hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 374 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

The Shitposting Thread

At one point this thread was about a book. Now it's about people attacking other people. I don't even know why I bother.

---

TheMittani.com is Kickstarting Their Own EVE History Book?

https://www.themittani.com/news/them...arter-campaign

I, uh, don't even know what to say about this. Other than that someone apparently has book envy and that I have a bad feeling about this...

TheMittani.com in partnership with CCP and best selling author Jeff Edwards is proud to announce that we'll be bringing you the incredible story of the Fountain War. Our kickstarter will fund a first of its kind book where an established author brings to life our story--the whole story--to immortalize and celebrate this moment of emergent player narrative.

The Fountain War has everything that makes a great story. Great personalities, betrayal, subterfuge, near losses, hard fought victories. Best of all, it's a part of the long tapestry of EVE's long history, the story of what really happened in our turbulent virtual world of New Eden.

My use of the word "our" is inclusive of the entire EVE community. As Goonswarm's Chief of Staff and Lead Diplomat, and even as a two-term member of the CSM, I'm well acquainted with 'grr goons sentiment.' But while this particular story does involve us, it is not Goonswarm's Story. It is the story of mighty space empires, their allies, their enemies, and everthing that led to the eventual culmination of the headline-making final stand at 6VDT. It is a story I'm excited to see told in fullness, and a momentuous event in our shared history that deserves to be preserved with all the gravity Jeff has promised to treat it.

To that end, we will provide more information on how you can send your story directly to Jeff, either in narrative form or primary source logs, forum posts, recordings, or anything else that you think deserves a place in the narrative. Jeff will sift through all of the material, interview key figures, and bring his trademark analytical abilities to bear to turn all of these fragments into a complete work. More details will follow on exactly how this will work in the coming days.

Here on TheMittani.com we'll reveal our backer rewards, publish preview snippets of the book, host special streams, and have special video content for you to enjoy. Stay tuned for more announcements.

I'm excited, which, for those of you have have had the misfortune of meeting me, you'll know is not an emotion I come by easily. The prospect of having an author of Jeff's calibre writing the story of the very real people who inhabit our game breaks even me out of my usual deadpan.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to your support when the kickstarter goes live on November 3rd!
    Edit: Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ntain-war-book
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; November 22 2015 at 10:05:11 PM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

LooooooooooooooooL

:tappin dat talk:
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

what i don't get is why this story is any more interesting than ~40k cfc invaded ~4k test already on its knees with token help from ~2.5k ncdot, ~2.5k PL and ~2k BL. Spies spied, blobbers blobbed, whiners whined.

Pledge 80$ and get a H1Z1 Coupon ontop of the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    what i don't get is why this story is any more interesting than ~40k cfc invaded ~4k test already on its knees with token help from ~2.5k ncdot, ~2.5k PL and ~2k BL. Spies spied, blobbers blobbed, whiners whined.
    We had some really cool rights with goons while test went afk and refused to fight. Progods goku purifiers were always a good laugh and there were some really fun talwar/harpy/wolf fights. Archie's cynabal fleets were pretty baller too.

As a 'war' it was shit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    You actually think the king of historical revisionism is going to just stick to the facts? I've seen it first hand. Make no mistake, this is going to be a work of fiction.

That said, I do find it amusing how he has reached this cult like leadership status, where he is able to siphon money out of morons to fund these things - no questions asked. Now that is book worthy.

hahah no questions asked

OK right

Not even a penny.

WOW where do i sign up for this! where can i get in on this? wow looks super!
    psycho freak > BBC fleet

It's going to be a fictional account, it would seem.

just to clarify, this is a work of fiction and will be based around fights that happened, not "the imperium vs test"
    https://twitter.com/themittanicom/st...18634173870080

So I guess this qualifies as fan fiction at this point?

I have nothing against the Goons, but the more I read about this the weirder it gets. And the fact that it has been announced before Andrew's history book has even shipped leaves me slightly off-put.
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; October 24 2015 at 08:08:53 PM.

It does seem rather weird.

I know there was this story based on BoB vs everything that was totally botched. It was neither interesting as a historical thing because it was a total distortion of the truth, nor interesting as total fiction because it was too much based on actual events to have an appeal without creating huge controversy about how it distorted the truth.

This seems to be more of the same, but now sponsored by an identifiable player group in game. Even without actual bias, it would reek of it anyway. Fan fiction based on the EVE universe is fine, but as soon as it goes anywhere near to player-created history or player groups, it becomes problematic as far as universal appeal. That means anything funded by mittens propaganda site is already in trouble from the start.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post

just to clarify, this is a work of fiction and will be based around fights that happened, not "the imperium vs test"

I have nothing against the Goons, but the more I read about this the weirder it gets. And the fact that it has been announced before Andrew's history book has even shipped leaves me slightly off-put.
    Why is he saying The Imperium vs Test?

It was the Clusterfuck Coalition.

It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post

Why is he saying The Imperium vs Test?

It was the Clusterfuck Coalition.
    I'm assuming because there are obvious issues with using that name in a book meant for all-ages. There's a reason we rarely spell out CFC... Having profanity in a name like that is to the benefit of no one when you're trying to sell a book.

So he's already whitewashing history

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So he's already whitewashing history
    In the strictest sense? Yes. But I can hardly blame someone for wanting to avoid a profane name.

History is and always has been written by the victors.

Although they usually didn't have to run it though kickstarter in order to getting it done.

Hope its made out of soft paper. I could use some spare toilet paper.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

If it ever comes out, upload to the Internet for all to view for free.

It's not surprise, that insane megalomaniac wants an adoration made for him...best, its to just focus on removing evil scummy psyco hives like CFC ect away from eve entirely, better for them to go play Minecraft or ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_PBIS View Post
    It's not surprise, that insane megalomaniac wants an adoration made for him...best, its to just focus on removing evil scummy psyco hives like CFC ect away from eve entirely, better for them to go play Minecraft or ect...
    No matter what anyone says, i just love how passionate people get over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".