hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 362 of 381 FirstFirst ... 262312352359360361362363364365372 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 7616

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    I think I'll stick with my original position, which is that the sov system is far less important than the players' attitude and willingness to engage. What we think we want is almost invariably what we think other players should want. People yell at CCP to change this or buff that or nerf the other for what are essentially aesthetic reasons that aren't much to do with how we want to play the game day to day in practice.
    yeah no shit sherlock.

But CCP can influence one thing...
    ...and people talk about it's the only thing that can be influenced. Including you.
    I'm just sceptical that you can fundamentally change people. If you think you can realistically change people over a video game you're dillusional or drunk.
    Last edited by Fara; June 30 2017 at 10:42:53 PM.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    I think I'll stick with my original position, which is that the sov system is far less important than the players' attitude and willingness to engage. What we think we want is almost invariably what we think other players should want. People yell at CCP to change this or buff that or nerf the other for what are essentially aesthetic reasons that aren't much to do with how we want to play the game day to day in practice.
    yeah no shit sherlock.

...and people talk about it's the only thing that can be influenced. Including you.
    I'm just sceptical that you can fundamentally change people. If you think you can realistically change people over a video game you're dillusional or drunk.
    Not easily, but gradually. This on top of formative years - which has nothing to do with age, but exposure. Technology makes it easier because it makes it simpler to map out stimuli, patterns & responses. Anyhow, that's a realm of topics that go well beyond the scope of this. Either way, game design is no different in terms of using / guiding / rewarding / punishing behaviour either through mechanisms or in balance with them.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

A resource from conflict?
    Plex from corpses (the more skill points in the corpse, the better their implants, the more death in (in terms of ship death) the previous 15 minutes the more plex gets harvested)...
    Makes holding the field worth something again.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

yeah no shit sherlock.

Ask your alliance mates what the original concept of PL was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

yeah no shit sherlock.

Hardly any of them is still around (including me). The game and institutions around changed, and so they adapted to that and modified their behaviour. This is in effect exactly what I mean; Change the game and people change their behavior. Dont try to change people in order to change the game.
    Last edited by Fara; July 2 2017 at 10:33:42 AM.

yeah no shit sherlock.

Hardly any of them is still around (including me). The game and institutions around changed, and so they adapted to that and modified their behaviour. This is in effect exactly what I mean; Change the game and people change their behavior. Dont try to change people in order to change the game.
    Yeah but how many of those changes were in response to mechanical changes compared to changes made by player organisations?

I'll put it another way: dotlan is 10x more important in that respect than any single mechanic CCP could introduce.
    I love Malcanis!

The game is full of risk averse people. Not to be held against them, it's just the way people are. They want that fortune and glory. So players will use all tools available to them to do so. CCP needs to decide what tools are helping create the universe they want to see and which ones are not. Which tools they could introduce. Ones to take away. Change, etc. Only the weak minded will leave and the rest will adapt and keep playing internet spaceships. When unknown space came out without local, people said no one would go because it was too dangerous. People not just went, but decided to live there. CCP didn't even predict that if my memory serves correct. Or maybe they did and wanted to upsell the creativeness of players. Players will adapt and keep on playing. What we all hear is the vocal minority who had their game play altered and don't want to change. Some even go as far as to try and poison the well to further their campaign against the bad man and his 'balance' pass. These are children and CCP should treat them as such. With a simple dismissal.

I'm all for information players are using to be as risk averse as possible to be changed or removed. Be creative and make gathering the information enjoyable and engaging. Do what is best for the health of the game.

Well, as long as everyone from corp-mates to random forum whores are mocking every player for every pvp loss the risk aversion ain't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, as long as everyone from corp-mates to random forum whores are mocking every player for every pvp loss the risk aversion ain't going anywhere.
    Sounds like shit corps. Why do people care about what internet forum spaks post about?

