hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 389 of 404 FirstFirst ... 289339379386387388389390391392399 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 8063

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

us tz generally full of bad players non shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    us tz generally full of bad players non shocker
    Actually a recent study shows that the EU tz players have are a higher percentage of bads than US tz players - by a considerable amount. One of those university studies or some shit.

EDIT: Found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    I dare one of you to go to the official forums and Reddit and post your idea about there only being consensual wars and suicide ganking is no longer allowed so the game can get more players. Then report back with how many people said basically, "EVE doesn't need those kinds of players anyways."
    Truth be told besides keeping the lights on, the EvE we loved doesn't really need pve drones who chainspam l4 missions, because those people will never set foot in <0.5.

The game needs more people in ships actually doing PvP, but the selection process is so brutal very few make it at the end.

And EvE relying on these alone to keep the lights on is relying on a few old timers running the marathon. Idk how other people are but Jones gave an example above - married with children = can't really afford a few hours a night waiting for shit to happen. Hell, I'm single and I don't have time for that.

I will always fondly remember falling asleep on the titan with Lord Maldolor's voice putting me into narcolepsy mode but that was years ago.

Truth is less and less people barely have time to live their lives anymore, never mind putting time in video games. As much as unique EvE is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    The game needs more people in ships actually doing PvP, but the selection process is so brutal very few make it at the end.
    I'm not sure about this one, tbh. If you look at the numbers on wars and fights around EVE, there are perhaps fewer instances, but they are instead each involving more individuals.

Back in the day, needing a second set of links for wing 2 was a rare thing and mostly you would just put scouts down there instead. Sure, the big blobs of BoB, Goons or NC could max out fleets, but even they never had another full fleet on top of that. A massive battle might have 200 v 200 and perhaps even single digit Titans! On special occasion you would have a Delve War or MAX, but they never lasted and coalitions reset afterwards.

Over time, those players, plus the new people that joined the game with entities like Test, Brave and now Horde, decided to clump together on the map. Call it risk averse or convenience if you will, but the net effect was that all those battles got concentrated to a point where no one will bat an eye if you have a full fleet of subcaps, another with dread/carrier alts plus supers on standby. Even PL recently broke 3000 characters and we are regularly outnumbered anyway.

I have absolutely no hard data on this, but my suspicion is that in absolute numbers we have roughly the same amount of pvp as we did back then, just not in the form that most of us remember. If this is a bad or a good thing depends on what you want. I don't think this was something that CCP facilitated, unless you count increased server capacity. Rather it was all on us, the players, and how we changed the layout of the game. Even if you count the old much lamented skype channels and "fightclubs", we as individuals still joined those alliances and went along with it. S/FHC always had a bias towards the smaller scale conflicts, so naturally this particular echo-chamber will complain about the current state of things. I'm not sure you would get the same discussion on Horde forums, though.

I'm sorry, I forgot to add something in there. More people in ships actually doing PvP != 2x bigger blobs, but more engagements with lower numbers on each side.

I will always be a fan of the fight of the few against the many because I think that is where skill really comes into play. Engaging a gang that's twice your size and coming out on top is what makes this satisfactory for me, not fielding more titans. Unfortunately, EvE has made it really hard in time. Or was it CCP?

I remember the power creep that hit RnK for example (and they weren't the only ones doing the few against the many, just the ones to do an art form out of it, polished to perfection). They were ok for a while fielding armour BS with Guardians (in appropriate numbers, not BS:Guards 1:4), then when they encountered bigger gangs the logi wing was replaced with (a) triage carrier since Guardians were volleyed off the field. Then it had to be two carriers and combat refitting. Then it had to become splitting the enemy by strategically placed bubbles and weaning them off. Then it was pipebombing, because the sheer enemy numbers were just overwhelming.

In the current landscape I think it's not possible to do that anymore, which is really sad.

I'm sorry, I forgot to add something in there. More people in ships actually doing PvP != 2x bigger blobs, but more engagements with lower numbers on each side.

I will always be a fan of the fight of the few against the many because I think that is where skill really comes into play. Engaging a gang that's twice your size and coming out on top is what makes this satisfactory for me, not fielding more titans. Unfortunately, EvE has made it really hard in time. Or was it CCP?

