hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 377 of 422 FirstFirst ... 277327367374375376377378379380387 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 8429

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

  1. #7521
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Hull Breach
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    What's your definition of a pirate corp?
    Kills shit in low sec, honours ransoms and dont blob the shit out of everyone they run into contact with.
    heck, if it was up to me the perfect pirate corp would have lived in a wh with a low sec static just to get new areas to pirate in every day

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  2. #7522
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,001
    Piracy is ded, dude, fk the poleece


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  3. #7523
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    What's your definition of a pirate corp?
    Kills shit in low sec, honours ransoms and dont blob the shit out of everyone they run into contact with.
    heck, if it was up to me the perfect pirate corp would have lived in a wh with a low sec static just to get new areas to pirate in every day
    Mhh, I know a bunch of corp that do that but in nullsec. Why is lowsec important for you?
    Also having negative sec status is annoying when you have to move through highsec (You do that from time to time when living in a WH to get to a specific target area.)
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  4. #7524
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,001
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    What's your definition of a pirate corp?
    Kills shit in low sec, honours ransoms and dont blob the shit out of everyone they run into contact with.
    heck, if it was up to me the perfect pirate corp would have lived in a wh with a low sec static just to get new areas to pirate in every day
    Mhh, I know a bunch of corp that do that but in nullsec. Why is lowsec important for you?
    Also having negative sec status is annoying when you have to move through highsec (You do that from time to time when living in a WH to get to a specific target area.)
    Because in lowsec you get no bubbles, so you are safer in using pirate implants That gives you a bit more of a chance to up-engage.

    Unless you get SB to fk and back, idk, is Santo still playing?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  5. #7525
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Hull Breach
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    What's your definition of a pirate corp?
    Kills shit in low sec, honours ransoms and dont blob the shit out of everyone they run into contact with.
    heck, if it was up to me the perfect pirate corp would have lived in a wh with a low sec static just to get new areas to pirate in every day
    Mhh, I know a bunch of corp that do that but in nullsec. Why is lowsec important for you?
    Also having negative sec status is annoying when you have to move through highsec (You do that from time to time when living in a WH to get to a specific target area.)
    Why it's important? Kinda hard to explain but I've played this game for over 13 years and most has been as an outlaw. Low sec is kinda where I feel at home, tho the -10 thingy isn't important to me at all.
    And yes I do like my implants, cause they make it possible for me to do things outnumbered and solo.

    Tho I wouldn't mind 0.0 either if I found the right kinda corp.
    Small, non shit, and somewhat active during late(ish) euro tz

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  6. #7526
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    My friends and me are using snakes in 0.0 all of the time. Some also do genolution sets.

    See Hotline k162 and The Tuskers. Maybe v0lta, though they are more midscale through pings. But you can also do what you want in Thera. If are are good at tackling stuff you can even make money in v0lta as the initial tackle gets the loot.

    I'm in a corp that consists of dudes from Camel Empire, Hydra and Amamake nerds who live in a C2 with static Nullsec. But you gotta know someone to get in.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  7. #7527

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,571
    -10 was fine back when low sec was populated enough for it to be worth it. The most dangerous systems in EVE used to ALL be low sec. And not just the gate camp areas like Tama/OMS/Amamake. The hubs of militias used to have battles rage damn nearly hourly.

    But those days are gone. FW is a shadow of itself and EVE has become Rorqual/Super Online. A style of play that doesn't really fit into low sec.

  8. #7528
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,317
    Triumvirate in the middle of a war they were winning decide to start the process of failcascading - https://pastebin.com/ViKxAYRA

  9. #7529
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,001
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    -10 was fine back when low sec was populated enough for it to be worth it. The most dangerous systems in EVE used to ALL be low sec. And not just the gate camp areas like Tama/OMS/Amamake. The hubs of militias used to have battles rage damn nearly hourly.

