hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 370 of 370 FirstFirst ... 270320360367368369370
Results 7,381 to 7,385 of 7385

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    So how common are gatecamps and blobs in nullsec?

Based on all I've read and seen on utub I've been led to believe they're all over the place and that traversing systems is bound to get you killed sooner rather than later.

Yet here I am, a complete nullsec noob roaming around system after system with no hassle at all - heck, the locals even seem friendly most of the time, if a bit skittish.
    Depends on what you're flying and/ or how bored the locals are. I've been hunted just as relentlessly when I got lost in Curse in a 3bil Machariel (and props to the Initiative, they almost had me :3) as I was in a shitfit Kestrel running data sites in bumfuck nowhere, can't even remember where I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess it helps that I fly a covert Tengu travel fitted and bookmark every system I visit, but still...
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    To give an example, groups like CA, Xetic or even BOB would not have been able to be different if circumstances enabling different perceptions and behavioural choices had not allowed it.
    What are you talking about with this statement?

And you want ccp to optimize rag tag fleets? That's your xetic and ascn roots coming through.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

- Journal Entry 13-09#/Jx-011 -

God Damit....

Find my first cate camp and blob, slide through beautifully without getting caught.
    Warp off to an asteroid field and then immediately warp to a structure, not checking what it is (thought it was the station I was headed for).
    Land near an unknown field close enough to de-cloak me and am immediately blapped by the nearby tower....

- End Journal of a NullNoob -
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    To give an example, groups like CA, Xetic or even BOB would not have been able to be different if circumstances enabling different perceptions and behavioural choices had not allowed it.
    What are you talking about with this statement?

And you want ccp to optimize rag tag fleets? That's your xetic and ascn roots coming through.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Bloody hell no. Everything gets a life, everything has to die, for the next thing to get a life. What's dead should stay dead, no need for zombies in EVE. Though we could point out that a lot of big block stuff is very zombie like in its structures :P But that's a different topic alltogether.

It's a simple observation. Organisations once were different in relation to each other. Now they are not (other than brand, flag, internal perception). Malcanis is right to point out that there is an optimisation process at play, I'm pointing out that a) that should not be the only process because b) it's derivative, generated if you will, so a balancing act between such processes is more healthy. Extremes are never good in the long run.

Also c) what Malc calls the optimisation process isn't a natural given for humans, on the contrary.

My opinion (!) is that for likelyhood of different things, shit and fun to happen, it is better to have room for different types of organisation, beliefs, behaviour and connected gameplay as well as different mechanistic and natural / environmental conditions. So not one mold fits all for optimal path to status quo so that there is no room for status quo. Which admittedly might be a bit much, wanting the universe to burn constantly, but that's just me.

To a degree EVE still has the base system of different sections, but this is decreasing. It's the old divide of high / low / null, but that's the extent of it. People now choose the same mold - and thus status quo - because a) this is what rewards and b) what is stimulated by the current design vision. But because there's only pressure on one side of the scale there's really only one basic mold for optimisation - which is what Malc rightly points out as leading to status quo.

A little disclaimer: I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. People can have fun in that. It just strikes me that it ultimately turns EVE into a nicely packaged variant of the ST:O model. I think that's a shame, but I do recognise the benefits for CCP, and for select types of players.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    - Journal Entry 13-09#/Jx-011 -

God Damit....

Find my first cate camp and blob, slide through beautifully without getting caught.
    Warp off to an asteroid field and then immediately warp to a structure, not checking what it is (thought it was the station I was headed for).
    Land near an unknown field close enough to de-cloak me and am immediately blapped by the nearby tower....

- End Journal of a NullNoob -
    Obviously have different overview settings for GTFO and what not, don't warp to moons or structures, but you already knew that

That aside, I'm looking into popping back and see what's what, do a bit of explo, but can't really be bothered as my play time has been severely limited for years now
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015