I remember the power creep that hit RnK for example (and they weren't the only ones doing the few against the many, just the ones to do an art form out of it, polished to perfection). They were ok for a while fielding armour BS with Guardians (in appropriate numbers, not BS:Guards 1:4), then when they encountered bigger gangs the logi wing was replaced with (a) triage carrier since Guardians were volleyed off the field. Then it had to be two carriers and combat refitting. Then it had to become splitting the enemy by strategically placed bubbles and weaning them off. Then it was pipebombing, because the sheer enemy numbers were just overwhelming.

In the current landscape I think it's not possible to do that anymore, which is really sad.
    That's alpha creep for you. Unless you find a way to make gang alpha not be the most effective way to win a fight, things will never get better in that regards.

It's more about the economy than about anything else. There was a point when few people were financially able to field navpocs or Machariels because the hull alone was 1.5bil ISK. Now a Mach is what? 400m? A Navpoc is 250m? Hell, I think an Abaddon costs as much as a Navpoc. And when larger groups of people can afford navy/pirate BS with T2 logis or triage (both ISK and ig skill-wise), then it's becoming bit more hairy for the smaller group. And now with skill injectors flying a triage is ez pz. The fact that you don't know what you're doing is still helping the small group, but when the small group fields a pair of triage without being able to combat refit and the large group fields 10... There's no contest, no matter how fast the small group tries to burn the triage down they'll still lose the fight.

This is what bothers me the most, tbh. Few against the many is not really possible anymore (realistically). So that's why I'll likely never activate my subs again. No, you can't have my stuff

Adapt or die TBH, find another way to break them.

As for high-sec...

I briefly played about with ganking miners when Tempests paid out more insurance than they cost. Anyone that messaged me without being a cunt got a refund/refit.

The sociopaths that insist on the right to grief in high-sec are the fucking worst shitstains this game has ever experienced. I used to wardec them, in my solo-corp, literally a one man operation, and they would dock up or jump corps to avoid the threat of one single, half-competent pilot. All the while their bravado and shitposting in local would resume.

I also had the habit of selling Thrashers and Catalysts for 1.5b ISK, or putting buy orders for capitals up at 1,250 ISK but I don't consider that griefing.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Don't mind my ranting, I'm p. sure there are enough nerdy teenagers ready to learn something so niche and to wrap themselves up in it
    People have been talking exactly that kind of shit about lazy entitled rude youths since at least Roman times.

“Our young men have grown slothful. There is not a single honorable occupation for which they will toil night and day. They sing and dance and grow effeminate and curl their hair and learn womanish tricks of speech; they are as languid as women and deck themselves out with unbecoming ornaments. Without strength, without energy, they add nothing during life to the gifts with which they were born — then they complain of their lot.”
    - Seneca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

And with killboards the losers will always be ridiculed and called names -> no one wants to risk losing -> bigger blobs and not taking fights where you don't have the advantage and bailing as soon as you start losing. That is just a result of the toxic "make your opponent stop playing" groupthink of eve, if someone is willing to fight a losing battle for fun, then they get farmed out and camped in stations.

remember when people were saying the "new" sov is brilliant here and promoting small group pvp and now everyone here is saying small group pvp is dead lmao

its even the same people
    Last edited by Fara; February 4 2018 at 05:10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Fuck griefer shitbags who won't play EVE without High-Sec griefing being allowed. Want to cater your game to that scum sucking bagful of online kitten torturers, well, you get what you get, a shitty EVE with a dwindling playerbase and shutdown in it's future.
    The same people who whine about griefers are the same people who will kill Eve Online, they should not be listened to whatsoever and should instead just leave the game and go play [Insert Kid Friendly MMO here], because
    really they do not GET EVE Online and I would be surprised if they ever will.
    Oh I get it. High-Sec Deccers/Griefers will grief till EVE, already niche as can be, is fully dead, and will tolerate no changes that would actually broaden the games appeal and population and lifespan if it infringes upon their kitten torture pass time.

Because, lets be honest, those folks are sociopathic pussies of the worst and most pathetic type. They get off not on an actual accomplishment, they get off on ruining the time of others, specifically unwilling/uninterested/unprepared others incappable of truly fighting back on anything close to a fair footing. This is not how a game population is built. This is how you kill off a game.

Providing a robust, PvE+Lore-centric High-Sec (a smaller High-Sec as well) wouldn't kill a thing. The loss of a few griefers would be more than overcome by new subs and players.

And really, if allowing the killing of helpless unwilling unarmed kittens in high-sec is all that's keeping EVE alive....maybe it's best EVE dies.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alistair again.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    sociopathic pussies?

