hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 381 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

I do wonder how far goons/mittens can take it.

These last couple of years goons have gotten more and more out of game. This isn't all that strange considering SA. But different.

Like the involvement with smedly and that zombie game.

Quite uniquely you have this rather huge group of ppl, with a command structure and supporting groups most prominently IT infrastructure and systems. All born from a video game essentially, and they increasingly start to do out of game projects.

I wonder if it doesn't collapse what it will become 10 years from now. A huge group of ppl not bound by location or social status or really anything beyond originally playing eve.

I mean sure the majority of goons aren't as invested as say mittens or that Java dude. But they could probably raise a decent amount of money for projects and among their members they probably have fairly decent expertise on a big number of subjects.

So really anything that doesn't require a huge amount of money but does require Admin and some knowledge is like well withing reach.

For now it's apparently publishing a book.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    what i don't get is why this story is any more interesting than ~40k cfc invaded ~4k test already on its knees with token help from ~2.5k ncdot, ~2.5k PL and ~2k BL. Spies spied, blobbers blobbed, whiners whined.
    We had some really cool rights with goons while test went afk and refused to fight. Progods goku purifiers were always a good laugh and there were some really fun talwar/harpy/wolf fights. Archie's cynabal fleets were pretty baller too.

As a 'war' it was shit though.
    Was it an incredible, passionately emergent shit that left a rich stain on a long tapestry though?

I had a kebab like that once.

Now you can have mitten's propaganda jizzed in your face from the convenience of your own kindle. I think this is what has annoyed me more and more over the years about the goons (leadership specifically). This shameless self congratulatory narrative that reeks of insecurity and a desperation to self validate. Sure every group spews shit, but goons manage to shove a bunch of glitter up their asses before they do it.
    "Last night I saw upon the stair
    A little man who wasn’t there
    He wasn’t there again today
    Oh, how I wish he’d go away"

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    So he's already whitewashing history
    In the strictest sense? Yes. But I can hardly blame someone for wanting to avoid a profane name.
    You can blame them instead for wanting to write "a history of the Fountain War" and then immediately turning around saying "actually, it's going to be from the fictional point of view of some of the battles that took place." Because that just reeks of bullshit. Why even make it revolve around Eve at that point? If you're going to be making fiction about a relatively recent war with the people in game that you can still talk to in order to get their version of the events, and then ducking any sort of responsibility for it, that's just hideously shameful. This will not be The History of the Fountain War, it's going to be Goon propaganda.

Honestly, they should really just title it How 35k people slammed their bodies into a wall until it toppled over with the weight of their corpses and then N3 and PL went home for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by roigon View Post
    I do wonder how far goons/mittens can take it.

These last couple of years goons have gotten more and more out of game. This isn't all that strange considering SA. But different.

Like the involvement with smedly and that zombie game.

Quite uniquely you have this rather huge group of ppl, with a command structure and supporting groups most prominently IT infrastructure and systems. All born from a video game essentially, and they increasingly start to do out of game projects.

I wonder if it doesn't collapse what it will become 10 years from now. A huge group of ppl not bound by location or social status or really anything beyond originally playing eve.

I mean sure the majority of goons aren't as invested as say mittens or that Java dude. But they could probably raise a decent amount of money for projects and among their members they probably have fairly decent expertise on a big number of subjects.

So really anything that doesn't require a huge amount of money but does require Admin and some knowledge is like well withing reach.

For now it's apparently publishing a book.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    Goonswarm isnt an eve thing i think, from what ive read they were a group of toxic people playing together as a whole joining mmorpgs back in the day with the only intent of being as dickish and rude as possible and trying to break the game. They just stuck to eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

"We had a graphic novel written about us!!!"

Shit you not. Said to my face during my time on TMC. *shivers*

So cringy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    what i don't get is why this story is any more interesting than ~40k cfc invaded ~4k test already on its knees with token help from ~2.5k ncdot, ~2.5k PL and ~2k BL. Spies spied, blobbers blobbed, whiners whined.
    We had some really cool rights with goons while test went afk and refused to fight. Progods goku purifiers were always a good laugh and there were some really fun talwar/harpy/wolf fights. Archie's cynabal fleets were pretty baller too.

Was it an incredible, passionately emergent shit that left a rich stain on a long tapestry though?

