hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 371 of 371 FirstFirst ... 271321361368369370371
Results 7,401 to 7,408 of 7408

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

yeah same tbh

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    yeah same tbh
    Yeah, i've kind of been in the same way tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    yeah same tbh
    Yeah, i've kind of been in the same way tbh.
    Signed.

Erm what the fuck are you 2 even talking about.

Virt instead of posting war and peace then asking some questions at the end. Please just say what you feel.

But keep it to 5 sentences a post and no more 3 syllabul words thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    We just want the other dudes to fly like idiots so that we can own hundreds of them with a 10 person fleet.
    Not empty quoting.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post

Virt instead of posting war and peace then asking some questions at the end. Please just say what you feel.

Simple perspective: the way things are set EVE is on a fixed path towards a total status quo, where there's white picket fences and every house is the same, you might slap the neighbour's kid but nobody burns down the house. CCP's current game design is tailored to encourage the exact same type of status quo choices which were already becoming dominant.

This profoundly changes the nature of it all. Add the effects of mt & shinies and you ultimately end up with just a game, much like ST:O just nicely packaged up. But that is exactly the choice here, door number one has ST:O which grows smaller, the other one has something different but with at least a potential of growth.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post

Simple perspective: the way things are set EVE is on a fixed path towards a total status quo, where there's white picket fences and every house is the same, you might slap the neighbour's kid but nobody burns down the house. CCP's current game design is tailored to encourage the exact same type of status quo choices which were already becoming dominant.

This profoundly changes the nature of it all. Add the effects of mt & shinies and you ultimately end up with just a game, much like ST:O just nicely packaged up. But that is exactly the choice here, door number one has ST:O which grows smaller, the other one has something different but with at least a potential of growth.
    You see now that I understood. Are you sure that's ccps goal though? Because you know what ccp want to do and what they actually do are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post

You see now that I understood. Are you sure that's ccps goal though? Because you know what ccp want to do and what they actually do are two different things.

Who cares really? It's smart of them either way to make sure that shit is nicely packaged up. Lower maintenance, lower development budget, more room to use Product X fiscal reserves or tech budget for Product Y, more flexibility towards other priorities, easier to use the product level as a petri dish without having to rock the boat, and so forth. What people think about that is much less important really than how they feel about the game they play. As it should be.

There's plenty people who can and will enjoy an EVE variant of the ST:O model. Heck, just look at the plex price curves, the skins and all that. Consider that among alpha's there's a lot more positive response on the dailies experiments. Not to mention that when people have and know all the textbooks on everything a lot of them feel comfortable with that, even if it's just the same thing all the time that they do.

There's plenty others who don't want that, but as long as their respective niches are big enough, eve is addictive enough to not rock their little paper boats.

Me it just strikes not so much as a waste of potential, but as a very limited vision on things. When vision is limited, whatever the cause, people tend to get surprises coming to them. In spite of all the "help" CCP has gotten and in spite of dealing well with their own learning curves, CCP isn't exactly suited for rapid response to surprises. It's understandable enterprise management, but it's not the smartest in the long run. Unless ofcourse the long run isn't a goal in its own right anymore.

My opinion is just that I would like to see more flames. I don't like suburbs of white picket fences where everybody does and is the same regardless of the flag they wear or the stories they tell themselves. I kinda prefer blowing up the house, entrapment of the wife so the husband explodes in divorce and smashes into his neighbour when driving off, I feel people are better at building things when a storm has torn shit down. As opposed to just meeting on sunday for a timer to kick someone's fence and maybe trip a kid here or there.

It's the divide between a strict mechanistic approach, and a behavioural approach. Both require mechanisms, triggers, buttons - all of that. But the focus is different. Either on its own is fubar in the long term, balance between the two is more healthy. And yes, I'll readily admit that to me it is also a bit of "ennui", seen and done it all. The older you get in eve, it's almost like Neal Asher's tidbits on immortality in his books. People start craving surprise, cataclysm, deep change. CCP just decided to take the easy road of replacement and seduction. Understandable, but it's never sustainable.

Now back to earlier :-) When different types of organisation interact, there is a rather darwinistic effect. Exactly. Optimisation. This is where we are now. People already arrive in EVE knowing how to do XYZ for just about anything. Organisations know what works best when & where & how. Even their own behaviour has been mapped out. CCP's vision stimulates this "same mold" process. That is what any mechanistic approach does with human behaviour: it gets people to segregate in niches of the same mold.

What happens when organisations sharing the same operational mold interact? Status quo. The only rub is on the edges. It limits depth of conflict, regardless of what people may or may not do with periodicity or scale of it. It also makes the focus of organisations move away from high value dependancies and such. Risk mitigation and minimisation. That always bleeds over in mindset.

Now who in EVE controls those three "i"'s of impact, influence, interaction? CCP. And only CCP. Their vision decides. Right now their vision is mechanistic.

Do we want a continuous evolutionary dynamic instead? If so, what does that mean for the one in control of it all? I would prefer it. But this is only possible when CCP comes back to EVE, or gives its product level its own true mandate.

I know, there is that difference between what CCP want versus do, this is human, but ever since that summer there is one thing sacrosanct: control. Everything they have done since then bleeds exactly this in every thing and manner they have done. Now this goes against the grain of what makes the EVE people know work. So it has to change, or CCP has to change.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna