hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 351 of 351 FirstFirst ... 251301341348349350351
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7020

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

  1. #7001
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So I think this subforum is dying because of Kugutsumen being rebooted
    Its dying because of all the bitter fucks
    This.

    I've given up trying to post EVE news and have real discussions. It isn't worth it. Barely anyone else actually tries to have a meaningful discussion. Instead it's just a giant contest to see who can be the shittier poster.
    >implying that was ever any different on any other community site
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  2. #7002
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So I think this subforum is dying because of Kugutsumen being rebooted
    Its dying because of all the bitter fucks
    This.

    I've given up trying to post EVE news and have real discussions. It isn't worth it. Barely anyone else actually tries to have a meaningful discussion. Instead it's just a giant contest to see who can be the shittier poster.
    >implying that was ever any different on any other community site
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    But afaik even then no one really cared about the "news", this war here, this war there - no one really cared. It was mechanics, piloting, fits, fcing, doctrines and so on that got discussed. Not the so called wars within eve.

    And if events happened they were worth discussing, like the first titan. Or the nanonerf.


    But back then new mechanics, ship classes, space and similar got added to the game regularly. Eve is pretty much the same it was 6 years ago, some more variation, fw being useable and so on. But no drastic changes at all. The game has stood still for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  3. #7003

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    But back then new mechanics, ship classes, space and similar got added to the game regularly. Eve is pretty much the same it was 6 years ago, some more variation, fw being useable and so on. But no drastic changes at all. The game has stood still for years.
    I was going to say "but w-space!" but then I remembered it was 7 years ago. I'm still hoping they roll out with some awesome meta-breaking stuff with player built stargates and maybe finally opening up Jove space but something big is probably not gonna happen until at least 2019-20 at this point.

  4. #7004
    Moderator Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So I think this subforum is dying because of Kugutsumen being rebooted
    Its dying because of all the bitter fucks
    This.

    I've given up trying to post EVE news and have real discussions. It isn't worth it. Barely anyone else actually tries to have a meaningful discussion. Instead it's just a giant contest to see who can be the shittier poster.
    >implying that was ever any different on any other community site
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    Yup.

    And it actually still is. Which says a lot about the state of EVE-O forums. And the other few remaining little hubs.


    Reminds me of Star Trek Online's issues with growth/community/messaging. You can add new things and polish shit up, but if it's rehashing stories increasingly towards those already at the campfire (as opposed to creating new ones and pushing them in the face of peeps outside) there's an interesting underlying challenge one has to deal with.

    It's the one thing I missed from the Alpha opportunities CCP created: no new shit to talk about. But hey, kinda logical when the world view is mechanical and not behavioural cause the milk has to be sold for that London condo :P
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  5. #7005

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Pandemic Legion
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    But afaik even then no one really cared about the "news", this war here, this war there - no one really cared. It was mechanics, piloting, fits, fcing, doctrines and so on that got discussed. Not the so called wars within eve.

    And if events happened they were worth discussing, like the first titan. Or the nanonerf.


    But back then new mechanics, ship classes, space and similar got added to the game regularly. Eve is pretty much the same it was 6 years ago, some more variation, fw being useable and so on. But no drastic changes at all. The game has stood still for years.
    The combination of SHC and old kugu was brilliant back in the day. IMHO reddit killed any hope of a good EVE forum since it pulled all the traffic, but can't remotely fill the same role due to the culture and technical implementation.

    I don't know what new kugu is trying to be just yet. So far it looks a bit like that thing pizza used to run that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. Could be that I'm just getting old and not being down with the hip memes and edgelords, but back in my day the trolls were true gentlemen and scholars compared to the kids today. Also the content isn't really there either.

