hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 419 of 419 FirstFirst ... 319369409416417418419
Results 8,361 to 8,379 of 8379

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slot777 View Post
    This battle was so awesome!
    Tbh it wasn’t, really. For me it was a 12 hour lag fest that lasted a whole night with work on the next morning waiting for me.

It was one of those ‚I was there‘ things ( ) that a couple of will remember in 5 years with rose tinted glasses, but all in all it was a life draining experience that requires a masochist trait in our personality in order to make it endurable.

See you next week.
    It actually wasn't much fun indeed. It seems both my fax and carrier survived, fax in 97% hull. Both randomly crashed after about 2 hours into the fight. I spend 6 more hours trying to log in. Fell asleep twice. Went to bed, late at work, came home 10 hours later and apparantly we killed 5 more Nyx after downtime in system.
    I still am not sure who really won or lost. Do we count kb in this case? Number of titans, supers? strategic goal? Hours lost at login screen? The harvested tears? In any case i, nc, would say we lost.
    Next timer wednesday, assume the KS will die but we are going to make it as costly as we can.

What i still want to know is why the server took a massive dump just before the op started. Massive disconnect and we thought the node got reshuffled, lots of login problems ever since then to downtime (both sides).
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

2010 was probably the last chance that CCP had to repurpose Titans into something other than "super double doomcock dreadnaught".
    And then they added faction titans.
    Right?

When they first trailed those, I stopped even bothering to suggest titan nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    What i still want to know is why the server took a massive dump just before the op started. Massive disconnect and we thought the node got reshuffled, lots of login problems ever since then to downtime (both sides).
    We know why that happened. CCP outright sstated that it was a DDoS attack.
    I love Malcanis!

CCP never lies, just like lallante

Yeah OK, it was elves

grrr elves hat elves
    I love Malcanis!

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    lallante is an elf?
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

On a single node instead of the entire cluster? That seems unlikely.

More likely is just they forgot to stick x47 on a reinforced node and figured this out like an hour before the timer so they figured they'd blame a DDOS and quick reboot the system on the correct node.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

More likely is just they forgot to stick x47 on a reinforced node and figured this out like an hour before the timer so they figured they'd blame a DDOS and quick reboot the system on the correct node.
    Aren’t the stressed nodes the most likely ones to die first when a ddos hits?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post

That would require that the login servers let the ddos bleed into the nodes, should cause global login issues way before a node even sees a byte of ddos traffic, but CCP gonna CCP...

Disconnects were happening like crazy in 6RC before the fight even started
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post

That would require that the login servers let the ddos bleed into the nodes, should cause global login issues way before a node even sees a byte of ddos traffic, but CCP gonna CCP...
    Don't forget that you don't connect to the actual nodes. You connect to proxy servers. Which are all part of the login server cluster.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Here, have some fun during lunch. Since most of everyone seems to have missed it ...

Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Meanwhile the war of southern aggression continues to entertain. I would never have enough thought of attacking a muninn fleet with bombers, but here we are.
    I love Malcanis!

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Here, have some fun during lunch. Since most of everyone seems to have missed it ...

Great video, as always. The rage on twitter related to this from some characters is also entertaining (also mindboggling).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Yes well, Fulcrum *is* coming. So in spite of all that rage, they better prepare ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Great video, as always. The rage on twitter related to this from some characters is also entertaining (also mindboggling).
    I am prolly a dumb fuck but isnt that vid a history of the chinese server and sometimes a cross over to ours.......Is it real or fiction? I think i watched 60%, skimmed a bit, the voice over made me snooz.

I was just confused by the cross over asking for help.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Is it real or fiction? [...]

It is true. Told from a subjective point of view, but generally true.

The voice is Lord Maldoror who made some very good videos about the adventures of the TQ alliance Rooks & Kings (search for Clarion Call on youtube). R&K is an alliance that had its roots in Great Wildlands, originating out of the old NRDS alliance FOUNDATION (although their interpetation of NRDS were always... more like a guideline) and are credited as inventors of famous eve tactics like for example pipe bombing (and many more).

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

I am prolly a dumb fuck but isnt that vid a history of the chinese server and sometimes a cross over to ours.......Is it real or fiction? I think i watched 60%, skimmed a bit, the voice over made me snooz.

Confirmed df

Idk, I enjoy the voice, it's >90% of what makes the RnK videos special (to me).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.