players want/call for - cant think of much at the moment, lets use "lowsec gate to stain" as a placeholder.

Do you think that will make eve grow significantly?

I honestly dont think so.
    I agree with you on that, BTW.

EVE is just too niche. And MMORPGs are old-hat these days. It's hard to pull in players for all MMORPGs these days, let alone keep them playing for months and years. Especially with the others on offer offering far more instant gratification.

The idea that there is one (or even several) thing(s) (say PvP arenas?) CCP can do to bring in 30k+ real active players for anything longer than a couple of weeks (if that) is just ludicrous.

The best they can hope for is to stabilise the numbers they've still got.

I don't get the impression they're managing even that though.

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Any PvE changes that have been made are about 4 years too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Any game changes that have been made are about 4 years too late.
    FYP

CCP rode the wave ... then fell off ... and jumped the shark ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Anyway, not my matter. I just get the feeling that CCP isn't interested in developing this game as such.

I've been playing since 2010 and i'm pretty sure there were times where CCP would put way less dev effort into eve.
    lol fucking pubbie

Serenity, Chinese server, is closing september 10.
    Not 100% sure on this tho. Some Director told me yesterday.
    There are a lot of Chinese allready at tq server. Mainly in fraternety. They are actually not bad.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Long Live Much Crying Old Experts

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    There are a lot of Chinese allready at tq server. Mainly in fraternety. They are actually not bad.

Serenity is shutting, getting packaged for handover to new publisher / new format.

Somewhat funny, guy from Winter Coalition was linking the TQ devblog in a local, followed by "Winter is Coming" .....
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Western company sets up in China in association with a Chinese company.
    Farms Chinese coin for short-period.
    Is surprised when Communist China begins to steal everything not nailed down.
    Company leaves China and shuts down operations.
    Chinese company/new Chinese company begins to sell exactly the same thing as western company under a new name.
    Vee Online launches.

Same thing happened with Warframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    The last fanfest a lot of CCPians commented on the distinctions between pre-F2P and post-F2P player types, with the caveat of how behaviour is a contaminant. So it bleeds over, but not all the way. We'll always have the senior citizen type who has different triggers than post-F2P, but gradually things mingle, mix but even then there's still distinctions between types.
    Perceived or assumed? You have spoken at great length on many occasions about CCP's willingness to assume things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    The last fanfest a lot of CCPians commented on the distinctions between pre-F2P and post-F2P player types, with the caveat of how behaviour is a contaminant. So it bleeds over, but not all the way. We'll always have the senior citizen type who has different triggers than post-F2P, but gradually things mingle, mix but even then there's still distinctions between types.
    Perceived or assumed? You have spoken at great length on many occasions about CCP's willingness to assume things.
    Neither, observed and tracked. Data mining that one actually. Traits, selections, path choices, etc. Probably sounds odd, considering CCP in early years, but they've come a long way in tracking things. Which really makes sense, as it's become much more important over time. During EVE's first or second, not sure, fanfest, it was so painful it was hilarious. They had no idea how career choices mattered, and no metrics on it beyond data soup without markers. Look on the bright side, CCP plays spreadsheets too ..

With the advent of F2P they went a lot deeper into the psychology of things as well. No couch, carefully, but in a measured manner.

What is done with all the information is always another matter. No organisation is immune to the left/right hand syndrome. And no business is immune to preconceptions, or one level having to execute tasks without complete background data, but just provided objectives.

I know, it might sound surprising, but in these matters CCP have improved a lot. By no means are they at a level of microtargetting or scope projections, but it has improved a lot.

Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Western company sets up in China in association with a Chinese company.
    Farms Chinese coin for short-period.
    Is surprised when Communist China begins to steal everything not nailed down.
    Company leaves China and shuts down operations.
    Chinese company/new Chinese company begins to sell exactly the same thing as western company under a new name.
    Vee Online launches.

Same thing happened with Warframe.
    CCP have managed to avoid that trap, mostly by means of that 2 year grace periode after saying "fuck you". It's gotten Tiancheng a lot of extra's. Also, it is an industry which still falls outside of a great many commercial/political perspectives there, and in terms of tech transfer there's virtually nothing of value really.

As I understand it, CCP's still continuing with post-handover planning. IF I remember correctly tied in with that whole project galaxy thing.

To be honest, I'm more interested in whether or not there really will be a migration towards TQ. I'm not sure there will be a wave, beyond what is already here.

X47 NC. HQ under attack, second timer today.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

No cyno jammer to foil goonie plans, should be a massive lag fest

Minor correction: September 30th, not September 10th.

Meanwhile CCP hasn't yet announced when it will be brought back online with their new partner. But for their own sake, I'm expecting it to be a relatively quick handover.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post

Minor correction: September 30th, not September 10th.

Meanwhile CCP hasn't yet announced when it will be brought back online with their new partner. But for their own sake, I'm expecting it to be a relatively quick handover.

October. There's a release conference / announcement in a few days.

Ccp just gave a surprising mea culpa about the server issues of late.

250k free skillpoints for the ones who suffered it seems.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Massive fight in x47. No fighters so its ok. 4 goon Titans dead so far.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Banned
    They're going at it properly 13:8 lost titans so far with NC. being in the lead for now!

I hope the node doesnt crash and they keep going at it until downtime. Should be loads of kills

Personally I really like the fact that FAX reps arent doing shit in this fight

titans just get volleyed off field including the max tanked faction one https://zkillboard.com/kill/71597946/
    Last edited by Smarnca; August 1 2018 at 09:14:59 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Massive discconect all the Time. I cant log back in. 19 goon Titans and 2 supers Vendetta, 14 panncfam and 1 vanquisher. Plus a bunch of dreads but who cares about dreads (or fax).
    Ualx Battle was more playable than this.

e:
    updated at midnight gmt
    Last edited by Sacul; August 1 2018 at 11:49:14 PM.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.