    But those days are gone. FW is a shadow of itself and EVE has become Rorqual/Super Online. A style of play that doesn't really fit into low sec.
    How did that happen

    No, really, how the shit did that happen? For a while FW was the best there was PvP wise and I remember joining DnD right after they dread bombed the PL titan in PL's home system at that time, then we had retarded good times for months and it just kept on going. Nisuwa, Prism, Tama, OMS etc were really nice spots to gank people and gtfo whilst 3/4 of one militia was on your tail + lotsa battles. I stopped playing due to RL stuff couple years ago but stuff was still solid in lowsec.

    What did CCP cock up? :\
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  10. #7530

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Triumvirate in the middle of a war they were winning decide to start the process of failcascading - https://pastebin.com/ViKxAYRA
    Tri, the most stable alliance ever, who would have guessed that they might fall apart?

  11. #7531
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    -10 was fine back when low sec was populated enough for it to be worth it. The most dangerous systems in EVE used to ALL be low sec. And not just the gate camp areas like Tama/OMS/Amamake. The hubs of militias used to have battles rage damn nearly hourly.

    But those days are gone. FW is a shadow of itself and EVE has become Rorqual/Super Online. A style of play that doesn't really fit into low sec.
    How did that happen

    No, really, how the shit did that happen? For a while FW was the best there was PvP wise and I remember joining DnD right after they dread bombed the PL titan in PL's home system at that time, then we had retarded good times for months and it just kept on going. Nisuwa, Prism, Tama, OMS etc were really nice spots to gank people and gtfo whilst 3/4 of one militia was on your tail + lotsa battles. I stopped playing due to RL stuff couple years ago but stuff was still solid in lowsec.

    What did CCP cock up? :\
    So far as I am aware, they didn't change much about FW at all. Is it just perhaps possible that some other agency than CCP might be responsible...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  12. #7532
    Aliventi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16, 2012
    Location
    Adversity.
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    -10 was fine back when low sec was populated enough for it to be worth it. The most dangerous systems in EVE used to ALL be low sec. And not just the gate camp areas like Tama/OMS/Amamake. The hubs of militias used to have battles rage damn nearly hourly.

    But those days are gone. FW is a shadow of itself and EVE has become Rorqual/Super Online. A style of play that doesn't really fit into low sec.
    How did that happen

    No, really, how the shit did that happen? For a while FW was the best there was PvP wise and I remember joining DnD right after they dread bombed the PL titan in PL's home system at that time, then we had retarded good times for months and it just kept on going. Nisuwa, Prism, Tama, OMS etc were really nice spots to gank people and gtfo whilst 3/4 of one militia was on your tail + lotsa battles. I stopped playing due to RL stuff couple years ago but stuff was still solid in lowsec.

    What did CCP cock up? :\
    So far as I am aware, they didn't change much about FW at all. Is it just perhaps possible that some other agency than CCP might be responsible...?
    Just like NPC nullsec was awesome once upon a time. CCP killed that not by messing with it, but by messing with other space. CCP messing with SOV caused lowsec to die.

  13. #7533
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,001
    How the fk does that make sense in your brain, pls explain. Lowsec residents were never interested in nullsec space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #7534
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How the fk does that make sense in your brain, pls explain. Lowsec residents were never interested in nullsec space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps 'certain groups' that stayed in low sec got too big and became blob lords ruining PVP for a lot of others?
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  15. #7535
    Aliventi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16, 2012
    Location
    Adversity.
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How the fk does that make sense in your brain, pls explain. Lowsec residents were never interested in nullsec space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a feeling you are putting your own personal feelings and experiences in that statement. But I digress.

    Some groups may have stayed, but corps and people left to nullsec. The SOV map didn't magically balkanize with groups already present in nullsec. People moved out there from lowsec and NPC nullsec. PH and Brave are two big examples of former lowsec dwellers. Adversity left Vestouve. Even CAStabouts owns SOV space and I never thought they would leave their mission systems.

    But feelings and opinions aside, let's look at some data.

