hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 240

Thread: Grab Your Pitchforks

  1. #41
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,638
    Let's just ban hydra players from AT for shits and giggles now.

  2. #42
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,075
    I see what you did there

    Tappin dat talk
    Last edited by Stoffl; September 15 2015 at 05:27:01 PM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  3. #43
    Mr Marram's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Tuskers
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Let's just ban hydra players from AT for shits and giggles now.
    They got really mad about it last time.


    IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

  4. #44
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    The amount of teaming up this year by all kinds of people was probably greater than ever across the board, at least going by SiSi activity. Hydra just does it a bit more organised than the rest. Sure, it's sad that they feel the need to rig matches and it does hurt the chances of everyone else having to effectively face the same team twice, but odds are you would have to do that regardless of them working together or not.
    What people who don't participate in the tourney might not understand is that if you're not "teaming up" with other alliances to practice at regular intervals you are severely hampering your potential. There is a difference in degrees, though, and sharing a POS in a wormhole and only working with one other team hand-in-glove through the whole season sure looks bad to any outsiders. I understand their reasons for doing it (and I have nothing but mad respect for the logistics bros that made it work holy shit) but at some point you have to wonder if you're coming too close to getting your whole effort wiped out by the CCP banhammer.

    I don't really expect CCP to do anything substantial, nor would I necessarily support them in it. What's the best way to keep your setups a secret on the test server when no support for AT teams has been implemented? Why wouldn't you want to practice against one of the strongest teams in recent tournament history? Why wouldn't you use every trick at your disposal to guarantee the best outcome for your and your teammates' efforts?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

  5. #45
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,403
    If only it were already on record that they petitioned CCP to ensure they were training in compliance with CCP's rules, like 2 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Genos/Hydra
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Let's just ban hydra warlords players from AT for shits and giggles now.
    FTFY

  7. #47
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Could someone please write up a summary for those of us who don't live and breathe everything AT? I'm finding myself a bit lost here...
    So when in a past AT hydra started the 2 teams run as one (cause its the best way to practice) thing they landed in the finals, where they made it obvious that the whole thing was rigged (just the finals). CCP then added a rule that basicely said, no rigged matches, no gentlemans rules (i.e no at ships, we both bring setup X or similar). This year camel totally thrashed hydra when the met the first time, in a totally non believable series (from a outside pov, might have been the tool bugging out), the hydra logi sometimes totally forgot about repping ships, ships charges in totally blind and got killed and so on, total rookie mistakes + no epensive ships beeing fielded. No real new comps were shown, nothing serious was revealed. And this for a top 4 place, so they totally did not go all out.

    In the lights of later matches vs pl, where they fielded at ships like crazy and flew very well losing in such a manner is totally unbelievable. Then we have the final, by that point they already won 80 100bil+ ships so they basicely repeated the same thing again, matches that totally lacked the intensety of the pl ones. They let a token shitty at ship die (given that 80 new ones were gained, almost nothing) in either kadesh being shit at the game or them wanting it to die. You also have a turnabout of what happened in the first series, with hydra winning this time.


    It was better done then the outbreak final but, from a outside pov, it looked just the same.

    Tl:dr ccp said dont rig matches, dont do rules for your own - according to dhb they did. Which would disqualify them (camel + warlords) if true as ccp cant let that slide.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  8. #48
    Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Elite, vicinity of Altair
    Posts
    1,988
    I joked on Reddit about another issue that if you tell EVE players where the Line They Must Not Cross is, they'll edge up to that line naked until one butt hair is over the line, then do an obscene dance right there until that butt hair is lasered off, all the while protesting their innocence that they have not crossed the Line.

    If two NFL teams shared strategies, patterns, information about opposing teams, stadiums, the cost of back office staff, equipment, training facilities, and locker rooms -- everything but players and coaches, and those are shared during practice games and training -- with the sole strategy of getting those two teams to the Super Bowl at any cost, the NFL would surely come down on those two teams like a ton of bricks.

    But technically, in EVE ATs, this is not only totally legal (if it does comprise dancing naked right up against the Line), it gives the best chance of maximizing AT payout.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    What people who don't participate in the tourney might not understand is that if you're not "teaming up" with other alliances to practice at regular intervals you are severely hampering your potential. ... I understand their reasons for doing it (and I have nothing but mad respect for the logistics bros that made it work holy shit) but at some point you have to wonder if you're coming too close to getting your whole effort wiped out by the CCP banhammer.
    Yep, all totally true, as was the rest of your post. I totally get this, as well as the reason for it (maximizing AT payout, as I said). I've said on the blog, on Reddit, and other places that all other factors being equal in AT, you're only as good as your practice partner. But it's kind of sad and short-sighted in a way. Imagine if CCP declared seeds next year, and then mandated practice partners based on seeds? #1 has to train with #16, #2 has to train with #15 and so on. This would definitely result in a much more interesting, exciting, and close tournament.

