hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390397398399400
Results 7,981 to 7,997 of 7997

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

  1. #7981
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I thought a load of stuff about sphere was a troll?
    yes but you'll always find gullible idiots who believe anything that feeds into some elite hacking tool.

    the truth behind monkeysphere hunting bot ravens is hilariously simple, but nowadays apparently "tons of raven kills" and "crew of hackers all got banned" seems more catchy
    Oddly, Dianeces seems to disagree with you.

    Who to believe....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  2. #7982
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I thought a load of stuff about sphere was a troll?
    yes but you'll always find gullible idiots who believe anything that feeds into some elite hacking tool.

    the truth behind monkeysphere hunting bot ravens is hilariously simple, but nowadays apparently "tons of raven kills" and "crew of hackers all got banned" seems more catchy
    Oddly, Dianeces seems to disagree with you.

    Who to believe....?
    I know how the no local thing worked the rest ist just meming
    Last edited by Fara; April 12 2018 at 07:53:45 PM.

  3. #7983

    Join Date
    July 30, 2011
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I thought a load of stuff about sphere was a troll?
    yes but you'll always find gullible idiots who believe anything that feeds into some elite hacking tool.

    the truth behind monkeysphere hunting bot ravens is hilariously simple, but nowadays apparently "tons of raven kills" and "crew of hackers all got banned" seems more catchy
    Oddly, Dianeces seems to disagree with you.

    Who to believe....?
    I know how the no local thing worked the rest ist just meming
    No, you're right. I definitely made all of that up to get strangers on the internet to like me. Really makes you think.

    Now bad@botes

  4. #7984
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    the illest

  5. #7985
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    4,994
    WTZ was legit AF. Also detectable and people got a banwave at least once for it. I had a heads up in advance, no idea where that warning came from.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  6. #7986
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,104
    https://www.eveonline.com/article/p7...-territorii-rf [English translation below the Russian one]

    Russians in Russia have been blocked from the eve local chat [something to do with blocked IP's] which includes Amazon who CCP host
    some services with, means while THEY show up in local, no-one else does. They can still use corp/alliance etc chat.

    Note this was after the wormhole alliances started razing the dronelands to the ground, this will also just make it easier for Triumvirate to recapture Insmother which
    they were in the process of doing anyway.
    Last edited by Meester; April 19 2018 at 04:22:59 PM.

  7. #7987
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,940
    Sucks to be russian



  8. #7988
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And I'm pretty sure that there are still cheaters around, some people just enjoy finding exploits in MMO code and dicking around, and in game like eve getting any extra information out of the client is usually quite favorable, not to mention performing some actions that aren't allowed normally.

    The original Sphere was used for example seeing what ships the opposing AT teams happened to be before everyone getting teleported to the arena...
    The AT PL won by constantly somehow gambling and having the exact jammers required to kibosh the oppositions setups, rather than a hedge on what they might be facing




    the legit methods of catching bots were either laboriously work out their timers and logoff trap them, use bubbles on their pos, and so on, just be fast and hope they bump off a rock or something. Was a pain in the arse but it was what i did for ages. I saw the increase in sophistication of bots and how they just all switched to bubble immune tengus for a while to avoid the whole POS bubble stuff. Even started arming their POS where they were using nightmare/macharial bots.

    Other method was blue covert ops spy fitted with a covert cyno, making a JUST off grid safe from the target, warping to it, lighting blops, when they load grid, hit "warp squad" or whatever the fuck it was, and immediately log the fuck off. Caught more people than bots. Bots started going inactive/running for the hills when even blues passed through.
    Last edited by Duckslayer; April 19 2018 at 05:51:24 PM.

  9. #7989
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    https://www.eveonline.com/article/p7...-territorii-rf [English translation below the Russian one]

    Russians in Russia have been blocked from the eve local chat [something to do with blocked IP's]
    Context: Russia is blocking Amazon and other cloud hosts that run the Telegram messaging network so that Russian residents cannot connect to it. Telegram "declined to provide encryption information, which would enable the agency [Russia’s communications watchdog agency] to identify users and see the content of messages."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/w...-shutdown.html

    CCP is pretty much screwed here. Russia isn't going to back down. Where this ultimately ends is in a digital Iron Curtain for Russia.
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; April 19 2018 at 06:56:41 PM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  10. #7990
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,046
    So, move all of Russia into a wormhole c/d?
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  11. #7991
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    https://www.eveonline.com/article/p7...-territorii-rf [English translation below the Russian one]

    Russians in Russia have been blocked from the eve local chat [something to do with blocked IP's]
    Context: Russia is blocking Amazon and other cloud hosts that run the Telegram messaging network so that Russian residents cannot connect to it. Telegram "declined to provide encryption information, which would enable the agency [Russia’s communications watchdog agency] to identify users and see the content of messages."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/w...-shutdown.html

    CCP is pretty much screwed here. Russia isn't going to back down. Where this ultimately ends is in a digital Iron Curtain for Russia.
    Its Russia's choice though I no doubt think they will keep a few breaks just so the GRU can hack a few hospitals.

    BTW how will your influence map deal with all the outposts turning into faction citadels? Will the outpost symbols just 'disappear' from the map the day after they get turned?
    I'll assume so.

    Meanwhile in Deklein the GOTG gets its Keepstar stolen among with building supers and other assorted goodies via GSF - https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...chored_stolen/

    https://i.imgur.com/LkgxxAq.png

  12. #7992
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    https://www.eveonline.com/article/p7...-territorii-rf [English translation below the Russian one]

    Russians in Russia have been blocked from the eve local chat [something to do with blocked IP's]
    Context: Russia is blocking Amazon and other cloud hosts that run the Telegram messaging network so that Russian residents cannot connect to it. Telegram "declined to provide encryption information, which would enable the agency [Russia’s communications watchdog agency] to identify users and see the content of messages."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/18/w...-shutdown.html

    CCP is pretty much screwed here. Russia isn't going to back down. Where this ultimately ends is in a digital Iron Curtain for Russia.
    Its Russia's choice though I no doubt think they will keep a few breaks just so the GRU can hack a few hospitals.
    Oh totally Russia's choice. It's just that Russia is going to pick blocking Telegram over allowing people to play EVE Online.

    BTW how will your influence map deal with all the outposts turning into faction citadels? Will the outpost symbols just 'disappear' from the map the day after they get turned?
    I'll assume so.
    The current plan is to reuse the station markers as ADM 6 markers to show the highest control systems. As much as I'd like to keep stations/Upwell structures as part of the influence calculation, the fact that they aren't listed in the API pretty much puts an end to that.
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; April 20 2018 at 09:03:10 AM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  13. #7993
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,765
    For once 'Burn Providence' will become true.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

  14. #7994
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    For once 'Burn Providence' will become true.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Unanchor all the Amarr faction citadels in Providence and either blow them up or seed them in Minmatar space

  15. #7995
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,104


    The Goon rampage of GOTG territory continues with a Fortizar citadel stolen from SLYCE.

  16. #7996
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,281
    This is the lowsec thread, right?
    Edit: whoops, no, this is.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; April 22 2018 at 07:50:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  17. #7997
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    13,914
    Quick! Nobody cares!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •