hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Patch-Notes [Vanguard]

Quote Originally Posted by Alain Colcer View Post
    i've always wondered why CCP never thought of creating decoration ships (like the apotheosis, victorineux yatch, leopard) and such, for aurum.
    Because then you're spinning ships out of thin air and collecting money for them without player involvement, which is bad.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    i've always wondered why CCP never thought of creating decoration ships (like the apotheosis, victorineux yatch, leopard) and such, for aurum.
    Because then you're spinning ships out of thin air and collecting money for them without player involvement, which is bad.
    There was never involvement in creating those ships in the first place Jester, what the heck are you talking about?.

I'm only considering trophy ships, that don't have any fitting, and cannot be insured. The only thing that can be obtained from them is ISK changing hands if you sell them on the market, but its the same with SKINs, and other AURUM-only items.

So whats the difference?

There was never involvement in creating those ships in the first place Jester, what the heck are you talking about?.

I'm only considering trophy ships, that don't have any fitting, and cannot be insured. The only thing that can be obtained from them is ISK changing hands if you sell them on the market, but its the same with SKINs, and other AURUM-only items.

So whats the difference?
    The fact that you want players to pay real money for a ship with no player involvement in creating it. If CCP gives away ships and most everyone has an easy opportunity to get one, that's fine. If you want players to pay real money for a ship, no matter how seemingly benign the bonuses might be, you've taken the first small step down the slippery slope to a Lowe.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

you've taken the first small step down the slippery slope to a Lowe.
    Ah yes I can see that fitting perfectly with CCP; I mean the bit about changing the lowe from being comparable, but somewhat less effective than its counterparts and nerfing it into the ground because enough horrible players complained about it.

So whats the difference?
    The fact that you want players to pay real money for a ship with no player involvement in creating it. If CCP gives away ships and most everyone has an easy opportunity to get one, that's fine. If you want players to pay real money for a ship, no matter how seemingly benign the bonuses might be, you've taken the first small step down the slippery slope to a Lowe.
    I see now what you are saying, it CCP opens that door, its going to open a much more dangerous option down the road ahead.

If CCP ever gives actual combat/industrial/mining ships for RL money, i'll quit eve for good.

The Victo Yatch and Leopard aren't purely decorative as I use both rather frequently, the Leopard more than the Yacht atm (20AU warp speeeeeeeeeeeeeed) but they both are very useful ships and fill a small niche perfectly. The Apotheosis on the other hand is useless shite as is the CSM shuttle....

"Requires 2500 AUR and base hull/list of minerals/Fedos"

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

I see now what you are saying, it CCP opens that door, its going to open a much more dangerous option down the road ahead.

If CCP ever gives actual combat/industrial/mining ships for RL money, i'll quit eve for good.
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Imo the single best line he has ever writen

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Imo the single best line he has ever writen
    Searching Amazon now tbh

i see you have not realized there are only sandy vaginas in this forum.

I will never be able to get that image out of my head

cheers you cunt

Any notes for yesterday's patch?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post

What the fuck did that come from?
    She did what?

Do you REALLY wanna know ?