hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 385 of 424 FirstFirst ... 285335375382383384385386387388395 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 8464

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

EVE is in desperate need of a major content boost/expansion for PvE/High-sec Content in order to help revive the flagging player population and bring new people into the game, even if those people stay lifelong high-sec carebears.

EVE could be a great game full of life.....if it wasn't being designed to satisfy the very small minority of potential players obsessed with Null Sec 1,000 man fights. It has one of the best backstory/lore around, if only CCP were semi-competant, ever finished anything they started, and cared about building the population instead of chasing them away. Also wouldn't hurt to try and be a little less Euro-centric, the U.S. has the largest western game playing population, yet has always been an afterthought to CCP and EVE in general.

The best thing that could happen to EVE is being bought out by Blizzard.

Confirm/Deny?

We now bring you back to your regularly scheduled discussion of elite nullsec war stuff ~5% of an already very niche low-population game cares about.

CCP has a pretty large stack of ex-players who should be considered low hanging fruit for re-acquisition in my opinion.

It does seem increasingly like any game changing decisions completely ignore ideas that would bring those player back though. Having a cursory glance through Eve related stuff I hardly see anything which would attract me back to the game. Just about everything is capital/super-capital/nullsec structure focused.

I'd imagine a basic FW/low sec rework aimed at grabbing returning players would be a positive PR move for CCP with likely minimal investment needed. Nullsec can take a back seat, it's killing their marketing by still being an appeal to the 'hardcore' eve player. If I have any sort of influence or vested interest in Eve surviving I'd be begging them to do something to appeal to 'casual' gamers.

Focus on the basics: persistent universe with spaceships and real losses.

And then maybe fix the resource economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Making supers take gates only is retarded for several reasons but hilarity may ensue. Even in large cruiser roams there are gate bumps when warping to zero, imagine just ten titans doing it then suddenly starbursting @10km/s.
    I don't need to imagine it, it's very real. Moving a couple of dozen titans via gate is... rather annoying. And you can spam jump while landing on the gate as much as you can, but some titans _will_ bump here and there.

It's a bit like that, just different mechanics:

good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    EVE is in desperate need of a major content boost/expansion for PvE/High-sec Content in order to help revive the flagging player population and bring new people into the game, even if those people stay lifelong high-sec carebears.

EVE could be a great game full of life.....if it wasn't being designed to satisfy the very small minority of potential players obsessed with Null Sec 1,000 man fights. It has one of the best backstory/lore around, if only CCP were semi-competant, ever finished anything they started, and cared about building the population instead of chasing them away. Also wouldn't hurt to try and be a little less Euro-centric, the U.S. has the largest western game playing population, yet has always been an afterthought to CCP and EVE in general.

Confirm/Deny?

We now bring you back to your regularly scheduled discussion of elite nullsec war stuff ~5% of an already very niche low-population game cares about.
    Why would you think that CCP are remotely capable of making entertaining, attractive PvE at this stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Confirm/Deny?

Why would you think that CCP are remotely capable of making entertaining, attractive PvE at this stage?
    I don't.

Like I said, best thing that could happen to EVE is being sold off to a competent developer with a track record of enjoyable PvE content and player population building.

EVE could be so much more, so much better, than it is. It's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Confirm/Deny?

I don't.

Like I said, best thing that could happen to EVE is being sold off to a competent developer with a track record of enjoyable PvE content and player population building.

EVE could be so much more, so much better, than it is. It's just sad.
    When people suggest this I am always curious who they think this mythical software house is. Because aside from Blizzard there really isn't anyone with a good* track record

*unless you consider asian mmo gold fests as good.

good luck selling anything with as toxic userbase as eve.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    good luck selling anything with as toxic userbase as eve.
    The user base is toxic because the game has consistently been developed to cater to the most toxic people possible.

Lets be honest, EVE is not, nor has it ever, been an open, welcoming game. It COULD have been, and could be still. But it's not.

What these toxic folks keep forgetting (or simply don't understand) is that their way will always be an exceptionally limited niche.

But they could have their way, and more of it, if the game itself catered more to the general player, the more casual gamer. Some of them would inevitably join the "endgame".

But to have the kind of population EVE needs to thrive, it needs a robust, enjoyable, PvE experience. And one where players can opt out of PvP if they so wish, within limits.

The PvE content I leave to others, but the "avoid PvP' is I think easy. Contract high-sec, and ban non consensual PvP in High Sec.

EVE's toxic players would scream bloody murder, but so what.

High-Sec Wars could still occur, but would need to be mutual.

Low-Sec, still Free For all with NPC intervention.

Null is Null.

Players who truly just want to play spaceships vs. bots and PvE would have what they always wanted, but at the greatly reduced rewards of High-Sec. No griefing, no getting Decc'd by huge Alliances looking to grief, no more stupid high-sec tricks by toxic dicks who get off on one-sided griefing.

But they're gameplay isn't gone. They'd simply have to do it where the sheep might fight back, in low-sec. As legit pirates.

EVE's biggest mistake was catering High-Sec not to PvE players, but to griefers. It's limited EVE since day one, and always will.

High-Sec should be all about PvE, Lore, and farming player population for the game. Thats it. Low and Null can be all about the rest.

But it'll never happen, and EVE will continue to decline and distill down to even less the rather empty experience it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Toss-up question to the group: would the game be better if supercaps were just eliminated entirely? (We'll handwave jump portals for the moment)
    Yes or at least until CCP add some game mechanics to make taking them down easier/make them vulnerable while being built.

Im more in favour of stopping them being built until CCP comes up wit a solution i.e nevah [probably].

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    CCP has a pretty large stack of ex-players who should be considered low hanging fruit for re-acquisition in my opinion.

It does seem increasingly like any game changing decisions completely ignore ideas that would bring those player back though. Having a cursory glance through Eve related stuff I hardly see anything which would attract me back to the game. Just about everything is capital/super-capital/nullsec structure focused.

I'd imagine a basic FW/low sec rework aimed at grabbing returning players would be a positive PR move for CCP with likely minimal investment needed. Nullsec can take a back seat, it's killing their marketing by still being an appeal to the 'hardcore' eve player. If I have any sort of influence or vested interest in Eve surviving I'd be begging them to do something to appeal to 'casual' gamers.

Focus on the basics: persistent universe with spaceships and real losses.

And then maybe fix the resource economy.
    Agreed that CCP is losing the focus on what eve is. Vets will return if a healthy game is there anyway.
    Most of the major alliances only want things balanced in their favour anyway, not for anyone else.
    Which is why the CSM with alliance 'personalities' should be taken with a [p]inch of salt.

I don't think citadels are bad but they can be better at least in regards to warfare, none of this asset safety
    stuff, CCP can easily[?] transfer assets to npc stations in high/low for various offline players.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    I'm kinda missing Oveur en old Kieron now. Fun memories of telling them that Titans on introduction were just another force multiplier like battleships subject to economics of scale. Hilariously venemous reactions :P The blasphemy :P Then again, Oveur never understood anything of economics. Or anything other than the word "awesome" actually.
    Good ole Oveur is stuck as Eternal Crusade leader [probably still is?] trying to clear up their mess [How ironic, to be a victim of awesome himself] after the fact. He didn't run any Icelandic banks did he?

Despite all the complaining about 6000 lag, Tri/Frat are having a perfectly decent war with the DRF without having to butt heads with any Keepstar, though I get that KeepStar proliferation will be a problem in the [near] future.
    Last edited by Meester; January 30 2018 at 12:10:00 AM.

Tri attempted to kill the Solar Keepstar about two months ago and they have been fighting over their own since last week, it was put into first reinforced last night. So I am not sure what you mean when you say they’re fighting a war without keepstars?

I always wanted low sec and hisec borders to be dynamic, factions vs pirate entities battling for control and concord operating in the safer areas with higher sec status. That alone would be a good new environment for pve. Missions based around the struggle in the lowsec border areas, supply running to forward outposts, fighting over strategic structures etc.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

What do you want done though?
    Another FW overhaul, when CCP is clearly struggling w/ ressources to get anything done at all right now?

Lowsec seems already the place to be for (relatively) low-effort pew, to the point where i, initiator of the "lowseccers = half-humans" meme am considering a closer look. 0.0 seriously a shitshow currently for anything that isnt carebearing or ping-formup-shitpost in local-maybe f1 type content in large fleets.

I agree that eve could do with proper PvE, it isnt gonna happen though.

My stance here has always been - make PvE more like PvP. Give rats tackle, ewar, rr, ability to warp off etc. Suddenly even the carebeariest highsec dweller is fitting tackle and propmod and generally knows about game mechanics.

Burner Missions have sorta kinda been a step in that direction, as well as (i think) besieged plexes

But again, why the fuck would CCP care when they're pretty obviously keeping eve on life support to the point where they're now going with industry standard f2p bullshit.

The PvE content I leave to others, but the "avoid PvP' is I think easy. Contract high-sec, and ban non consensual PvP in High Sec.
    Lets for a second assume that you're not trolling. Lets also ignore the part where this change would alienate a significant part of the playerbase, UO Trammel, eve identity etc. etc. etc.

How is banning non-consensual PvP per se going to improve anything?

Highsec PvE still dogshit "bring 10 rats" type quests left over from pretty much 2003, with an option to eventually transition to very shitty raid-type group-PvE.
    Only thing to really change would be demand for bling modules going down.

Why would anyone new come in and pay subscription for this shit in TYOOL, when the MMO genre as a whole has peaked couple years back and is going downhill?
    Last edited by n0th; January 30 2018 at 09:39:07 AM.

CCP was on the right path with Phoebe and slowing down how fast ships can transverse the map depending on size and firepower. Then for reasons that still baffle me, they did a complete 180 with how long it takes to kill citadels. So this will still be true:

Spoiler:

but but you finally got destructive stations that everyone* has been whining for years, you should be happy!

*) the few loud forum spammers

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Lets for a second assume that you're not trolling. Lets also ignore the part where this change would alienate a significant part of the playerbase, UO Trammel, eve identity etc. etc. etc.
    Not trolling at all.

Fuck griefer shitbags who won't play EVE without High-Sec griefing being allowed. Want to cater your game to that scum sucking bagful of online kitten torturers, well, you get what you get, a shitty EVE with a dwindling playerbase and shutdown in it's future.

Griefer can still grief, they would just have to do it someplace more dangerous against targets that fight back. If that makes them quit EVE, good, fuck um. I'd rather have 10,000 new High-Sec PvE'ers than 100 High-Sec Griefers.

How is banning non-consensual PvP per se going to improve anything?
    Banned in High-Sec only. What it provides is a place for dedicated PvE'ers to play EVE without being griefed, wardecced or kitten tortured till they desub.

If you don't understand why that would be good for EVE's longterm health as a game, you sir are a part of the problem that is driving EVE into ultra-niche product.

Why would anyone new come in and pay subscription for this shit in TYOOL, when the MMO genre as a whole has peaked couple years back and is going downhill?
    Because gamers, free or sub, will play engaging entertaining lore-filled space ship content if even a modicrum of development effort goes into it. EVE PvE has been stagnant for a decade, especially in High-Sec. Casual content, engaging PvE, and at least some area where players can play and be safe from grief/PvP is a mandatory part of an any workable MMO Universe.

Buit as you say, the entrenched griefer community would riot, Nullseccers (who live in the safest of all space) would whine about any development not directed at Null, and CCP (who at their heart are as vile and toxic as their players) would give in.

EVE is a dead game walking, and it's death is self-inflicted.

I only hope some day another game takes what was great about EVE, and actually builds that into a real, full fledged, MMO experience. Maybe the next game won't ignore the North American gamer market too.
    Last edited by Alistair; January 30 2018 at 02:21:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
      Spoiler:
    While I often disagree with you Marlona, I fully agree to the statement in the linked picture. The moment we put the keepstar - which is the biggest single item of alliance wide logistics in the game - of a major party of the North in reinforced and they (and us from the South) had one week time to assemble their defense (and our offense), it was clear for all parties from the beginning that this was gonna be a potentially server crushing event, hence there were top ranking posts on global reddit and an interview of a certain "fleet commander" on national canadian TV (still chuckling about that one) about the ONE MILLION DOLLAR SPACE BATTLE.

And the first one who spawns up in here with the idea to limit the movement of Supers and Titans even further is gonna get shot by me (ingame, maybe).

Because the 16 hour slideshows are the thing that makes eve fun and enjoyable and people gladly pay for a year of game time for multiple alts to take part in the one fight per year.

I can't see how nullsec can ever be particularly interesting again considering the current numbers of titans and supers in existence.

Keepstars are just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Because the 16 hour slideshows are the thing that makes eve fun and enjoyable and people gladly pay for a year of game time for multiple alts to take part in the one fight per year.
    For what % of the player base though? Enough to keep the lights on and the servers running?

edit: hang on I can't tell if this post is dripping in sarcasm or not...