It's probably me, but that gave me some very curious / disturbing mental images ...
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Is this a real superbowl ad?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. But either way, the answer is no.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    I dare one of you to go to the official forums and Reddit and post your idea about there only being consensual wars and suicide ganking is no longer allowed so the game can get more players. Then report back with how many people said basically, "EVE doesn't need those kinds of players anyways."
    Truth be told besides keeping the lights on, the EvE we loved doesn't really need pve drones who chainspam l4 missions, because those people will never set foot in <0.5.

And EvE relying on these alone to keep the lights on is relying on a few old timers running the marathon. Idk how other people are but Jones gave an example above - married with children = can't really afford a few hours a night waiting for shit to happen. Hell, I'm single and I don't have time for that.

I will always fondly remember falling asleep on the titan with Lord Maldolor's voice putting me into narcolepsy mode but that was years ago.

Truth is less and less people barely have time to live their lives anymore, never mind putting time in video games. As much as unique EvE is.

Basically this, I gave EVE the old college try again a long while ago and put myself in to helping MC push Goons shit in. Whatever the MC accomplished or failed at I had a nominal to non-existent presence in. The reality of me playing EVE again is that I was consistently behind the group due to the jumping changes with carriers. I was forever relocating because my ability to spend time waiting out timers has been eliminated by my emergence in to a career in real life that captures my interest and teaching myself the ins and outs of the effects of electrical transients and electromagnetism on thingamabobs is far more interesting and time consuming. It doesn't allow me to spend a majority of my day after working 8 hours. Tack on social life and owning my own house I was only capable of donating at most two hours or so hours to EVE. The survival or death of EVE won't have to do with the likes of me it will have to do with the loss of recruitment of new blood with more time on their hands. EVE has to many denial of engagement tactics and time sinks inherent in game play mechanics for someone like me to even bother playing. I just can't even.

No you can't have my stuff I already gave it away.

remember when people were saying the "new" sov is brilliant here and promoting small group pvp
    I know you're baiting, but on a serious note it actually is and a lot of us are enjoying the sideshow of "sov warfare" right now in Provi. And this is in a conflict where 600 v 600 is just as common over structures, if that is what you prefer.

If you take the sov fights for what they are, a low-effort entosis event, you can have small groups of frigs and cruisers buzzing around a constellation fighting over control. As long as you avoid the try-hard situations you don't even need to have any skin in the game yourself. Just look at http://timerboard.net/ for an example of what is going on right now. Lots of timers where you could take a small gang and go provoke a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Don't mind my ranting, I'm p. sure there are enough nerdy teenagers ready to learn something so niche and to wrap themselves up in it
    People have been talking exactly that kind of shit about lazy entitled rude youths since at least Roman times.

“Our young men have grown slothful. There is not a single honorable occupation for which they will toil night and day. They sing and dance and grow effeminate and curl their hair and learn womanish tricks of speech; they are as languid as women and deck themselves out with unbecoming ornaments. Without strength, without energy, they add nothing during life to the gifts with which they were born — then they complain of their lot.”
    - Seneca.
    I was actually non sarcastic here. In doubt they'll pick EvE though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    EVE has to many denial of engagement tactics and time sinks inherent in game play mechanics for someone like me to even bother playing. I just can't even.
    Eve can absolutely be enjoyable when you can only play for a couple of hours every other week, given you're in a functioning community with leadership/FCs no-lifing it.

Problem is, as already mentioned - no new players ready to no-life it coming in, and old ones tend to eventually retire.

Thing is also - when very few players are stepping up, players unable to entertain themselves are ready to put up with p. much every disgusting behavior from leadership personas, as long as they continue to no-life it providing content. Which obv. doesnt improve overall community perception.
    Last edited by n0th; February 5 2018 at 10:23:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    remember when people were saying the "new" sov is brilliant here and promoting small group pvp
    I know you're baiting, but on a serious note it actually is and a lot of us are enjoying the sideshow of "sov warfare" right now in Provi. And this is in a conflict where 600 v 600 is just as common over structures, if that is what you prefer.

If you take the sov fights for what they are, a low-effort entosis event, you can have small groups of frigs and cruisers buzzing around a constellation fighting over control. As long as you avoid the try-hard situations you don't even need to have any skin in the game yourself. Just look at http://timerboard.net/ for an example of what is going on right now. Lots of timers where you could take a small gang and go provoke a response.
    So having been inactive, I just heard about the invasion of Provi.

One FHC'er to another, is this a for real we're taking your space thing? Just want to know where all my space ships may be in a month if I log back in, lol.