    Take a look at the kill count for Black Rise.
    FW took it's big rebalance in May of 2012. That year you had 131,703 kills.
    In 2013 you had 344,576 kills.
    In 2014 you had 403,601 kills.
    It went up to 413,087 in 2015.
    Last year you had 422,977.
    So far in 2017 (Jan-> Dec 1) you have had 380,073 kills. Add in the 18,827 for Dec and you end up with 398,900 kills. Lets say you keep the 1100 kills average every day remaining in December. And I'll give you 550 kills for the remainder of today for a total of 34,777 kills in December. That only brings you up to 414,850 kills for the year. That's 8,127 fewer kill in the year compared to last year, or 22.26 kills a day fewer. From this data Black Rise is set to be less active in 2017 than in 2016. A quick check of Placid shows 160,144 kills in 2016. So far in 2017 you have 167,300. So maybe the kills shifted to Placid?

    I think it wouldn't be a reach to use Provi as a nullsec example as it hasn't had massive SOV changes and is a pretty steady place to roam through. Provi had 176,514 kills in 2015. It had 192,942 kills on 2016. In Jan -> Dec of 2017 Provi has had 208,686 kills. Let say in December it matches it's weakest month of year (Nov: 15,486 kills). That would leave Provi with 224,172 kills for 2017. That's a whopping 31,230 kills more than in 2016, or 85.56 more kills every day.

    Let use Syndicate as another example. In 2013 it had 187,514 kills. It had 239,983 kills in 2014. It had 136,291 in 2015. 117,186 kills for 2016. So far this year it has had 112,496 kills.

    Take the data how you will. It seems to me that SOV nullsec is booming while lowsec is stagnating, or in some cases falling in activity. Since 2014 there appears to be a trend from PvP kills going from NPC nullsec to lowsec. I have a feeling if we wait a few years you will see the same trend going from lowsec to SOV unless something happens to make NPC nullsec and lowsec competitive.

  16. #7536
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,479
    423k vs 415k is less than a 2% variation. I'd be cautious of inferring dramatic trends from a change of that magnitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  17. #7537
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How the fk does that make sense in your brain, pls explain. Lowsec residents were never interested in nullsec space.
    You don't need to live in nullsec to pvp in nullsec.

    Just go where you find targets for your playstyle.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  18. #7538
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How the fk does that make sense in your brain, pls explain. Lowsec residents were never interested in nullsec space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps 'certain groups' that stayed in low sec got too big and became blob lords ruining PVP for a lot of others?
    tama mong camp nvr 4gt

  19. #7539
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How the fk does that make sense in your brain, pls explain. Lowsec residents were never interested in nullsec space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perhaps 'certain groups' that stayed in low sec got too big and became blob lords ruining PVP for a lot of others?
    tama mong camp nvr 4gt
    The retard in charge of Team Tam... campers of tama got kicked out of goons for being a retard

    Le Memetani explains it well

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210116855?t=00h06m16s

    he wasnt allowed to FC more than BCs... he dropped a fort and FCed caps and bhaals... fed everything... got kicked

    too egotistic to pay for a batphone or something, killed by a small-medium sized FW group that he was taunting saying they couldnt kill him...

    seems pretty stupid to me but you know, im not an 1337 gatecamper so what do i know
    This is how his Fortizar defense went

    https://br.inyour.space/?s=2813&b=7864300&e=290&t=bvuff

    He got obliterated by fucking RDRAW

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

  20. #7540

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    423k vs 415k is less than a 2% variation. I'd be cautious of inferring dramatic trends from a change of that magnitude.
    That's because he used Black Rise, probably the only low sec region that has remained active. Let's look at another one:

    Heimatar

    Average monthly kills 2017: 8800
    Average monthly kills 2016: 9980
    Average monthly kills 2015: 11325
    Average monthly kills 2014: 16158
    Average monthly kills 2013: 18925
    Average monthly kills 2008: 8145

    Metropolis

    Average monthly kills 2017: 9411
    Average monthly kills 2016: 11100
    Average monthly kills 2013: 23860
    Average monthly kills 2010: 7200


    Essentially the Minmatar FW area, a place I spent 90% of my EVE career, is back to the levels of ship destruction of 2009/2010. Does that mean that EVE is dying? No. But low sec has changed dramatically since 2013 and the number prove it.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •