hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 387 of 424 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 8464

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Yesterday evening I was sitting in the barbers waiting for my haircut, and for some reason I got thinking about eve. Ended up checking the killboards of old corp mates, (some were still active which surprised me), thinking about the fleets I remembered etc. Had a pretty nice little nostalgic trip down memory lane for the game I definitely invested the most time in. Thought about my time in hisec, npc nullsec, first time my alliance took sov with help from nulli, time spent in stain, stints in lowsec and the few months I spent in FW etc.

I always remember how odd it felt that in such a dynamic game the one constant was sec status. There was no fluidity in lowsec/hisec/nullsec boundaries. That seems a massive shame to me, a hugely missed opportunity. I think an introduction of variable sec boundaries which could be somewhat influence by players would be the one thing to get me back into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Last (AFAIK) event were the ones where it all ended by running hisec bears through 20-odd 90% tidi jumps in hisec and then into a major 0.0 staging system to reach a interactive event plex, where the about 10 null players that actually got there then won it for the pirates and ccp went "oh, that wasn't supposed to happen, what now..."?
    No the last one was Rogue Swarm blabla event plexes thats maybe even still running, in which for the first few days you'd run around checking out these for ok profit and/or comparatively low-effort smallscale pew, and it would work out pretty nice. After a few days of course noone cares about the rewards anymore and the whole dynamic dies down.

I always remember how after leaving hisec for good any jump into a 0.5 and above would make me scared shitless, even more than any heart pumping PvP engagement.

I miss the thrills of solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Fuck griefer shitbags who won't play EVE without High-Sec griefing being allowed. Want to cater your game to that scum sucking bagful of online kitten torturers, well, you get what you get, a shitty EVE with a dwindling playerbase and shutdown in it's future.
    The same people who whine about griefers are the same people who will kill Eve Online, they should not be listened to whatsoever and should instead just leave the game and go play [Insert Kid Friendly MMO here], because
    really they do not GET EVE Online and I would be surprised if they ever will.
    Oh I get it. High-Sec Deccers/Griefers will grief till EVE, already niche as can be, is fully dead, and will tolerate no changes that would actually broaden the games appeal and population and lifespan if it infringes upon their kitten torture pass time.

Because, lets be honest, those folks are sociopathic pussies of the worst and most pathetic type. They get off not on an actual accomplishment, they get off on ruining the time of others, specifically unwilling/uninterested/unprepared others incappable of truly fighting back on anything close to a fair footing. This is not how a game population is built. This is how you kill off a game.

Providing a robust, PvE+Lore-centric High-Sec (a smaller High-Sec as well) wouldn't kill a thing. The loss of a few griefers would be more than overcome by new subs and players.

And really, if allowing the killing of helpless unwilling unarmed kittens in high-sec is all that's keeping EVE alive....maybe it's best EVE dies.

Is high sec greifing nearly as bad as it used to be? I remember terrorizing miners in high sec with gank Catalysts back in 2010-2012. Hell just look at Zkill most Hulks these days are dying in nullsec not high.

The problem with EVE is that it is not attracting young players. Forget "new", you need younger people who can plow hours into this game. Because this game takes hours of planning/prep in order to create that single badass 1 hour fight. That will never change. And while we used to be so PROUD that EVE had the highest average age of all MMOs, that is turning to detriment as the people EVE relies on for content are a bit busy with work, wife, kids, life.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Is high sec greifing nearly as bad as it used to be? I remember terrorizing miners in high sec with gank Catalysts back in 2010-2012. Hell just look at Zkill most Hulks these days are dying in nullsec not high.

The problem with EVE is that it is not attracting young players. Forget "new", you need younger people who can plow hours into this game. Because this game takes hours of planning/prep in order to create that single badass 1 hour fight. That will never change. And while we used to be so PROUD that EVE had the highest average age of all MMOs, that is turning to detriment as the people EVE relies on for content are a bit busy with work, wife, kids, life.
    Not only that, but the already entrenched old alliances and corps need to be willing to give these younger players the ability to contribute/plan/prep for that badass 1 hour fight. Are they willing to give up their power and influence in the game to these newer, younger players? When they have so much to lose for what they have built over the past years? Or would they rather just sit in the blue donut and get fat meanwhile feeding the mass followers still playing the odd remedial "battle"? Just enough to keep them from getting bored and unsubbing.

/facepalm

If you think EVE is best served by the "Epic (Time Dilated) 1 Hour (Structure Fight) Battle" that requires 4 days of prep.......you're part of the problem killing EVE's future.

Along with the aforementioned changes, shifting the focus from "1,000 vs. 1,000 on unplayable servers requiring days of planning", it should shift to smaller, less manpower intensive, combat focus.

EVE is really a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    The same people who whine about griefers are the same people who will kill Eve Online, they should not be listened to whatsoever and should instead just leave the game and go play [Insert Kid Friendly MMO here], because
    "Your thoughts don't count" is probably the single worst mindset that can occur in a community. People are putting their time and energy into the game and the community, which is what gives the community life. Even if we don't always agree with their viewpoints, if people are having a serious go of it (and aren't just trolling) then it's important that we listen to them and include them.

Otherwise if we tell them to leave they will. And then the next group will get shut out and told to leave.
    Thoughts do count but if you go into ice hockey and demand it be turned into baseball then I am sorry but those people are clearly not getting the picture.

It is not CCP's lack of willingness to cater to the munchkins that is hurting eve, it is their lack of willingness to cater to the demographic that IS attracted to eve.
    CCP are trying to be too big for their boots, without the original ideals of eve and a willingness to continue to cater to them [advertising etc] then they will continue to
    play their fiddle while Rome burns.

Id rather see two eve servers than compromise on the villainous aspect of eve. Let these 'griefer' haters have their own server. But it won't be the same I guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    /facepalm

If you think EVE is best served by the "Epic (Time Dilated) 1 Hour (Structure Fight) Battle" that requires 4 days of prep.......you're part of the problem killing EVE's future.

Along with the aforementioned changes, shifting the focus from "1,000 vs. 1,000 on unplayable servers requiring days of planning", it should shift to smaller, less manpower intensive, combat focus.

EVE is really a lost cause.
    Was just using jones's quote. Have only ever been in small corp (excepting stints in RvB) and those generally have had long sessions of prep/roaming/efting also. Some idea's were even evolving over a period of a cpl of years. It isn't just a requirement for tidiepicblobfests. Lots of stuff in EVE takes time, prep and the power/influence to actually put it into action. Otherwise you have this really cool idea with no way to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    "Your thoughts don't count" is probably the single worst mindset that can occur in a community. People are putting their time and energy into the game and the community, which is what gives the community life. Even if we don't always agree with their viewpoints, if people are having a serious go of it (and aren't just trolling) then it's important that we listen to them and include them.

Otherwise if we tell them to leave they will. And then the next group will get shut out and told to leave.
    Thoughts do count but if you go into ice hockey and demand it be turned into baseball then I am sorry but those people are clearly not getting the picture.

It is not CCP's lack of willingness to cater to the munchkins that is hurting eve, it is their lack of willingness to cater to the demographic that IS attracted to eve.
    CCP are trying to be too big for their boots, without the original ideals of eve and a willingness to continue to cater to them [advertising etc] then they will continue to
    play their fiddle while Rome burns.

Id rather see two eve servers than compromise on the villainous aspect of eve. Let these 'griefer' haters have their own server. But it won't be the same I guarantee.
    So better to let EVE die by player starvation than to stop people whose only play style is torturing kittens. Because something something original intent villains are cool?

Mate, High-Sec griefers aren't "villains", they're the gaming version of sociopathic mass shooters. People whose pleasure is derived directly from the displeasure of others, compounded by the others being unable to fight back.

You'd let EVE die to retain that? Hate to break it to you, but 'advertising' to griefers will not save EVE mate.

It's amazing that you're unable to understand the dynamics here. MMO's need places for players to be safe from grief and engage in casual or hardcore PvE. Doesn;t mean the whole game has to be that way, and EVE would retain the vast majority of systems as effectively lawless when it comes to nonconsentual PvP.

But no, the bridge you want to die on is high-sec link scam spammers, PvE Corp Stalker War-Dec Spammers, and Kitten Torturers. Cold and dark, harden the fuck up, noobs not wanted, fuck off and desub.

Best of luck with that.

I don't think I'm a sociopath, yet I took part in quite a bit of high sec ganking. I mean, if CCP gives me the capability to blow up a 200m Exhumer with a couple 5m destroyers why shouldn't I? I don't think you'll find anyone here defending the old join corp/fleet to gank shit or that weird ass Erotica bonus room nonsense. I'm actually open to a true high sec area where ganking/non-consensual PVP is near impossible. But I don't think that's the problem with EVE.

Spending hours in this game isn't related to just tidi fights. I spent the prime of my EVE career running a corp/alliance/FCing in mid to top tier low sec groups. It's time consuming and mentally draining to do this task. I gladly did it back in my 20s. I was either unemployed or well employed and single. Spare time was aplenty. But the thought of playing EVE now is nearly alien to me. I'm married with kids. My gaming times these days is 4 hour marathon sessions maybe once every 2 weeks or 30-45 minutes before work. Guess what game is pretty much impossible to play that way? EVE. So I play PUBG or random single player games. PUBG will die before EVE, but I'll just jump on the "next big thing" that I can play 30 minutes at a time.

EVE needs young blood. But young blood isn't into MMOs anymore. They want F2P with microtransactions and instant action. No one wants to roam 30 jumps without a kill. No one want to sit on a titan for an hour. No one wants to grind hours of PVE to fit a ship that gets gank in 30 seconds.

I don't have the answer. I don't think EVE is dying. But I do think EVE peaked, with all MMOs, prior to the rise of MOBAs and BR games. A generation of gamers raised on mobile games and we think a PVE revamp will recapture their attention?

I don't think I'm a sociopath, yet I took part in quite a bit of high sec ganking. I mean, if CCP gives me the capability to blow up a 200m Exhumer with a couple 5m destroyers why shouldn't I?
    Objectively, because your brief flirtation with kicking disabled children to death can and does cause Desub, depopulation and eventual death of the game itself.

I don't think you'll find anyone here defending the old join corp/fleet to gank shit or that weird ass Erotica bonus room nonsense.
    Oh, I'm sure we can find at least one defender of nearly any abuse here at FHC.

I'm actually open to a true high sec area where ganking/non-consensual PVP is near impossible. But I don't think that's the problem with EVE.
    That's a start.

Spending hours in this game isn't related to just tidi fights. I spent the prime of my EVE career running a corp/alliance/FCing in mid to top tier low sec groups. It's time consuming and mentally draining to do this task. I gladly did it back in my 20s. I was either unemployed or well employed and single. Spare time was aplenty. But the thought of playing EVE now is nearly alien to me. I'm married with kids. My gaming times these days is 4 hour marathon sessions maybe once every 2 weeks or 30-45 minutes before work. Guess what game is pretty much impossible to play that way? EVE. So I play PUBG or random single player games. PUBG will die before EVE, but I'll just jump on the "next big thing" that I can play 30 minutes at a time.
    Yes, MMO's love (and are backboned) by young, obsessive, lengthy-play-session kids.

MMO's obtain large, healthy, populations by also catering to older, shorter-play-session, casual players who lack the time/abillity to partake in 4 days of prep to do anything enjoyable.

EVE needs young blood. But young blood isn't into MMOs anymore. They want F2P with microtransactions and instant action.

No one wants to roam 30 jumps without a kill. No one want to sit on a titan for an hour. No one wants to grind hours of PVE to fit a ship that gets gank in 30 seconds.
    This is very on point. In point of fact, the games that finally got me to stop logging in to EVE.....was World of Tanks. Instant, constant, combat action. No waiting. No endless roaming for minimal/no targets. No wasted time. 15 min in, and out, and done.

I don't have the answer. I don't think EVE is dying. But I do think EVE peaked, with all MMOs, prior to the rise of MOBAs and BR games. A generation of gamers raised on mobile games and we think a PVE revamp will recapture their attention?
    You might be right. CCP has made errors all along, partly why WoW still has what, 8 million active subs and EVE has what, 30k, lol.

But think about this: If EVE started advertising in the U.S. in a meaningful way (large, untapped player base of wealthy players), restricted high-sec to PvE, opening up lots of casual gameplay options, developed PvE to be at the least more broad/expansive, some of the follow on effects would also help. Like lots of casual high-sec miners pewing away on mins bringing ship hull costs down. Cheaper ships, lower cost of PvP, more PvP.

Be assured, 200 mil. isk hulls do not foster risk and bravery. EVE's economy IS part of the problem. In a game where losses are real, people will turtle and hide and avoid fights all the time to avoid the cost, the logistics, etc.

It's all just food for thought. Last thing I want is EVE to die off. It's my own longest played/subbed game, and I'm still subbed today, albeit inactive/Skilltraining Online.

But even so, a new PvE expereince, cheaper ships and more targets about might get me to come back. Nullsec wars will never get me to come back.

High sec... oh man. I tried making suggestions for both missions and changing how war works. Let me tell you the sooner CCP stops listening to the vocal minority the better off they will be. Fact is the vocal minority (those who are active on forums) do not like change. Deep down they only want to bitch about things. And if you come along and make suggestions on how to fix things and make things better they shit all over you. "Fuck you and your change to make things better!" They despise you if you manage to get the attention of CCP and will go to great lengths to derail threads, vilify you and anything else they possibly can. I know some FHC posters here have been on the CSM, but that has always been hit or miss with mostly misses. People get voted there from alliances with the intent to gain inside knowledge - not to help CCP improve the game. Again, there have been a few diamonds inthe rough, but mostly been disappointment.

The game attracts the worst kinds of players. The kind that normally would be banned from other games. So this game is the only one left that puts up with their shit. So if you want to suggest CCP make changes to scoop out the kitty poop from the sandbox they will fight you in real life if they could to keep it the way it is. They flood the forums with fear mongering how it's a slippery slope fallacies of all kinds. It's really fucked up.

There is loads of great ideas out there and they don't come from the popular faces of null sec. CCP just needs to listen to them for a change and despite the ocean of tears from the vocal minority - make the changes needed. And for fucks sake don't balk or walk it back when the null babies throw tantrums. God damn this game could be really fucking amazing if CCP would just grow some balls and some of these changes despite these old fucks who don't like changes.

Ultimately, despite everything. The current state of the game is exactly what the players deserve. There has been countless opportunity to use the current tools to make amazing content for all. But no, they are too cowardly and care more about dank tics than risk anything. No different that some FPS game where both sides pick all snipers and then sit hiding on opposite ends for the whole match and complain when nothing happened and it is a draw. They would soon take the forums and do personal attacks on each other not holding back and respecting any boundaries of any kind. Sure, not all players are that kind of scum, but that kind of scum is what gets all the attention from all outlets. No wonder despite the game being free - it still bleeds players.

A generation of gamers raised on mobile games and we think a PVE revamp will recapture their attention?
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

And you know what? It's not that most 20smth people today don't have the time to put in something as complex as EvE, they don't have the willingness to do it, because anything that's more complicated than "point crosshair and press LMB" and their brains BSOD. And I'm not a rose tinted glasses person, but I've had met (too many) early 20 people and spent time with them (too much time imho) and they're vertigo inducing just from all the mental aerobatics they're trying to do and fail to tie up any threads of thought they start. It's mind numbing and the amazing thing is that they have incredibly more information at their fingertips and the brains to process it all but the attention span of houseflies.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Oh fuck off cosmin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I'd resub in a goddamn second if high sec allowed for enjoyable pvp, rather than making it safer. My fondest moments of EVE was circa 2006-7 when I was brand new, had a less than 10 man corp, and we would wardec much larger alliances or corps than us... I get that was a niche since the majority of highsec wars at the time were blanket wardecs (privateers, ect) but the ability to pick a target and go after it without every other asshat in local getting involved was enjoyable to me. Maybe it was just the time as well, but it seemed highsec groups were likely to engage in half-assed coordinated groups. Mix that gameplay with can flipping, trade hub station games, and various other mechanic fuckery (something my corp invented in '09 or so which we labelled "fishing") allowed for semi enjoyable highsec gameplay (for me at least) with little time investment.

I didn't do my first suicide gank until waaaaay later... and it was extremely boring gameplay and I don't think anyone would shed a tear if it disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

EVE needs young blood. But young blood isn't into MMOs anymore. They want F2P with microtransactions and instant action. No one wants to roam 30 jumps without a kill. No one want to sit on a titan for an hour. No one wants to grind hours of PVE to fit a ship that gets gank in 30 seconds.

My point exactly. CCP has p.much installed F2P with microtransactions though, and you could see FW frigate pvp as "instant action" (by eve standards anyway). So CCP does try to salvage whats left to salvage.

I justjust want to know if any of you are subbed /playing the game ?

Because as much as you want to frame it , eve is on par with albion /darkfall and some other hardcore pvp games , is a niche market and I don't really think it is in that bad of a shape.

Fuck I even was on the horde keepstar figth and I liked it the timer was a pita but that can be fixed.

Enviado do meu SM-G900F através do Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    I am playing and I got quite a few accounts subbed. I wasn't at the keepstar final timer because I am a responsible adult and went to bed early. No, I didn't fall asleep on the couch, didn't happen.

I agree, the game is in a pretty good state if you look at player activity. Yet, CCP needs to adjust the mechanics, because 0.0 has become a bit stale if you look at the big picture and it's nigh on impossible to change that from a player perspective, since every major engagement (like the keepstar timer) will play out with a whimper and not with a bang. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    I semi-accidentially blapped a Bifrost in my HAW Nag in Passari earlier this week. Jumped in p. much right the second when he booshed some poor newbie in a half-fit Raven off of station undock, couldnt save the newbie unfortunately.

Also unironically solo roamed a couple of jumps through calgal FW Lowsec (maybe 40 minutes total), killed a faggot beacon camper Curse before his friends could point me. Feels good.
    Last edited by n0th; February 1 2018 at 11:45:04 AM.