hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 397 of 420 FirstFirst ... 297347387394395396397398399400407 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 8390

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    Is SRP paid out under the assumption that the loss was covered with plat insurance?
    SRP is just a fixed price. Insurance doesnt factor into it. And our side, like Vily said in the vid linked above, also had the 'insure, undock, jump' mantra.
    Last edited by Sacul; March 27 2018 at 12:22:41 AM.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Would NCPL have had better success if the went straight for killing dreads instead of testing supers?

Or how are coms set up in Test? Is there a mechanism by which FCs can speak to everybody while tactical groups can talk amongst themselves only? We’re finding Discord simply cannot do this as far as we can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    Would NCPL have had better success if the went straight for killing dreads instead of testing supers?

Or how are coms set up in Test? Is there a mechanism by which FCs can speak to everybody while tactical groups can talk amongst themselves only? We’re finding Discord simply cannot do this as far as we can tell.
    It's very likely that NCPL would have had a better W/L-ratio if they went in to trade dreads for dreads. They still wouldn't have won the fight, but it would have looked better. Apparently the rag that died suffered from a desynced client, but I am not sure if he would have gotten saved otherwise. The fax's were pretty aware of his critical state in structure, while the actual pilot thought that he was still in 70 percent shield or something.

I am not sure about the setup of test comms, but usually in bigger organisations there are sub divisions set up in comms for example for fcs and logistics which enable those groups to communicate locally without blabbering up general comms. Yes, discord is about a decade behind in configurability in that department, but I think that's due to the aim of discord, which is to provide easy accessibility while sucking as much monetizable data about its users out of them.

Nc does as gidi says on mumble. Long and short is they just jumped in more and anything above cap lvl just tanked to much.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmont
    If at any given moment, N3 ping for all hands on dick supercarriers and capital ships, they will get more individual people in fleet than your entire coalition can combined on its very best day.

This isn't conjecture, this is something that has been proven again and again because your leaders like to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the game itself in favor of posting and posturing and writing tl;dr CEO updates about garbage that will never see the light of day (and if it does, the only place it will be is on the killboard of my alliance) instead of realizing that every capital and supercapital pilot with a pulse and a will to use their dread/super/titan/slowcat is gravitating towards one side because hey, guess what, that side actually DOES use their big toys on the regular and when push comes to shove as evidenced by the fight in DY- your alliance is literally impotent.

Such namecalling, very serious internets spaceships comrade

Little shame that now you need to call in supers, back in the glorious days of the grid load bug et al just calling for hics in your fleet made everyone rise from the dead.

Such a run-on sentence! Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Being in N3 was actually a lot of fun because we got to really annoy PL by not being super elite srsbsns and we also got to annoy diplos by shooting new renters all the time because corp leaders could never be bothered to set them all blue.

We got dunked a lot in coalition fleet fights but everything else made it one of my happiest remembrances of eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

So how about that thread on Reddit claiming you could python inject in to chat channels and do some cool things* because CCP had their servers trust the clients?

It's deleted now. I didn't get all the details. Maybe someone read it better and can explain?

*By cool things it could allow you to auto target fleet broadcasts, show invisible people (devs, GM, etc) in chat channels, When someone came in to local it would auto-link their KB, and a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    So how about that thread on Reddit claiming you could python inject in to chat channels and do some cool things* because CCP had their servers trust the clients?

It's deleted now. I didn't get all the details. Maybe someone read it better and can explain?

*By cool things it could allow you to auto target fleet broadcasts, show invisible people (devs, GM, etc) in chat channels, When someone came in to local it would auto-link their KB, and a few other things.
    The Python injecting is not something new and will never go away unless CCP develops the game from the ground up, which I don't see that ever happening. Then again, I've been wrong before, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Basically people have been cheating hard core in the game since forever. This is why when you get to the big boy type wars, people casually have other people do some dirty work to get that ever so important advantage. Try hards viewing their accomplishments in the game being more important than the health of the game - at any cost. I mean no one is surprised by these kinds of activities. As soon as the microscope starts to look at them they start talking about how it's not their fault and if CCP made a good game they would not have to do all these "Quality of Life" changes to improve their experience, AKA cheat at the game, but no one likes to call it for what it is because saying it's cheating would mean they are wrong and don't get to shift the blame.

Whatever. Fuck em. I stopped giving a shit about these kinds of things and the game in general a couple years ago.

Warp to Zero via python injection was the best thing ever for zero fucks solo brawl deep playing. You could go suicidal and when you died, WTZ your pod home and have a piss break. Now I would just lose ship and suicide home because fuck travel times in a pod.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

CCPS lack of giving enough of a fuck about botting, rmt and cheating was the thing that really made me become bitter about eve. Just cant give enough of a fuck about it any more. same old same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    CCPS lack of giving enough of a fuck about botting, rmt and cheating was the thing that really made me become bitter about eve. Just cant give enough of a fuck about it any more. same old same old.
    Ultimately, the people who do that shit cheat themselves. As long as CCP keep enough of a lid on it that it doesn't become obtrusive to me, I just ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Ultimately, the people who do that shit cheat themselves. As long as CCP keep enough of a lid on it that it doesn't become obtrusive to me, I just ignore it.
    3 years ago I would still have agreed with you on this. These days, things are changing. I'll admit it's a matter of both perspective and exposure. EVE's no longer divided along lines of traditional gameplay (niches) though. RMT is something CCP monitors and deals with either way, the cheating part, who knows. But the botting is gaining ground along the edges of today's lines. Economy of scale thing. Whether it's part of perspective or whether we're even exposed to it in our specific niches is less important than the impact of botting + economy of scale on the structure of things in the long run.

I suppose that comes down to the old question of whether CCP will adjust to changes in botting mechanisms and behaviour patterns, which follows questions like tech, metrics and such. Do they see, report, adapt, apply - or not (let's be honest, there's always at least one internal grand canyon there). I'll be honest, I've seen more player generated impact on traditional bot niches (courier mission bots, recent example) than I've seen CCP figure out there's been new ones for a while now. I remember using trading alts while waiting for timers, cornering markets, shaping trends and all that. But that has gotten weird, there's an impressive amount of automation these days. Also, all those Amazon Web Services Mining Ventures and Epithals grrr.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Also, all those Amazon Web Services Mining Ventures and Epithals grrr.
    Are people really using AWS GPU instances for hosting bots? That seems like it would get crazy expensive.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

The Reddit-thread this pic was taken from, was released on April 1st.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    The Reddit-thread this pic was taken from, was released on April 1st.
    Bingo.

Also Blood Raiders successfully destroy a citadel - https://zkillboard.com/kill/69117851/

It's about time.
    Next up, put Entosis links on those diamond NPCs.

And there still is problems with local. Just remove it already, CCP. Give it same local as wormhole space, sit back and watch the fireworks unfold. But this should have happened a decade ago to be honest.