  6. #7006
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    11,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    But back then new mechanics, ship classes, space and similar got added to the game regularly. Eve is pretty much the same it was 6 years ago, some more variation, fw being useable and so on. But no drastic changes at all. The game has stood still for years.
    I was going to say "but w-space!" but then I remembered it was 7 years ago. I'm still hoping they roll out with some awesome meta-breaking stuff with player built stargates and maybe finally opening up Jove space but something big is probably not gonna happen until at least 2019-20 at this point.
    Even w-space (and T3) seemed like a long awaited drastic change at the time.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  7. #7007
    Moderator Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    but back in my day the trolls were true gentlemen and scholars compared to the kids today.
    You're getting old. Changes perspective, past always better & all that. Memory is not reality, etc.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  8. #7008
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,536
    The most active forum here were the ship fit forums for small scale/soloing. When I was new to eve this was a pretty incredible source for me to not have shit fits while flying ishkurs in syndicate.

    The war&politics section was always dead and if it wasn't it was full of badposting sperges. This is what I meant, there are no good discussions about eve because nobody can see past his own perspective. Calling the otherside blobber or cowards is much easier than finding your own faults v0v
    Last edited by Fara; April 23 2017 at 04:16:11 PM.

  9. #7009
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    The most active forum here were the ship fit forums for small scale/soloing. When I was new to eve this was a pretty incredible source for me to not have shit fits while flying ishkurs in syndicate.

    The war&politics section was always dead and if it wasn't it was full of badposting sperges. This is what I meant, there are no good discussions about eve because nobody can see past his own perspective. Calling the otherside blobber or cowards is much easier than finding your own faults v0v
    War and politics was never that good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  10. #7010
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,666
    War and politics wasnt bad as such, but i never really saw the point of endless AARs and similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  11. #7011
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So I think this subforum is dying because of Kugutsumen being rebooted
    Its dying because of all the bitter fucks
    This.

    I've given up trying to post EVE news and have real discussions. It isn't worth it. Barely anyone else actually tries to have a meaningful discussion. Instead it's just a giant contest to see who can be the shittier poster.
    >implying that was ever any different on any other community site
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    Yup.

    And it actually still is.
    lolnope
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  12. #7012
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So I think this subforum is dying because of Kugutsumen being rebooted
    Its dying because of all the bitter fucks
    This.

    I've given up trying to post EVE news and have real discussions. It isn't worth it. Barely anyone else actually tries to have a meaningful discussion. Instead it's just a giant contest to see who can be the shittier poster.
    >implying that was ever any different on any other community site
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    Yup.

    And it actually still is.
    lolnope
    True enough, the only "active" eve forum there is that actually talks about eve are the offical forums, ships and modules and warfare and tactics to be precise. Reddit is meaningless drivel and shitposting (but pathetic shitposting), the eve section on FHC is dead, the eveger and everus and similar forums are dead as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  13. #7013

    Join Date
    December 29, 2011
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So I think this subforum is dying because of Kugutsumen being rebooted
    Its dying because of all the bitter fucks
    This.

    I've given up trying to post EVE news and have real discussions. It isn't worth it. Barely anyone else actually tries to have a meaningful discussion. Instead it's just a giant contest to see who can be the shittier poster.
    >implying that was ever any different on any other community site
    Make no mistake, this site was a lot more active and had a lot more relevance a few years ago when people were actually discussing EVE. And back in the heyday of SHC, we were the premiere EVE discussion site, even better than the EVE-O forums since the post quality here was higher.
    Yup.

    And it actually still is.
    lolnope
    True enough, the only "active" eve forum there is that actually talks about eve are the offical forums, ships and modules and warfare and tactics to be precise. Reddit is meaningless drivel and shitposting (but pathetic shitposting), the eve section on FHC is dead, the eveger and everus and similar forums are dead as well.
    Come on it's not that dead, there is ton of bot thread in the tornament section!

  14. #7014
    CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Location
    Matari Exodus
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    War and politics wasnt bad as such, but i never really saw the point of endless AARs and similar.
    I enjoyed reading AAR's and peoples updates on regional wars/conflicts etc. Garsts posts I pretty much always read. I remember some drama from a guy posting about providence that was fucking great to read. Faction War and lowsec stuff was always worth a read up until about 2-3 years or something. Even though I have never been involved in that mass scale part of EVE I always enjoyed reading about it. Then again I always enjoyed reading battle reports in White Dwarf so what do I know. . .