So my accounts have now all expired and I havent played eve in about a month.
    In this month I have had so much more spare time to do stuff, like read a book. I've only read 2-3 books in the past 7 years and I'm looking forward to reading more. I've stopped dreaming and having nightmares about eve.
    During the day I have more time for my hobby (building and flying RC planes) which means I get to go outside a lot more. I save 60$ a month because I'm not paying for subscriptions and I get to spend that money on romantic dates.
    Simply put life is better without Eve online!

There are ofcourse some negative sides to it. When I am on the PC I cant talk to my space friends and I dont get to laugh at stupid jokes that often.

I know I will return to eve sooner or later but for now everything is great!

if only people would stop driving cars alone and car share perfectly there would be no traffic congestion hurrr
    Last edited by Fara; July 5 2017 at 09:11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    There are ofcourse some negative sides to it. When I am on the PC I cant talk to my space friends and I dont get to laugh at stupid jokes that often.
    You don't need a subscription to EVE to log into teamspeak or mumble or whatever it is you were using.

if only people would stop driving cars alone and car share perfectly there would be no traffic congestion hurrr
    There's no 'tragedy of the commons' dilemma implicit in being shitty to people who lost an imaginary spaceship, so don't try and pretend there is.
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    The game is full of risk averse people. Not to be held against them, it's just the way people are. They want that fortune and glory. So players will use all tools available to them to do so. CCP needs to decide what tools are helping create the universe they want to see and which ones are not. Which tools they could introduce. Ones to take away. Change, etc. Only the weak minded will leave and the rest will adapt and keep playing internet spaceships. When unknown space came out without local, people said no one would go because it was too dangerous. People not just went, but decided to live there. CCP didn't even predict that if my memory serves correct. Or maybe they did and wanted to upsell the creativeness of players. Players will adapt and keep on playing. What we all hear is the vocal minority who had their game play altered and don't want to change. Some even go as far as to try and poison the well to further their campaign against the bad man and his 'balance' pass. These are children and CCP should treat them as such. With a simple dismissal.

I'm all for information players are using to be as risk averse as possible to be changed or removed. Be creative and make gathering the information enjoyable and engaging. Do what is best for the health of the game.
    You can't play EVE and not be risk averse, because in most fights player skill (in terms of piloting and on the fly decisions) is the thing that matters the least. The most important player skill is in fact risk assessment, and its reverse (obfuscating the risk your opponent is taking). If you take a lot of risks you will get fucking demolished because that's how the statistics work out.

It's the world were everyone wants to win 6-0 and scream at their opponents for not coming to the slaughter and at the same time are themselves unwilling to engage at all when not holding the upper hand.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    T20, i like it. The open beta will be open to everyone.

It's the world were everyone wants to win 6-0 and scream at their opponents for not coming to the slaughter and at the same time are themselves unwilling to engage at all when not holding the upper hand.
    It's not so much a problem so long as new player groups, who believe in stuff like "fun per hour" and "we're bad lol", are willing to be farmed before they get wise to the system. But that is a pyramid scheme and requires a constant influx of players into the bottom.
    Last edited by PhoenixPilot; July 6 2017 at 11:40:28 PM.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

If there was a lot of pl.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    It's not so much a problem so long as new player groups, who believe in stuff like "fun per hour" and "we're bad lol", are willing to be farmed before they get wise to the system. But that is a pyramid scheme and requires a constant influx of players into the bottom.
    That's the thing. Those in charge of allowing wars to happen don't want it. They just want that 'reservation' style play where they can just go farm people and jerk off to zkillboard after. Sure they have citadels to point at saying that is what is stoping them. But once CCP balances them a bit, then what? Will these large groups suddenly start going to war with each other - or find another excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    That's the thing. Those in charge of allowing wars to happen don't want it. They just want that 'reservation' style play where they can just go farm people and jerk off to zkillboard after. Sure they have citadels to point at saying that is what is stoping them. But once CCP balances them a bit, then what? Will these large groups suddenly start going to war with each other - or find another excuse?
    That's exactly what I was getting at a page or so back. People are spending 100x more energy yelling at CCP about things that are 100x less important.
    I love Malcanis!