hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 377 of 383 FirstFirst ... 277327367374375376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 7647

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CivilWars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Sigh, entire thing really makes me miss Bob
    Bob still exists. Depending on who you ask it is either PanFam, GOTG, NC., or Goons/Imperium now.
    Which of those groups is going to break out of thier comfort zone and do some MAX DAMAGE?
    That question has already been answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Sigh, entire thing really makes me miss Bob
    Bob still exists. Depending on who you ask it is either PanFam, GOTG, NC., or Goons/Imperium now.
    Which of those groups is going to break out of thier comfort zone and do some MAX DAMAGE?
    Not a single one.

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    There's nothing to get done when whoever brings a super capital fleet always wins, whoever has the largest super capital fleet is almost guaranteed to win, and that a large death ball of super capitals with a near 1:1 ratio of Force Auxiliary chaff tanking will keep them alive indefinitely against literally hundreds of Dreadnoughts. Nothing has a good chance of happening unless both sides are scared of each other's mutual (or a third party's) super capital fleets.

Well then I guess goons will have to go back to Delve and see if the New New Northern Coalition wants to carry on it's game, if that's the word I want, of glaring at everyone else across hi-sec while bitching that it's CCP's fault that EVE is dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Nerf diplomacy. MEGA.

Nerf diplomacy. MEGA.
    The old guard will never let CCP make any changes that make 'their' game more challenging.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Nerf diplomacy. MEGA.
    The old guard will never let CCP make any changes that make 'their' game more challenging.
    keep believing the narrative

total facedesk moment there.

Dude, CCP doesn't give a single fuck about anything like that. It's a game of statistics, pure and simple. People are free to delude themselves, but CCP doesn't even give a single shit about this or that imaginary segment or deluded pressure point wannabee.

Let it get through to you: what you call eve is a toolbox CCP goes to work with elsewhere.

Guess what that says about those inside the thing. And every tool is expendable, replaceable, interexchangeable.

Now ever since Disney started making movies about inanimate objects having a life of their own people seem to think that eve players since the summer of rage have influence, impact or anything of the sorts. Welcome to reality. Ask not what CCP can do for you, ask how CCP uses you no matter what. There was a point where CCP said "never again", and of all the things they have hardons for, upstairs that's the numero uno. They won.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Nerf diplomacy. MEGA.
    keep believing the narrative

total facedesk moment there.

Dude, CCP doesn't give a single fuck about anything like that. It's a game of statistics, pure and simple. People are free to delude themselves, but CCP doesn't even give a single shit about this or that imaginary segment or deluded pressure point wannabee.

Let it get through to you: what you call eve is a toolbox CCP goes to work with elsewhere.

Guess what that says about those inside the thing. And every tool is expendable, replaceable, interexchangeable.

Now ever since Disney started making movies about inanimate objects having a life of their own people seem to think that eve players since the summer of rage have influence, impact or anything of the sorts. Welcome to reality. Ask not what CCP can do for you, ask how CCP uses you no matter what. There was a point where CCP said "never again", and of all the things they have hardons for, upstairs that's the numero uno. They won.
    It went on a bit long at the end and the JFK quote was a bit too American. But that is the most on point, concise thing I think you ever said.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Well, let's see if he gets it. And accepts it. CCP's customers have zero means or ability to influence anything. Anyone who believes (!) otherwise is either deluding himself, or indirectly used by CCP in one way or the other. CCP has figured it out. With a little help from a friend and a few partner provided externals, but they won.

Marlona, raise your glass to the eve variant of ST:O and swallow hard. Then fall in line like a good bit of statistic and restrict yourself to the itty bitty kindergartens of attribute tweaks or quit. Your dream of an emergent dynamic where the player is and creates the content, CCP provides for this and follows those trends, it's dead and gone.

For once I almost wish I could point to the exact how / what / when / who, but we're not going down that road. Anyone with half a braincell can figure out the above.

Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

The magic number seems to be 30k. Those willing to login and play regardless of how good or bad the game is. So if CCP are happy with that, and those left playing are happy (at least, not being unhappy enough to quit), there's really nothing left to discuss or worry about re: eve online.

The youth of today won't invest the time we did into it and the player base is ageing so I could see 5-10k of die hards hanging on to it until they keel over...

Well, the alpha-bump seems to be over and current averages seem to be in the 20k range....

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

The graph shows that the alphas were quite short lived phenomenon and now we are back on the normal slide downwards with the added spice that some of the 20k average concurrent users are alphas instead of normal players.
    Last edited by depili; August 24 2017 at 09:04:27 AM.

Is it time to call it?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Is it time to call it?
    Is there ever a time not to call it?

Eh, I fondly remember playing this game back when peak was like 10k. If I had more time I'd play EVE a couple hours every night.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Eh, I fondly remember playing this game back when peak was like 10k. If I had more time I'd play EVE a couple hours every night.
    10k and growing is very different than 10k and shrinking.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Summer is not real.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Summer is not real.
    Winter is coming. . .

Summer is not real.
    Winter is coming. . .
    You know nothing. Prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post
    Summer is not real.
    Winter is coming. . .
    You know nothing. Prick.

Putting it mildly.