hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 358 of 381 FirstFirst ... 258308348355356357358359360361368 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 7616

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

I can't wait to see the inevitable tears from those who abused ghost training. That is if CCP actually does something meaningful for punishment to those who exploited it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    I can't wait to see the inevitable tears from those who abused ghost training. That is if CCP actually does something meaningful for punishment to those who exploited it.
    After how long it took them to declare it an exploit i cant imagine they're terribly motivated to do much of anything

Hopefully im wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    After how long it took them to declare it an exploit i cant imagine they're terribly motivated to do much of anything

Can i motivate you to log on and give me rights for ts/mumble by any chance?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

Can i motivate you to log on and give me rights for ts/mumble by any chance?
    Haha no.

Your portal account is already activated, go push the right buttans.

Let's talk sov and these citadel things. I feel out of the loop big time. Why doesn't it work?

Disclaimer: the extent of my interaction with citadels is tethering in highsec and catching krabs in a drag bubble 400k off an astrahus, so all below is hearsay

Basically Citadels are way too hard to kill and even if you by some miracle manage to do so, all the assets get teleported to safety (except wormholes, but citadels in wormholes have their own set of major balance issues)

Astrahus costs like 1 bil, has one short vulnerable window 24h after anchoring. Once its online the effort required to kill it is insane. Its vulnerable for a couple of hours a week, which the defender gets to set in 1 hour chunks. To kill it you'd need to win 3 timers , over the course of 3 weeks. To kill a 1b structure and get no loot if you're in k-space.
    Then there is the thing where larger Citadels can launch Void Bombs which is OP as fuck, and pretty much limits what you can bring on grid to Machariels and capless gun T3s.

This is all on top of Aegis-Sov which i'm sure you know how it turned out, the complete lack of any incentive to actually take space AND jump fatigue allowing the defender to have a massive advantage (they have their supers ready, the attacker needs to go through the major pain of moving them).

Cant find the good post on reddit describing the last serious attempt at sov warfare with both parties basically going "fuck this".

From what i remember TL;DR of what happens is:

- lets say entity A (attacker) wants to invade entity D's (defender) shit.
    - A chooses a preferred staging system in D's territory, spams the fuck out of astrahuses in system until D misses one 15 minute onlining window. A gains guaranteed 3 weeks worth of invulnerable foothold in D's territory.
    - A then realises that they now have to deal with the very same mechanic they've just abused. Even if D abandons their territory its now 3 weeks worth of timers for every shitty astrahus.
    - everyone plays PUBG instead
    Last edited by n0th; June 20 2017 at 07:21:47 AM.

basically its effort central. Which eve has always been, but this doesnt go well with an ever aging playerbase.

The one good thing going away from pos sov to SBU sov was that the wars of attrition over who gets bored first putting time into non fun gameplay would be somewhat limited. Now it seems the game has gone full circle. Except now the average nerd that plays is out of college and cant spend hours on this shit anymore. Especially true for lot of the FCs that I gotten to know tbh.

The amount of rework it would take to make this enjoyable I think is beyond their willingness to do v0v
    Last edited by Fara; June 20 2017 at 10:25:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    basically its effort central. Which eve has always been, but this doesnt go well with an ever aging playerbase.

The one good thing going away from pos sov to SBU sov was that the wars of attrition over who gets bored first putting time into non fun gameplay would be somewhat limited. Now it seems the game has gone full circle. Except now the average nerd that plays is out of college and cant spend hours on this shit anymore. Especially true for lot of the FCs that I gotten to know tbh.

The amount of rework it would take to make this enjoyable I think is beyond their willingness to do v0v
    None of the FCs I used to roam or do strat ops in 0.0 play anymore. Or if they have they haven't registered a kill for the past 12 months.

Judging by killboards only a few of the lowsec people I played with are still active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Yeah, the group of 18-25 year olds who found a niche game are now in their 30s. EVE is not attracting enough younger, active players to keep up with the aging playerbase. Content in EVE is akin to solvency of Social Security in America

An astra isn't 3 weeks, it is 1, but still. One of the biggest issues is being able to set the initial RF timer whenever you want with such a small window. If I know my attackers are primarily USTZ I can set the window for Tuesday and Wednesday RUTZ. They then have to alarm clock 3 times on weekdays/nights when they should be sleeping. One good fix I have heard for this that I agree with is make the structures vulnerable 24/7. Then the attacker can attack any time. First timer is 24h, and second is 6d later. This means if I am US, and am fighting EU or RU people I can RF their structures on a Friday/Saturday to make the armor timer at an awful time on Saturday/Sunday, then the final timer on the next Friday/Saturday making it a little easier to alarm clock on the weekend instead of mid-week.

Another suggestion I have heard of that I like is if a structure is killed in a system where the structure owner doesn't own the sov then there is a loot drop chance. Use the same RNG as ship kills with some dropping, and the rest going to asset safety.

New official EVE Online forums look like an eight year old designed them.

Also won't let me login to tell them how bad it is.
    Last edited by CC; June 20 2017 at 07:49:37 PM.

The afgan defense minister has confirmed that space camo is best because it looks cool. US now buying 50 million dollars worth of equipment to apply space camo on all rockets in the afganistan stockpile.

Aaaaaand I'm unsubed again

Well, I hope CCP makes some adjustments very soon to the sov system and citadels.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Do you prefer the new or old forums? [POLL]

Well

Just going over the stats on usage pace & patterns kinda paints a fucking awful picture.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Well, I hope CCP makes some adjustments very soon to the sov system and citadels.

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    I would be delighted. If ISK is not the constraining factor, right now, it's a battle of will-to-continue and Time Zone Tanking, rather than something you win through game mechanics. Cleaning Citadels and anchoring new ones, waiting for one to slip through, can carry on indefinitely if the space is not regularly trawled by the holders. I'm currently convinced that sovereign conquests need something to give them that visceral element of finality of eviction that destroying n+1 Astrahuses lacks.
    Last edited by Evelgrivion; June 22 2017 at 08:44:29 PM.

I hear from reliable sources that the next patch will indeed have some much needed sov changes for citadels. Killing citadels is just boring, so from now on you will first need to anchor and online Citadel Blockade Units (CBUs) on each gate in the system before any citadel becomes vulnerable in a SOV system. This will create more conflict opportunities spread around the system and thus increase the PvP opportunities.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I hear from reliable sources that the next patch will indeed have some much needed sov changes for citadels. Killing citadels is just boring, so from now on you will first need to anchor and online Citadel Blockade Units (CBUs) on each gate in the system before any citadel becomes vulnerable in a SOV system. This will create more conflict opportunities spread around the system and thus increase the PvP opportunities.
    Reliable sources
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

So which is the leakiest CSM member?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.