    Instead, even if everything KP says is 100% on the level in every respect, the whole Camel/Warlords strategy is to do everything they can within the rules to jointly lock out any other team from even a chance of winning.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

  9. #49
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Thats not the issue though, the issue is that they decided a bo3 in a bo1. Which is against the rules and is worthy of both getting dqed.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  10. #50
    Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Elite, vicinity of Altair
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Thats not the issue though, the issue is that they decided a bo3 in a bo1. Which is against the rules and is worthy of both getting dqed.
    That's not proven. I'm talking even if you take what KP wrote at 100% face value.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

  11. #51
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Imagine if CCP declared seeds next year, and then mandated practice partners based on seeds? #1 has to train with #16, #2 has to train with #15 and so on. This would definitely result in a much more interesting, exciting, and close tournament.
    Top teams can afford a 2nd set of accounts, and VPN from VMs into those to mask IPs & machine IDing. You can't stop them practicing against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  12. #52
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Hrm. Almost nothing Kadesh wrote counters what DHB WildCat wrote. Indeed, most of it is just attacks on DHB's character which I cannot judge, having never spent time on TS with the man. In particular, it's still quite possible that DHB was indeed cut off from team leadership decisions because of his bad attitude, went nuclear about it, and in a misguided attempt to calm him down, DHB was told ten or fifteen words that the leadership now wishes he had not been told.
    He might as well wrote "I'm guilty". Way less words, a lot less embarassing.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  13. #53
    Fara's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,731
    what are the recordings supposed to prove (or disprove) tho? I mean surely nobody would record evidence _if_ you'd do something wrong, especially if only the leaders knew off this v0v All it takes are some wrong targets called and some people flying weirdly around (something we've kinda seen tbh) to throw a match and make it look like it's legit.

    i mean nobody is denying that they did a great job during the tournament, but it would be really sad for the tournament if it's true. Then again the consequences could mean quite a hit to the rmt markets haha

  14. #54
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    21,206
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

    So when in a past AT hydra started the 2 teams run as one (cause its the best way to practice) thing they landed in the finals, where they made it obvious that the whole thing was rigged (just the finals). CCP then added a rule that basicely said, no rigged matches, no gentlemans rules (i.e no at ships, we both bring setup X or similar). This year camel totally thrashed hydra when the met the first time, in a totally non believable series (from a outside pov, might have been the tool bugging out), the hydra logi sometimes totally forgot about repping ships, ships charges in totally blind and got killed and so on, total rookie mistakes + no epensive ships beeing fielded. No real new comps were shown, nothing serious was revealed. And this for a top 4 place, so they totally did not go all out.

    In the lights of later matches vs pl, where they fielded at ships like crazy and flew very well losing in such a manner is totally unbelievable. Then we have the final, by that point they already won 80 100bil+ ships so they basicely repeated the same thing again, matches that totally lacked the intensety of the pl ones. They let a token shitty at ship die (given that 80 new ones were gained, almost nothing) in either kadesh being shit at the game or them wanting it to die. You also have a turnabout of what happened in the first series, with hydra winning this time.


    It was better done then the outbreak final but, from a outside pov, it looked just the same.

    Tl:dr ccp said dont rig matches, dont do rules for your own - according to dhb they did. Which would disqualify them (camel + warlords) if true as ccp cant let that slide.
    So, all hurfablurf aside, are there any actual non-shit fits for these or no?

  15. #55
    Aliventi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16, 2012
    Location
    Adversity.
    Posts
    1,377
    You feel that cold breeze? That's because two alliances had their prizes frozen.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCP Logibro
    Hello

    Due to the ongoing investigation into the Warlords of the Deep and The Camel Empire teams in Alliance Tournament XIII, all prizes distributed to either team have been frozen and moved for safekeeping. This is intended to protect any further prospective buyers of these items in case we find that rules have been broken in the tournament and we need to remove prizes. Prize items will be returned to their original locations depending on the outcome of the investigation. Anyone affected by this should have received a mail from myself.

    Prizes distributed to other teams are not affected by this action.

    If you have been impacted by this and have further questions, please file a support ticket under Community.
    Get your popcorn! Only 5 isk a bag!

  16. #56
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,638
    Haha rip try again in two years nerds.

  17. #57
    DevilDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,735
    this is better than the actual tournament, here's hoping they all get banned, then we only need to figure a way to lock PL out and we can have a tourney where you can't predict the final matchup 6 months out.

  18. #58
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    this is better than the actual tournament, here's hoping they all get banned, then we only need to figure a way to lock PL out and we can have a tourney where you can't predict the final matchup 6 months out.
    Don't you know all you have to do to win is get all the best tourney players together and practice for months and spend ungodly sums of money on tournament ships if you don't already own half of all the ones in existence. Anyone can do it really ~

    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

  19. #59
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    this is better than the actual tournament, here's hoping they all get banned, then we only need to figure a way to lock PL out and we can have a tourney where you can't predict the final matchup 6 months out.
    Would legit be the best thing that has happened to the AT for ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  20. #60
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    You feel that cold breeze? That's because two alliances had their prizes frozen.
    Holy shit, CCP is prepping Mew Mew

    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •