hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 414 of 414 FirstFirst ... 314364404411412413414
Results 8,261 to 8,264 of 8264

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Exactly the point. It limits the proliferation of supers and draws in new blood who likes Valkyrie more than EvE. Make it a freaking space dog fight sim/Luke-Skywalker-blowing-up-the-Deathstar lookalike.

Trust me, people would flock to this in droves. Make it free to play too and sell proper skins and dashboard bobbleheads for all I care to monetise it.
    So ... "hey guys, welcome to eve, you are now my bitch, cuz you only do what I control you to do but you get to buy skins for your abuse ride so it's awesome" ?

Look, I get the idea, but I do have serious doubts as to whether or not there's simply enough humans going round.

EVE doesn't really have that many, all in all, available as a resource to draw on for what boils down to a role which drives the message of "you are nothing but an expendable meatshield / drone puppet but buy shiny and be happy about it".

There's a lot CCP can do, but going that near to a perception wall would not be their brightest choice ever. It would require a completely different approach, taking things much more toward the old Homeworld / Privateer inspiration points, but requiring a third track of account type.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But there are some innate risks here. I can see some really nice spinoff options, but very conditionally. Also, it would still require CCP to invest some substantional resources in just the game design part.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Looking at my corp there seems to be a 6 accounts average, 4 accounts minimum except for me. I have 2 because a fax alt is a must and that account i only sub when needed.

So Yeah, seems the same for the Alliance, there are really not that many warm bodies playing. If every fighter group would be a player that is just 6 for a vanilla carrier. Good luck getting so many new players or 6 accounts multiboxers.

In Eve news. Timer ping pong without real results, co2 titan just died while everybody went apeshit with pings and rush fleets (to hot in house so i didnt join), one good guy fleet still logged off in uax. Rush of new cap buying on alts katching.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Looking at my corp there seems to be a 6 accounts average, 4 accounts minimum except for me. I have 2 because a fax alt is a must and that account i only sub when needed.

So Yeah, seems the same for the Alliance, there are really not that many warm bodies playing. If every fighter group would be a player that is just 6 for a vanilla carrier. Good luck getting so many new players or 6 accounts multiboxers.

In Eve news. Timer ping pong without real results, co2 titan just died while everybody went apeshit with pings and rush fleets (to hot in house so i didnt join), one good guy fleet still logged off in uax. Rush of new cap buying on alts katching.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Not to mention how Alpha's are a masking factor on top of that. It's crazy, but it's actually become popular to pop out alpha specialty characters. Whether it's for meat, ganks, feeding, etc. In PH I thought it shocking to see how many such libraries float around, until I reactivated in Kf and Brave, and found it pretty much the same. In highsec places it isn't that uncommon either. People teach each other to set up spares. Which CCP counts as accounts. While they are tools. Much more so than ever before.

In all honest, while there's more accounts created on average (though that too has gone down), I think that warm bodies presents a new/increasing risk, in that sense that as a volume it has gone down in spite of it all.

For CCP that matters less than what people might think. It just makes everything a PR topic. But also nothing more than just that. And let's be honest, CCP's customers are in no position any more to be cohesive :P Other than in following opiate economics.

As I said, I like the idea, especially now that the VR bandwagon has been adjusted, but it just isn't realistic.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Exactly the point. It limits the proliferation of supers and draws in new blood who likes Valkyrie more than EvE. Make it a freaking space dog fight sim/Luke-Skywalker-blowing-up-the-Deathstar lookalike.

Trust me, people would flock to this in droves. Make it free to play too and sell proper skins and dashboard bobbleheads for all I care to monetise it.
    ... What qualifies you to be trusted on this?

Eve's combat mechanics aren't particularly engaging, and I can see absolutely no possible future where CCP pivot to produce an in-eve dog fighting sim which works alongside sov mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.