hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 411 of 424 FirstFirst ... 311361401408409410411412413414421 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 8472

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    A war should not end until one side and all of their allies are pushed all the way back to high sec. Speaking of high sec. Did they ever fix the war dec mechanics there?
    Why? This has literally never been the standard outcome since I've been playing.
    It was the de facto standard for quite a while actually. Drive people to empire, and watch them disperse, or fracture them and subsume parts as renters / pets, even the odd soldier. The practice died pretty much not longer after bob polarised null. Prior to that you had refugee camps in the drones, xetic democratic wannabees in yulai, curse folks holding on to their reality in a single stain system, etc.

Gist of it, at one point conflict was about ideas / ego / emotion / differences. Once it became industrialised that died quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    you should break the will of the opponents to ever log on again. But in doing so they will actually be the victors!
    So we're actually doing this for their benefit ...
    It's not 2004 any more, old man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Shut the fuck up go get grandpa a drink and then listen cause in our days young man ... !

Nurse? Nurse?
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Banned
    To add more detail and follow through from Sacul's post.

Welp, Goons failed in their pos mechanics competency test and forgot that anchoring cyno jammers on reinforced towers are a thing
    thereby meaning no Keepstar reinforcement/kill for them in the near future.

TEST lose a fitted Keepstar sold to them for under market value [100 billion] from former FCON and say they didn't want it anyway while
    claiming that this unfitted Fortizar kill was worthy of the mightiest warriors in Eve.

A few hours later and the first 'Moreau' Fortizar [a forrmer npc conquerable station that was converted this summer] is killed belonging to TEST.

A Keepstar has also been anchored in Providence.
    Last edited by Meester; July 17 2018 at 04:46:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    ...follow through...
    The shitposting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    ...follow through...
    The shitposting thread.
    By now this is THE Eve thread. Yes, most of it is shitposting.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Odd moment. Intern shows up unannounced to say that EVE died.

Not sure which part of this should upset me during work hours.

Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Banned
    HED-GP station destroyed, TEST were unanchoring but the local pirates [Simple Farmers] decided to try and steal it from Vily
    They failed to steal it, with Vily's Rorq getting blown up the hostiles destroyed the wreck before Test could scoop it up again.
    Last edited by Meester; July 18 2018 at 06:28:28 AM.

Blast from the past there. I remember staging out of HED-GP way back, think that was where most Canaris' gila fleets left from.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Banned
    Shits going down in UALX-3 [Tenerifis], Legacy/Imperium versus PL & NC/Winter Coalition/Holy league batling over an anchoring Legacy Keepstar,
    multiple titans engaged.

Servers on fire.

Watched a stream for 2hrs, the good thing was the commentary and those guys being frenemys in years past made me think,

There are no real enemy's just cunts with 21 super/titen accounts logged on at once, then complain about a game moving at 2fps, assuming most losses get replaced by the week, apart from the little guy.

Glad I don't play anymore but still wish they'd fuck off the graphics department and make it more playable, nothings pretty in war.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I made the mistake of being around for the UALX fight. I regret all of my life decisions that have led to this point.

Now bad@botes

I seriously would like a big red button to enable wireframe mode like good old Elite back in the day.

Banned
    It actually went down

https://br.inyour.space/?s=4807&b=81...vvvvvvvvvvvvvb

Sadly not nearly enough titans have died because there was too much lag

I blame it on the subcap fleet
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Plus ca change plus c'est la même chose syndrome? Yeah, there's that, a lot of that. But what do you expect, everything that can be done has been done, and anyone young quickly familiarises with how that has accumulated.

Not much that can be done about that really, there's no fundamental change, just next variant / bigger / more.

That said, I do want wireframe mode. It's ridiculous that all that advanced technology can't even filter out bright suns or blinding explosions :P Put on shades in my pod?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianeces View Post
    I made the mistake of being around for the UALX fight. I regret all of my life decisions that have led to this point.
    I believe you said that at BR aswell? Might be abit late for regret mate.

Look on the bright side, when ever 50+ dudes shoot one dude in a system of 3000 a fuck tonne of people dc because of the time it takes to calculate the dmg, not show it to the 3000 other dudes. Something that was supposed to be taken care of by biab?

Quote Originally Posted by tighten View Post

Look on the bright side, when ever 50+ dudes shoot one dude in a system of 3000 a fuck tonne of people dc because of the time it takes to calculate the dmg, not show it to the 3000 other dudes. Something that was supposed to be taken care of by biab?

I wasn't playing Eve when B-R went down.

Now bad@botes

I had the most fun in B-R with a toon helping with the logistics for the bridging fleets and mid points.

I can't even remember if I managed to whore on anything with the account actually in B-R
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    At least something seems to be happening. Though, what, I don't know. Too long gone I guess ...

I do remember the good old days when wars were about more than just numbers, some of the failcascades were a wonder to behold: ohhh, the tears, the sweet salty tears ...

(also smacktalk ... lots and lots of smacktalk everywhere ... where have the egos gone?)
    When did you last play the game?

Some ego's of note (mostly found on Twitch):

-Progodlegend (PGL), TAPI (Test alliance)
    -Dabigredboat (DBRB), Imperium (Goon)
    -KillaBee, NC
    -BjornBee, NC (with one out of alliance char doing his free for all fleets and solo stuff)
    -Ashur, Imperium
    -Judy Mikaka, NC (Kugu 2.0)
    -Grath Talkin, Pandemic legion
    -Vily, Test

Behind the scenes:
    -The Mittani, Imperium
    -Vince Draken, NC. (The pingmaster (pls somebody remove his irc ping button)

I am sure i forgot about tons of people but that is what i can think of in a minute in my eve bubble (NC).

I was at UAX and shot the keepstar for over 2 hours without getting on the killmail until i finally died at 6 am, took a nap for one hour and got to work.
    In UAX there are a massive amount of caps of all sizes logged off. When i logged back on in system, in a pod, 11 hours later, the chinese (Fraternity) were still fighting the baddies.
    Test anchored keepstar nr. 3 in system.
    Getting all those caps out will take a bit of work. Some retard logged in his titan 6 hours after the battle ended and quickly got hazed. Seeing as Test/Goon held the field its assumed they looted about 500b. When i logged back with my pod there were over a dozen mobile depots at grid (you can shoot them and they will have a timer like a pos/station but you can still take stuff out if its yours).

Was not fun fighting in there. CCP Falcon was live on the Imperium Twitch who actually said, and i parafrase, 'The node is holding so its going pretty well from ccp's view'.
    1 or 2 FPS, 10% TIDI, desync and disconnect galore (all in full potato mode)........'its going pretty well'
    Last edited by Sacul; July 21 2018 at 01:59:03 AM.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by tighten View Post

I wasn't playing Eve when B-R went down.
    Scrub

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    When i logged back with my pod
    Look on the bright side. You had your pod.

One of my cyno alts didn't have that luck. Still can't log in, as he got killed, and podded, but somehow that never got transferred to his clone ....

Floating in limbo still.