hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 413 of 419 FirstFirst ... 313363403410411412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 8379

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    You guys keep shoving more and more money into CCP and expect the game to just work
    FYP

You guys keep shoving more and more dudes into a single grid and expect the game to just work
    this

You guys keep shoving more and more dudes into a single grid and expect the game to just work
    While that is absolutely true and 3800 pilots in game is insane the game also crashes, well grinds to 10% tidi, disconnect, desync etc which ccp call a succes at 1.5k aswell when all the supers launch the fighters.
    Before that it is actually playable. Come to think of it 3k was also playable-ish (still tidi just not uber desync and disconnect) before fighter launch. Not saying its just the fighters but from a layman's view it feels like every fighter is a new pilot in system.
    I have been in 1k fights that are good. Think the max playable for myself was around 1,8-2k.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

TiDi is dumb.

Either design game mechanics that spread out the opposing player-groups in these fights OR

Figure a way out to get the server to work with the 3K or more players On-Grid.

I've studiously avoided any and all of these massive "fights" in my EVE career, and don't feel I've lost anything.

My few experiences with serious TiDi were some of the least enjoyable gaming experiences of my entire gaming career tbqh.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    To be fair, things actually were spread out in groups / group engagements quite well. Through the whole thing.

Just in the same system.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    TiDi is dumb.

Either design game mechanics that spread out the opposing player-groups in these fights OR

I've studiously avoided any and all of these massive "fights" in my EVE career, and don't feel I've lost anything.

My few experiences with serious TiDi were some of the least enjoyable gaming experiences of my entire gaming career tbqh.
    Aegis sov does exactly that and there's never a lag problem with sov contests now.

That's why every loves it so much, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Not happening unless someone invents a magic new processor that exceeds what current processor tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    TiDi is dumb.

Aegis sov does exactly that and there's never a lag problem with sov contests now.

I like the core idea of the sov system tbh, the only real downside is bubble immunity turns the entire thing into a retarded version of whack-a-mole most of the time instead of forcing fighting throughout the constellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Not happening unless someone invents a magic new processor that exceeds what current processor tech.

TiDi is dumb.

I like the core idea of the sov system tbh, the only real downside is bubble immunity turns the entire thing into a retarded version of whack-a-mole most of the time instead of forcing fighting throughout the constellation.
    Only the whackers can have bubble immunity though, not the moles.

Ceptor bubble immunity was introduced at the request of players, and it does have significant gameplay purposes. And tbh friday ceptor bumrush fleets are pretty great fun and I'd be sorry to lose that as an option.

Perhaps the answer is that nodes should have a 50% agility penalty AoE effect out to, say, 300Km. That would slow down the clawfleets (which incidentally have specifically just been nerfed with a 20% reduction in alpha damage) ability to zoom from node to node, and also double the time to warp giving the node attackers more opportunity to shoot back. Normally I hate special-case rules patches, but command nodes are intrinsically a special case - we already have similar and greater penalties to the entoser.
    I love Malcanis!

Not at all, it's a software issue, Eve's in Stackless Python, which has a Global Interpreter Lock, so can only run 1 true process per CPU (and within that thousands of tasklets), regardless of the number of cores & threads those can have. So they're missing out on 32x+ performance because of their gamble on how CPUs would develop, made 15-20 years ago when it was the GHz race.

But things like supersized single grids, and Titan AoE death damage, can't have helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Not at all, it's a software issue, Eve's in Stackless Python, which has a Global Interpreter Lock, so can only run 1 true process per CPU (and within that thousands of tasklets), regardless of the number of cores & threads those can have. So they're missing out on 32x+ performance because of their gamble on how CPUs would develop, made 15-20 years ago when it was the GHz race.

But things like supersized single grids, and Titan AoE death damage, can't have helped.
    More knowledgable people than me have asserted that a significant factor is the new fighters. Apparently the server really does keep track of each one as an independent entity. So each super that launches 5 flights of superiority fighters is the server load equivalent to 46 dreadnaughts.

deth2all supers
    I love Malcanis!

I guess people havn't mentioned that the PL supercap/cap fleet et al is trapped in the system by a Legacy/Imperium fleet on top of a new Keepstar [that is totally half price].
    No log-ins on those characters I suppose for a little. Still means the Legacy fleet is also trapped there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I guess people havn't mentioned that the PL supercap/cap fleet et al is trapped in the system by a Legacy/Imperium fleet on top of a new Keepstar [that is totally half price].
    No log-ins on those characters I suppose for a little. Still means the Legacy fleet is also trapped there.
    A Legacy fleet
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post

More knowledgable people than me have asserted that a significant factor is the new fighters. Apparently the server really does keep track of each one as an independent entity. So each super that launches 5 flights of superiority fighters is the server load equivalent to 46 dreadnaughts.

deth2all supers
    I'd give you more rep, but you're already maxed out. I would be very happy to be rid of all supercarriers. Fighters are such a terribly computationally expensive weapons system.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I thought they started treating drone swarms as one entity years ago

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Trivially easy to disprove, as you can assign drones individually.

If you mean fighters, they're "one entity" for some purposes (eg: when they get smartbombed), but not others.
    I love Malcanis!

Maybe they're considered one entity until there's a reason to process them separately ?

If you mean fighters, they're "one entity" for some purposes (eg: when they get smartbombed), but not others.
    Probably because they fly together and when smartbombed it's obvious they'd be one entity but not when targeted separately?

I'd say buff supercarriers to the extent that they are super carriers but each fighter has to be manned by a player. It's automatically reducing the load because even with large entities they have to produce people to man the fighters. Self-regulating? :3
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Probably because they fly together and when smartbombed it's obvious they'd be one entity but not when targeted separately?

I'd say buff supercarriers to the extent that they are super carriers but each fighter has to be manned by a player. It's automatically reducing the load because even with large entities they have to produce people to man the fighters. Self-regulating? :3
    If they made fighter bombers individually pilotable, then the skills should be within the alpha skillset: Allowing the low-SP/low ISk players to fly in the big fleet battles with an "I live, I die, I live again" outlook by allowing then to respawn inside the super and immediately reship. No fittings, and only minimal applicable skillset (drone support skills work fine here), so less variables for the node to keep track of. Replace each "flight" with a single piloted ship, and allow supers to carry enough for 5 guys to reship at least 3 or 4 times.

Tragically, this would eliminate super ratting, but war is hell.
    I love Malcanis!

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

If they made fighter bombers individually pilotable, then the skills should be within the alpha skillset: Allowing the low-SP/low ISk players to fly in the big fleet battles with an "I live, I die, I live again" outlook by allowing then to respawn inside the super and immediately reship. No fittings, and only minimal applicable skillset (drone support skills work fine here), so less variables for the node to keep track of. Replace each "flight" with a single piloted ship, and allow supers to carry enough for 5 guys to reship at least 3 or 4 times.

Tragically, this would eliminate super ratting, but war is hell.
    As worthwhile as this would be, EVE simply doesn't have enough customers to even consider it.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Exactly the point. It limits the proliferation of supers and draws in new blood who likes Valkyrie more than EvE. Make it a freaking space dog fight sim/Luke-Skywalker-blowing-up-the-Deathstar lookalike.

Trust me, people would flock to this in droves. Make it free to play too and sell proper skins and dashboard bobbleheads for all I care to monetise it.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.