hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 376 of 376 FirstFirst ... 276326366373374375376
Results 7,501 to 7,516 of 7516

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Best announce and flounce 2k17 tbh.

We aint got nothing on goons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    So apparently a goon was supposed to move a another goon's rorqual. Said goon gets the rorqual and has internet issues and doesn't log on for two hours. Rorqual owner says he stole it. Goon that can't log in is kicked out of goons, gets upset and goes on Twitch. Downs a bunch of pills for everyone on the stream to watch him commit suicide. CCP is contacted as well as Twitch. Stream is blocked. GM's try to convo the goon. Reddit thread is exploding. Some initiative guy is saying it's justice served for taking the rorqual. Goon pings going out to shoot him on sight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...on_eve_stream/

After almost an hour of bad PR, he is kicked from the alliance.

I guess it's the whole anonymity thing of being on the internet. Saddening to see so many people be so hateful. I don't know what the obsession the topic of suicide is with EVE players. I've played a lot of online games for a very long time, but this community is something else. The amount of vile hate people have in this game is disturbing. It's just pixels for fucks sake. I don't understand.
    The story has a happy ending. CCP was able to contact the local police, and they were able to find the guy and get him the help he needed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...unity_and_ccp/
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    So apparently a goon was supposed to move a another goon's rorqual. Said goon gets the rorqual and has internet issues and doesn't log on for two hours. Rorqual owner says he stole it. Goon that can't log in is kicked out of goons, gets upset and goes on Twitch. Downs a bunch of pills for everyone on the stream to watch him commit suicide. CCP is contacted as well as Twitch. Stream is blocked. GM's try to convo the goon. Reddit thread is exploding. Some initiative guy is saying it's justice served for taking the rorqual. Goon pings going out to shoot him on sight.

I guess it's the whole anonymity thing of being on the internet. Saddening to see so many people be so hateful. I don't know what the obsession the topic of suicide is with EVE players. I've played a lot of online games for a very long time, but this community is something else. The amount of vile hate people have in this game is disturbing. It's just pixels for fucks sake. I don't understand.
    The story has a happy ending. CCP was able to contact the local police, and they were able to find the guy and get him the help he needed.

Nice.

Wouldn't call any ending to a suicide attempt as a happy, but at least it wasn't a dead body. Now is when the real struggle begins with his illness.

Worst announce and flounce since The Contemporary Poster
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Wonder how many nerds play eve because they are lonely or become lonely because they play eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Wonder how many nerds play eve because they are lonely or become lonely because they play eve.
    The amount of players with mental issues was quite high back when I used to play, even had one alliance mate in our smallish finnish alliance commit suicide. I think it is both, a cure for loneliness and some sense of purpose, but then again also a game filled by cruel people out to make everyone miserable.

A lot of eve players are socially retarded nerds who are thrust into a competitive environment (completely alien to many of them) with few boundaries. The social retardation makes depression more likely, the competitive environment makes them more likely to be exploited, the inexperience with competitive environments is partly why they're socially retarded, and the lack of boundaries removes safety nets they are most used to.

Add in a fairly normal distribution of mental health problems on top of this and you have a perfect storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A lot of eve players are socially retarded nerds who are thrust into a competitive environment (completely alien to many of them) with few boundaries. The social retardation makes depression more likely, the competitive environment makes them more likely to be exploited, the inexperience with competitive environments is partly why they're socially retarded, and the lack of boundaries removes safety nets they are most used to.

Add in a fairly normal distribution of mental health problems on top of this and you have a perfect storm.
    I remember it being very important to me that someone in my corp kept my skill queue updated when i was sectioned under the mental health act

I do think you guys are overestimating matters a tad. You'd be surprised how many people you meet in day-to-day life have issues as well, but they keep them hidden so that you'd never know.

I don't disagree however that EVE has a larger share than the general population. And that, I think, is going to be true for most online games and communities. It's a solo activity, and yet it's not. And you can at least try to be anyone you want.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I do think you guys are overestimating matters a tad. You'd be surprised how many people you meet in day-to-day life have issues as well, but they keep them hidden so that you'd never know.

I don't disagree however that EVE has a larger share than the general population. And that, I think, is going to be true for most online games and communities. It's a solo activity, and yet it's not. And you can at least try to be anyone you want.
    I don't think I'm overestimating it, I just think Eve players are more likely to be driven to extremes and the nature of the community means you hear about it/pay attention more.

When the only way to win is to make your opponent stop playing you tend to get toxic behavior... wonder why

Fuck sake gents.

We may be the most internally repressed, selfish, autistic, desperate, trolling, introvert (and yet strangely extrovert when on comms) group of pixel nerds but we ARE a bit of a family. No other fucking idiots would play this game like its intellectual crack for as long as we do and not get a bit weird. No matter how dysfunctional and fucked up we are (and we do tend to push the boundaries), we look out for (although not look after) our own.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Fuck sake gents.

We may be the most internally repressed, selfish, autistic, desperate, trolling, introvert (and yet strangely extrovert when on comms) group of pixel nerds but we ARE a bit of a family. No other fucking idiots would play this game like its intellectual crack for as long as we do and not get a bit weird. No matter how dysfunctional and fucked up we are (and we do tend to push the boundaries), we look out for (although not look after) our own.
    >we

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar

More a case of visibility among the sheep. You don't talk about the sheep, but about the guy who does the sheep. Ergo, one is more visible than the other. In a closed dynamic that's even more the case. How else did the Irish get such a quaint reputation.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Fuck sake gents.

So it's all just incest hmkay.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna