hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #EVE_NT Collides 2015/16 Season

Congratulations Tuskers!

Wondering why the Hound setup was brought again though.
    grr gons

Quote Originally Posted by main View Post
    Congratulations Tuskers!

Wondering why the Hound setup was brought again though.
    Their other setups were way worse, (vaga and )drone setups are (both) unviable and lose vs anything, CNRs are SNIs in worse and pl phoons are the same but way worse.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; November 22 2015 at 09:08:18 PM. Reason: put tusker setup into bracket
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Sulei would be a very good Huskar player.

So glad I went for the 2nd EANM rather than the DCU on that TFI \o/

GF PL, was really close. The reason I died in the RLML comp was because I ran out of cap boosters so could only run 1 cycle of my ASB off after reload. This was because I (like an idiot) forgot to load my ASB + Cap Booster before getting teleported, so I lost out on another ASB reload

orthrus nerf is totally not needed

Enjoyable to watch, questionable things regarding primaries, piloting etc. though.

"Hey they have 4 RLML ships, of which one kind has more tank and less damage than the others, let's primary the Onyx" - "FC, he's not breaking, can we switch target?" - "yeah let's shoot the other Onyx".

I don't understand the use of bombers in the comps, they are terrible in 5vs5 imo.

Hyena could have lived if he hadn't seperated himself from the Inquisitors, TFIs have a good chance against bomber minmarush I think.

SNI comp was bad.

Sadly we didn't see more setups being brought out.

Leokokim: Mining Industry Exile Foundation [MIEF] | Warlords of the Deep [2LGIT]
    Mikokoel, Arthie Madullier (PvP): Know your Role [K-Y-R] | League of Unaligned Master Pilots [LUMPY]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikokoel View Post
    Enjoyable to watch, questionable things regarding primaries, piloting etc. though.

"Hey they have 4 RLML ships, of which one kind has more tank and less damage than the others, let's primary the Onyx" - "FC, he's not breaking, can we switch target?" - "yeah let's shoot the other Onyx".

I don't understand the use of bombers in the comps, they are terrible in 5vs5 imo.

Hyena could have lived if he hadn't seperated himself from the Inquisitors, TFIs have a good chance against bomber minmarush I think.

SNI comp was bad.

Sadly we didn't see more setups being brought out.
    To be honest they would have never been able to kill a orthrus ever (they [the snis] didnt have sensor boosters). And while phoons usually smash t2 logi comps (well, pretty much everything does) those phoons were counterfit vs the phoon/sni/cnr comps leaving them with pretty bad dps which isnt great in that matchup.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; November 23 2015 at 11:10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikokoel View Post

Yeah, we made a few silly positioning errors in both the floon matches. I think bombers are a reasonable choice in the CS/T2 logi/double T3D/bomber comps because with three tacklers you should be able to keep stuff away from the bomber and the logi's rep range means it can stay out of harm's way and put pressure on enemy cores. Was a really fun series to fly in - thanks PL and the eve_nt guys!

When you fit an Onyx as a RLML kiting ship, it actually tanks very similar to an Orthrus but is much slower & has a smaller sig, so it is actually a better target when damps are on the field.

Pretty sure PL thought their SNI comp was their best comp along with their Sleipnir comp, so they wanted to run both until both won then try to get a win out of their remaining comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    Pretty sure PL thought their SNI comp was their best comp along with their Sleipnir comp, so they wanted to run both until both won then try to get a win out of their remaining comps.
    Something like that.

We didn't get much testing done at the start and most people who said they would come ended up AWOL (*cough* Dancul *cough*), so we basically looked back at your previous matches, especially against Waffles, and figured it would be lots of BC/cruiser/t3ds. With that in mind we decided to put together a bunch of independently tanky rhml BS variations that would more or less be able to counter those. We had a Bargh team crafted too, but ended up not submitting it because we felt three versions would probably be enough. It was also decided that bombers would be decent to win the mirror because they can kite and add good dps to the race for the points and would still do well against a CS. Logi frigs were discarded after a mini-test by the bane of all things PL - our US tz. :P

MinmaRush could counter all the BS teams and so could the Abso version, but we didn't expect those to go through. Vindi was added as ban-bait because you had targeted that in the past and drones was mostly a "well, what if..." addition since it had lost to MinmaRush in our only test of it and it was unclear, at least in my mind since I wasn't there for that test, what it would actually be good against. The fact that you ended up not banning what we thought to be our strongest team kinda surprised us in the end, though.

When we saw the setups submitted on Monday morning it was bit of an "oh, shit"-moment, because we really didn't expect you to move away from the piloting-heavy cruiser teams in favour of the comparatively simple dual-BS combo. That they were all supported by logi frigs made us wonder if we had missed something. Turned out it was a rather major something since we couldn't actually break properly fit ones even with tackle and strong TPs. We could still beat them with the two CS teams, but those we fully expected to be banned so we figured we would have to just throw the dice and see if a combination of ec-drones and dps could still win the trade. We sort of suspected you would go the Hydra route of cruise missiles and if so 10MN AB bombers are pretty easy to keep alive long enough to matter. CS+t3ds+bomber is an easy win with the two strong t2 logi (Scimi/Oni), so those teams got banned to at least assure we wouldn't have to face that.

