hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 382 of 382 FirstFirst ... 282332372379380381382
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 7630

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Fine then, retarded action for the sake of action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Titans are ~50b(Erebus/Avatar are like 55 or w/e?), which is basically meaningless for any group that's been around for a few years and is lead by someone with an IQ higher than the average goon line member.

CFC have a mixed superfleet(I was really looking forward to killing all those t1 rigged t2 fit ratting hels), didn't want to commit when we were in range, and shockingly jumped in the second we got bored and cyno'd back once it was clear the keepstar was repping itself and CFC was unwilling to escalate and give us the capital brawl we wanted.

We use Levis/Rags for throwaways because they have lower production costs, ~~shield titans~~, and rags being baller for this sort of stuff.

In a nonshocker, the coalition that has lived on a game preserve for the last year and has zero experience with pvp or the capital meta is behind on how stuff works in 2018 (altho lets be real, CFC have been pretty consistent in not adapting to anything for their entire existence as an entity).

Also, we cyno'd in, not warped, but minor stuff.

Hopefully we get some real fights out of this when the timers come up again.

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    Did I hear correctly that the Keepstar armor has been repaired and the attackers will have to start over with the shields again (next week?) if they want to stick with this?
    It was a shield timer, and the keep was rereffed immediately, so basically status quo ante
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It didn't work, but there were 3 titans trying to boson several hundred carriers. If it had come off like they wanted, they'd have made a reasonable K : D trade and they'd have had fighter superiority for the night, which would have meant that their supercarriers could happily use fighterbombers and murderzone all the things.
    Last edited by Malcanis; January 17 2018 at 10:45:19 PM.
    I love Malcanis!

So now hull next week?

Explain the BFG, please. An AoE DD? Three of them enough to kill carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It didn't work, but there were 3 titans trying to boson several hundred carriers. If it had come off like they wanted, they'd have made a reasonable K : D trade and they'd have had fighter superiority for the night, which would have meant that their supercarriers could happily use fighterbombers and murderzone all the things.
    I was commenting on ccps changes to the game which have made suicide titans viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Explain the BFG, please. An AoE DD? Three of them enough to kill carriers?
    The Bosonic Field Generator is one of the new DDs introduced a couple of years back. It's an AoE damage cone (Conic AoE). It has a long spool-up time and mechanically is several attacks over several seconds rather than one big hit. If you have good skills and line up your titans just right, then yeah, 3 of them is on the order of 4M damage or so, which is enough to melt caps.

In theory there's time to escape if you're fast. Though in practice, it seems like it invokes a lot of the same problems as the old 250km AoE DD.
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; January 18 2018 at 09:52:35 AM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I was commenting on ccps changes to the game which have made suicide titans viable.
    Well that's more to do with the Doomsday options than the cost of the titan; the titan cost scales pretty much proportionately with the cost of the carriers; it's just as much worth doing when titan hulls cost 55B as it is when they cost 110B. If your 3 Titans call kill 100 carriers then it's worthwhile (especially if one gets out)
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    mechanically is several attacks over several seconds
    Ah, thanks. I found one description of the module that indicated it did only 40k in damage (10k of each type) and I couldn't figure out how that was useful. But if it does that 40k multiple times, that makes a lot more sense.

With the opportunity to kill a few hundred carriers and have a significant effect on the balance of power on grid, it sounds like they undercommitted. Shit always has the chance of going wrong - instead of just three perhaps they could have done five or six instead, because even if they don't win the ISK war simply removing that many ships from space would be worth it. (Depending on their goal, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    mechanically is several attacks over several seconds
    Ah, thanks. I found one description of the module that indicated it did only 40k in damage (10k of each type) and I couldn't figure out how that was useful. But if it does that 40k multiple times, that makes a lot more sense.

With the opportunity to kill a few hundred carriers and have a significant effect on the balance of power on grid, it sounds like they undercommitted. Shit always has the chance of going wrong - instead of just three perhaps they could have done five or six instead, because even if they don't win the ISK war simply removing that many ships from space would be worth it. (Depending on their goal, of course.)
      Spoiler:

Standard fleet fit carrier is something on the order of ~2m EHP, so three bosons should have been more than enough to roast those carriers. I don't know what happened, but I'm going to assume that the lack of killmails was equal parts NC dotto being bad and the server shitting itself in heavy TiDi.

Now bad@botes