The Halloween war was much better, but I suppose it didn't happen long enough ago for goons to attempt a complete history rewrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

The Halloween war was much better, but I suppose it didn't happen long enough ago for goons to attempt a complete history rewrite.
    It would be something like this:

"Haha I can pwning of elite peeveepee alliances B-R best day of life! smugsmugsmug"

And after N3/PL flushed out the south...

"Haha I am not of wantings to win war for real! was only honarabble 3 parties! trick is on yuo! ^.^"

When has the cfc crossed from "wow, this group of players love their game so much that they even write fanfiction about it and want to publish it, even if i dont like it personally someone that likes the game so much to do stuff like that is great" to "hurr durr tryhards, only do bad stuff, lets be mean".

I have no part in this, never had but the absolute disdain from the community to anything goonswarm related seems grossly unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    When has the cfc crossed from "wow, this group of players love their game so much that they even write fanfiction about it and want to publish it, even if i dont like it personally someone that likes the game so much to do stuff like that is great" to "hurr durr tryhards, only do bad stuff, lets be mean".

I have no part in this, never had but the absolute disdain from the community to anything goonswarm related seems grossly unfair.
    Because there absolute TRASH people, turds and utter scum to one and all, responsible for essential destroying eve asv iyt is, why they should get any sympathetic... in this position they would drive you out, try to hurt you as much as they can, then laughb about it...oh then write a book fill of lies about it...they are completed poison to eve and its be better if they just f****** go away forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_PBIS View Post

Because there absolute TRASH people, turds and utter scum to one and all, responsible for essential destroying eve asv iyt is, why they should get any sympathetic... in this position they would drive you out, try to hurt you as much as they can, then laughb about it...oh then write a book fill of lies about it...they are completed poison to eve and its be better if they just f****** go away forever.
    I admire your...gusto should we say.

I have a very simple system. I see a sand castle...i want to kick it. The bigger the sand castle, the more I want to kick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post

I have a very simple system. I see a sand castle...i want to kick it. The bigger the sand castle, the more I want to kick it.
    Then your either a idiot, or think nothing about what your doing to favour of just going for attention...ii personal don't respect that at all, I have complete disgust for such person. It's nothing at all to do with size...this is about the peeps Inc
    Volved which in the cfc case are cockroachers of the absolute type, there is no value to them, eve would. Be much better if community make it clear there not welcome in it, but we have this peeps that arent better who just want to touch its bells at the big thing as yourself is probably the large single reason why nothing happens...

I struggle to understand why you care so much.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I don't like the cfc or what they've don't to eve...its a game that use go be healthy and in a lot of ways very positive and as a result of cfc it has become very poisonous and fundamental on verge of collapsing

Well the solution to cancer... burn it out, or remove the effect part...

I don't like the cfc or what they've don't to eve...its a game that use go be healthy and in a lot of ways very positive and as a result of cfc it has become very poisonous and fundamental on verge of collapsing

Well the solution to cancer... burn it out, or remove the effect part...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post

Hahahaha dear god ... that's exactly the problem I eluded to in my previous post. It's neither true nor strictly false, but certainly revisionist.

With mittens being involved with funding this new book it becomes much more incestuous. It's not unlike a company starting a local "environmental business award" organisation, asking its employees for a donation to fund an amazing award ceremony party, hiring an external VIP to host it and then awarding itself for being very environmental so everybody in the company can feel good about themselves.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post

Hahahaha dear god ... that's exactly the problem I eluded to in my previous post. It's neither true nor strictly false, but certainly revisionist.

With mittens being involved with funding this new book it becomes much more incestuous. It's not unlike a company starting a local "environmental business award" organisation, asking its employees for a donation to fund an amazing award ceremony party, hiring an external VIP to host it and then awarding itself for being very environmental so everybody in the company can feel good about themselves.
    I like this analogy

have the conspiracy people started the rumours that the kickstarter backer rewards are a cover scheme for RMT of isk/ships yet?

or has that still to come ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post

Then your either a idiot, or think nothing about what your doing to favour of just going for attention...ii personal don't respect that at all, I have complete disgust for such person. It's nothing at all to do with size...this is about the peeps Inc
    Volved which in the cfc case are cockroachers of the absolute type, there is no value to them, eve would. Be much better if community make it clear there not welcome in it, but we have this peeps that arent better who just want to touch its bells at the big thing as yourself is probably the large single reason why nothing happens...
    Wow you're retarded. You realize your autistic approach to the situation actually helps the cfc more than anything right? You look like a total fucking fool spouting that sort of shit and it plays right into cfc propaganda. Put the chalga and turbofolk down bre.