hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 425 of 425 FirstFirst ... 325375415422423424425
Results 8,481 to 8,494 of 8494

Thread: The Shitposting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Finally the PvP Eve needed: http://www.abyssaldata.com/
    Better late than never I guess, only took them a decade to implement that suggestion.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

What the fuck is this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlock View Post
    What the fuck is this shit?
    It looks like true 1v1 PvP and not PvP+. Imagine PvP where no party can call a friend or bring in ALTs.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

For me the fun and skill of pvp was always in adapting to a developing situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    For me the fun and skill of pvp was always in adapting to a developing situation.
    You'll have to do that in 1v1 PvP as well though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    because there's no such thing as "making X great again", that's just people tempting themselves into false memories out of fear / lack of effort / no will to adapt.

EVE's pretty much like the real world in these matters.
    But there shouldn't be arbitrary rules preventing me from using the sandbox to try.
    You think? Why? Because a few generations of players make that assumption? EVE's always had arbitrary rules, it never was an actual sandbox. CCP just figured out along the way that EVE grew because it became an emergent dynamic, which is something different. EVE has design roots in concepts derivative of the sandbox concept, that's all.

CCP has redefined its definition of emergent gameplay (closer to its traditional definition) so it isn't about a magical sandbox so that the old course of emergent dynamic is walled off. More predictable, more managable, less trauma, more dividends.
    Biggest lie CCP successfully sold to EVE players: the sandbox. I was there, etc.

Though, to be fair to the EVE players: for the longest time CCP bought into it even harder. It was only when it bit them in the arse that they started to put the constraints in.

What it's like now, I don't know. The trajectory didn't look too good last time I bothered to look.

Is there another serious spaceships game out there that actually does have a sandbox where it matters? Asking for a friend ...
    I've been keeping an eye on Dual Universe as my escape plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    because there's no such thing as "making X great again", that's just people tempting themselves into false memories out of fear / lack of effort / no will to adapt.

EVE's pretty much like the real world in these matters.
    But there shouldn't be arbitrary rules preventing me from using the sandbox to try.
    You think? Why? Because a few generations of players make that assumption? EVE's always had arbitrary rules, it never was an actual sandbox. CCP just figured out along the way that EVE grew because it became an emergent dynamic, which is something different. EVE has design roots in concepts derivative of the sandbox concept, that's all.

CCP has redefined its definition of emergent gameplay (closer to its traditional definition) so it isn't about a magical sandbox so that the old course of emergent dynamic is walled off. More predictable, more managable, less trauma, more dividends.
    Biggest lie CCP successfully sold to EVE players: the sandbox. I was there, etc.

Though, to be fair to the EVE players: for the longest time CCP bought into it even harder. It was only when it bit them in the arse that they started to put the constraints in.

What it's like now, I don't know. The trajectory didn't look too good last time I bothered to look.

Is there another serious spaceships game out there that actually does have a sandbox where it matters? Asking for a friend ...
    I've been keeping an eye on Dual Universe as my escape plan
    Looking good ... reminds me of space engineer ...

Looks interesting but also like one of many games that will never be released.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Well, I was thinking about my experience playing space engineer:
    1. Wow! Cool! I can build anything!
    2. Builds stuff ...
    3. Looks back: that looks hideous ...
    4. Fuck, I spend 4 hours building something hideous, I need to go!
    5. Never goes back ...

I mean, building a new civilisation sounds great, but it also sounds like a massive timesink to actually do ... and I have hardly any time to play games as it is.

While robocraft does something similar, with instant gratification in fighting others ... I can see some issues here ...

Depends how modular it is. The danger with these games is the vision gets hijacked by super autistic nerds who want 100% building and engineering simulation. Then you inevitably get tedious and unengaging gameplay for everyone else who wants a player driven scifi setting with a bit of sand castle building customisation.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    2. Builds stuff ...
    5. Never goes back ...

I mean, building a new civilisation sounds great, but it also sounds like a massive timesink to actually do ... and I have hardly any time to play games as it is.

While robocraft does something similar, with instant gratification in fighting others ... I can see some issues here ...
    There's issues (primarily procedural constraints on emergent behaviour, there's no pressure cooker), but they have done their research on market share & requirements, while keeping a lot of things close to their chest.

The funny thing is that it's one of the prime initiatives CCP keeps close eyes on. Staff level.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

2. Builds stuff ...
    5. Never goes back ...

There's issues (primarily procedural constraints on emergent behaviour, there's no pressure cooker), but they have done their research on market share & requirements, while keeping a lot of things close to their chest.

The funny thing is that it's one of the prime initiatives CCP keeps close eyes on. Staff level.
    Didn't CCP lose some of their people there? Staff level.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Yup.

This however was a reference to CCP keeping eyes elsewhere through someone else's staff level
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

xxx