You leaving the Sleip team in gave us an out as long as we could avoid matching it against the Orthrus team. Banning out the two things with potential bonused tds was surprising, though perhaps somewhat understandable with the Machs/Confessors in the pool. It was also decided that going with cruise was better in the mirror because you still apply fully to a BS with just a bit of TP or web and the sustained dps is what breaks ASB/AAR in the end. Fingers crossed for those drones...

First match was not much we could do. We simply lost the smartbomb/drone micro and since we were pretty much dependent on that lucky cycle it ended predictably.

Second match we should have had, tbh. Minor piloting errors saw us narrowly missing the kill the first time your Onyx hit 5% structure and then cap management lost us the SNI 20 s before match end. As for calling the Onyx primary it was really the only choice since you can't catch an Orthrus and it has a smaller sig anyway. We gambled on killing one and then winning on points and it almost worked.

With those out of the way it meant an easy comeback with the Sleip, though. I know people commented that the TFI team should have a decent chance against it, but it really doesn't. If that is Chessur et al spreading misinformation for upcoming matches is left as an exercise for the reader.

Final match meant back to the SNIs and hoping to face the Sleip/Vaga team, but TFIs would be ok too. We stuck to 10MN AB bombers and that is the one call that in hindsight we should have gone away from since you didn't have anything left that the MWD wouldn't be better against, seeing as we knew you put rhml on them at this point. It still worked out decently and one bomber stayed alive long enough, even under Hyena web+tp, to put the TFI in serious trouble, but again we were foiled by the magic structure tank. This time our error was the one SNI accidentally burning out his launchers while microing his tank. That single "fuck" on mumble as the TFI by all accounts should have popped was probably the saddest sound of the evening.

All in all it was a fun series, though, and tbf a lot closer than it looked on stream. In reality we probably lost it already when the comps got submitted on Sunday with our mistaken assumption of your game-plan and the oversight on logi frigs, but them's the breaks and part of the charm of this format. Thanks to all involved and good luck Tuskers in the upcoming rounds. o7
    Last edited by Lucas Quaan; November 23 2015 at 08:35:46 PM.

We honestly felt that it was more likely that our Barghest & RLML setups would be banned, since they tended to perform very well in our internal practices. Considering that, we banned the Vindicator setup because we felt that it would crush our T3D-based setups (T3Ds die almost instantly to a vindicator once webbed). In retrospect, that turned out to be a waste of a ban since you banned the two setups it would probably be strongest against (and even then, it's possible we simply over-estimated how strong it was).

And we did think TFIs would have a better chance against the Sleipnir setup than they did. We did re-fit our TFIs at the last minute to handle your BS comps better (which made them a bit worse against that CS setup), but I doubt that would have made any difference. I don't know what fit you were using or what links you were running, but your Scimitar was more difficult to kill than expected and once the Hyena died there was pretty much no chance of us killing an AB logi in time.

I think the format is really interesting as if you actually train/practice in isolation from each other so you don't see each other's comps until they're locked in you can go down completely different routes with interesting contrasts..

We banned the comps we did because of some scoring that we did. We scored each of the 49 match-ups from 1-5 based on our experiences / gut-feelings, I guess it'll be interesting to show my personal scores:

This was before I thought your SNIs might be X-L ASB + X-L SB, which I only thought of on Sunday morning:

[22/11/2015 12:40:51] Sulei: Er what if PL's SNI comp are ...
    [22/11/2015 12:41:01] Sulei: And are dual rep fit?
    [22/11/2015 12:41:07] Sulei: i.e. X-L ASB + X-L SB

Which changed the dynamic quite a bit as it meant they were much tanker than I expected, meaning that they could outlast our BS comps as they were, so we had to tweak the fits a bit.

Also I've just taken a look at my logs for the last match and you guys were absolutely 100% right on the last match for the SNI burning out his launchers being how I survived - Cheeb burnt out his launchers just as I hit low armour, which meant that the other SNI was the only one who was firing when I hit hull and dipped to ~400 hull (with no DCU fit).
    Last edited by Suleiman Shouaa; November 23 2015 at 11:12:05 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_collides

Warlords of the Deep vs SSC live now
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Congratulations Warlord! That was a solid win.

In other news, I can't wait for EVE_NT Fightclub.
    grr gons

Anyone who wants to sign up to cast Fight Club should evemail me ingame ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    lel, assuming people have subs

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    :getout:
    grr gons

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I believe you need a sub to log into SiSi, so....yeah.

Also EVEGate is a thing.

This Sunday we have a match-up I'm pretty excited about, The Afterlife vs We Form V0lta (aka Tri team form AT XIII).

Should be a good watch and we have CCP Fozzie on the show guest commentating and hanging out hopefully we will be able to get him to give us some hints about whether or not he has been giving thoughts to how the recent ship rebalances/new ships might affect the tournament this year.

As usual we will have tons of eve-bet codes to give away and commentator banter & analysis. You can checkout the set-ups the teams have submitted here - http://www.eve-nt.uk/team-profiles/

20:00 on Sunday, 10/1/15

Hoping this goes to 5 matches!
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Looking forward to this, should be interesting!