hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 374 of 376 FirstFirst ... 274324364371372373374375376 LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 7518

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Yeah, the olde guard of EVE constantly shit on the new. Then complain there is no content. Or even worse... they start their own new player organizations that further decrease content. Meanwhile something like 70% of null sec has a NIP. GotG, DRF and half of the South are structure/sov napped. Yeah they can hunt each other's ratters and rorquals. But they isn't warfare. That's just killboard padding.

We're headed to a situation where 2 groups have thousands of supers and hundreds of citadels each. But have no reason or incentive to fight each other. I predict the next year will be the powers that be beating the shit out of the people too dumb to join the herds: TC, Provi, TEST, CO2. Everyone else won't lose a single system. Then 2018 people will be clamoring for the next BR, but Citadels guarantee that won't ever happen again.
    It's too profitable and less stressful to not fight. Easier to just join a bloc, make dank tics and then F1 on the arranged fights. Everyone wants a super and the fastest way is to farm anoms until you do get one. Better not lose it either. Must pimp it the fuck out. Need to farm more. Join an established group with so much support the odds of you losing said super is miniscule. Complain that there is no content nearby. Can't be dropping on those nearby frienemies. We need them as a buffer and safety. Can't instantly teleport across the map anymore. Proceed to bitch about how the game was better before jump fatigue where you could use a super to hot drop that Drake.

No one would bitch about citadels if each timer resulted in great fights to participate in all during that week. But fuck no. That shit doesn't happen. We have batphones and blue ball tactics. Blue ball tactics because you know the enemy numbers, fleet composition, who the FC is, who is backup FC is, who their back up is, logi, the entire fucking setup. Do the math and you know if you will win or lose. So almost everyone blueballs if they think they can't win. And the larger force brought everyone possible because they can. Everyone came because they can come, participate in the fight, and get back home before their home is in danger. Because the timers are so long. Timers that anyone can choose to pick when they come out so if they can't win the timer they set it to some wildly fucked up time to make the enemy set alarm clocks and stuff. The timers should be some log in time average for your alliance or something. But again, those players in charge choosing the 'no fun for anyone' option to punish everyone involved as long as it punishes the enemy a bit more than their own guys. How many different sov system have we gone through where the players used it to select the 'no fun allowed' option? I think it's every fucking one.

Again, old guards in charge who are not going to risk the empire they built so people can have fun. EVE is supposed to be a cold and harsh place, but for fucks sake. It should be fun too.
    Unpopular counterpoint: you can just ignore citadels with coward timers
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I was browsing a /pol/ today and ran across this gem... consider that someone took their time compiling and making this tinfoil hattery. what the actual fuck.

Citadels are getting tweaked in a couple weeks.
    https://community.eveonline.com/news...g-this-august/

tldr - slower bomb rate of fire, smaller AoE and slower (but with same range) neut bombs, more powerful neut bombs but due to RoF decrease the GJ/sec average is down by 25%, more powerful DPS bombs yielding 25% more DPS, and more powerful SML (anti sub-cap) missiles.

Considering the recently discussion here about F1 pushers, I thought the following criticism about void bombs still existing and potentially requiring anchored pilots to manually control their ships to avoid them amusing:

So the survival of your fleet depends on the ability of random F1 monkeys making the right call at the right time. Sounds like an FC's nightmare.
    Last edited by Eli Stan; August 3 2017 at 04:47:17 PM.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    I was browsing a /pol/ today and ran across this gem... consider that someone took their time compiling and making this tinfoil hattery. what the actual fuck.
    No Seth Rich, obvious troll.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    Citadels are getting tweaked in a couple weeks.
    https://community.eveonline.com/news...g-this-august/

tldr - slower bomb rate of fire, smaller AoE and slower (but with same range) neut bombs, more powerful neut bombs but due to RoF decrease the GJ/sec average is down by 25%, more powerful DPS bombs yielding 25% more DPS, and more powerful SML (anti sub-cap) missiles.

Considering the recently discussion here about F1 pushers, I thought the following criticism about void bombs still existing and potentially requiring anchored pilots to manually control their ships to avoid them amusing:

So the survival of your fleet depends on the ability of random F1 monkeys making the right call at the right time. Sounds like an FC's nightmare.
    Amusingly, nothing about timers, which seem to be the main excuse complaint.
    I love Malcanis!

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post

No Seth Rich, obvious troll.
    Obvious dlc is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    So how do you plan getting rid of the old people?
    How is this even a question? The answer is obvious.

Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

War is heating up nicely tho
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post

I love how transparent some of these people are when they are angry. They just want drones. If said drones have free will, they throw a temper tantrum.

Quit yer bitching. The war you wanted has started. Join in or shush.
    I love Malcanis!

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Amusingly, nothing about timers, which seem to be the main excuse complaint.
    The complaint is that you are a man, nay, a completely unrelated to have a soul.

Joined in so I can keep bitching.

Joined in so I can keep bitching.
    That's the EVE spirit!

What war?

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    What war?
    The one we've (INIT., that is) been fighting since Feb 2016 or so has finally escalated. ♥ TEST for shaking things up there.

EDIT Also CO2 and Tri have apparently decided to start shit with the Russians, so you should more correctly ask "which war?"
    Last edited by Malcanis; August 6 2017 at 12:34:12 AM.
    I love Malcanis!

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Those aren't wars. It's conflict, sure, but it's more in line with politional actions.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Those aren't wars. It's conflict, sure, but it's more in line with politional actions.
    Something something by other means something Clauswitz, as you no doubt expected and hoped I would reference. So give us the rest of the post you have queued up already?
    I love Malcanis!

Why is the mach the only bs I see on fleets? That warp speed bonus that important?

Gotta go fast.

Why is the mach the only bs I see on fleets? That warp speed bonus that important?
    The warp speed bonus is nice, but as I understand it the real deal is if you're fighting anywhere near a citadel, then the citadel void bombs mean you will get capped out. Machs can have decent tank and damage even with no cap.

That said, people do use other BS on fleets, especially now that CCP have nerfed pirate BPC drops via anomaly escalations
    I love Malcanis!