  15. #7015
    Donor Bam Stroker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9, 2013
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    568
    I came here when I first started living in null and began PvPing. This was the place where all the Syndicate residents at the time used to hang out so it was a good way for me to find out about the local politics and chill with my neighbours.

    Even though it's a lot quieter now I still like coming here because as others have pointed out Reddit is kind of a shitfest (albeit one that I love) and since it's the the same handful of spacenerds here you don't have to check it 3 times a day lest your post gets buried or the conversation moved on without you (which happens a lot living on my side of the planet because while I'm sleep everyone else is awake and shitposting like maniacs).
    EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ
    In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter // Facebook // www.evedownunder.com

  16. #7016

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    True enough, the only "active" eve forum there is that actually talks about eve are the offical forums, ships and modules and warfare and tactics to be precise. Reddit is meaningless drivel and shitposting (but pathetic shitposting), the eve section on FHC is dead, the eveger and everus and similar forums are dead as well.
    You have to filter tons of trash to find nuggets of useful info on reddit, just like you used to on kugu or CAOD. At least active players post there. Whereas here probably less than 10 posters are even subbed and every discussion boils down to "playing eve in current_year, l0l".

    Eveger is pretty dead, yeah
    Eve-ru is still p. active though and still (unsurprisingly) the goto place to get a scoop on the russian side of eve politics.
    Last edited by n0th; April 27 2017 at 07:42:10 AM.

  17. #7017
    CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Location
    Matari Exodus
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    True enough, the only "active" eve forum there is that actually talks about eve are the offical forums, ships and modules and warfare and tactics to be precise. Reddit is meaningless drivel and shitposting (but pathetic shitposting), the eve section on FHC is dead, the eveger and everus and similar forums are dead as well.
    You have to filter tons of trash to find nuggets of useful info on reddit, just like you used to on kugu or CAOD. At least active players post there. Whereas here probably less than 10 posters are even subbed and every discussion boils down to "playing eve in current_year, l0l".

    Eveger is pretty dead, yeah
    Eve-ru is still p. active though and still (unsurprisingly) the goto place to get a scoop on the russian side of eve politics.
    Does it come with English subtitles? I love me some Russian drama.

  18. #7018
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    True enough, the only "active" eve forum there is that actually talks about eve are the offical forums, ships and modules and warfare and tactics to be precise. Reddit is meaningless drivel and shitposting (but pathetic shitposting), the eve section on FHC is dead, the eveger and everus and similar forums are dead as well.
    You have to filter tons of trash to find nuggets of useful info on reddit, just like you used to on kugu or CAOD. At least active players post there. Whereas here probably less than 10 posters are even subbed and every discussion boils down to "playing eve in current_year, l0l".

    Eveger is pretty dead, yeah
    Eve-ru is still p. active though and still (unsurprisingly) the goto place to get a scoop on the russian side of eve politics.
    Does it come with English subtitles? I love me some Russian drama.
    with google translate you can get the idea, but honestly its not much different from here. People blame each other in turns for being allies with goons or PL (because allying with non russians to fight other russians is worse than hitler). Then its a lot about who has bigger balls and who gives less fucks.
    Last edited by Fara; April 27 2017 at 09:31:01 AM.

  19. #7019
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    True enough, the only "active" eve forum there is that actually talks about eve are the offical forums, ships and modules and warfare and tactics to be precise. Reddit is meaningless drivel and shitposting (but pathetic shitposting), the eve section on FHC is dead, the eveger and everus and similar forums are dead as well.
    You have to filter tons of trash to find nuggets of useful info on reddit, just like you used to on kugu or CAOD. At least active players post there. Whereas here probably less than 10 posters are even subbed and every discussion boils down to "playing eve in current_year, l0l".

    Eveger is pretty dead, yeah
    Eve-ru is still p. active though and still (unsurprisingly) the goto place to get a scoop on the russian side of eve politics.
    I'm subbed because CCP steals money off my PayPal every month and I dont know how to turn it off

    And it does it for three separate accounts too
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

  20. #7020
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

    I'm subbed because CCP steals money off my PayPal every month and I dont know how to turn it off

    And it does it for three separate accounts too
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •