hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Grab Your Pitchforks

Grab Your Pitchforks

Cue rage

They removed the chat... pasted below

[8/29/2015 1:43:30 PM] Kadesh: dont get depressed m8. Our matches were staged. We ran 1st setups predefined which were decided by online coinflip
    [8/29/2015 1:43:44 PM] Kadesh: who lost 1st match was supposed to get ff/shallow vs heaven
    [8/29/2015 1:43:57 PM] Kadesh: so we had just 1 real fight which we lost
    [8/29/2015 1:44:32 PM] Kadesh: and 2nd was 0 chances for us to win
    [8/29/2015 1:44:41 PM] Kadesh: this is to get more time to prep vs bo1 in losers
    [8/29/2015 1:44:47 PM] Kadesh: otherwise we’d have like 20 minutes
    [8/29/2015 1:44:56 PM] Kadesh: while tuskers had 40 or 1 hour
    [8/29/2015 1:45:14 PM] Kadesh: and regarding finals we will talk again later with camels
    [8/29/2015 1:45:33 PM] Kadesh: i want to win and will do everything to. We just couldnt set up semifinals because of massive PL rage on forums
    [8/29/2015 1:45:42 PM] Kadesh: and we had to do ~real fights~
    [8/29/2015 1:46:35 PM] Chris Gaidzik: well still not happy about it, but it really would have been nice if you let us know that before we bet several billions of isk on our team thinking we had a chance
    [8/29/2015 1:46:44 PM] Kadesh: we had
    [8/29/2015 1:46:48 PM] Kadesh: if we won 1st fight
    [8/29/2015 1:46:53 PM] Kadesh: camels would throw 2nd
    [8/29/2015 1:47:05 PM] Kadesh: it was just 1st match
    [8/29/2015 1:47:17 PM] Kadesh: we basically reduced bo3 to bo1 + 1 additional match
    [8/29/2015 1:47:31 PM] Kadesh: we also changed many fits so PL dont get an idea of what our setups are
    [8/29/2015 1:47:43 PM] Kadesh: so it’s better for overall chances
    [8/29/2015 1:48:20 PM] Kadesh: we can’t spread this info because if any ****** talks too much
    [8/29/2015 1:48:26 PM] Kadesh: we’re banned as both teams
    Last edited by spitroast; September 14 2015 at 09:12:12 PM.

Big whoop

The moment came during the final weekend. For me and several of the Warlords pilots we knew something was wrong. This is the true story from a non leadership pilot of Warlords final weekend.
    First some clearance. All things that I hated because they are underhanded but are / were absolutely legal.
    -shared wormhole / pos / and joined new testing sisi corporation with camels.
    – shared logistics and spies.
    – shared set-ups
    – shared AT uniques for matches between the teams during tournament. Or more specifically Camel used our AT ships for the most part.
    – shared prizes. yep once Warlords and Camels took 1 and 2 we joined the prize pool of 80 ships and distributed prizes amongst both teams equally.
    August 29th, Camel vs Warlords.
    Match 1 – Legit fight. Except for some very wierd target calling. Was nothing like what had practiced. We should have won that fight. Also side note / this was the only match I didnt fly in because for the final weekend Kadesh SOS’d Garmon to come fly in case Haart couldnt be here. Instead he took my spot. Meh 4 months of practicing and working hard to be replaced by someone that had absolutely 0 input or help to the team prior to the final weekend…… I was a bit bitter. Garmon however manned up and realized that I was probably a better fit to fly the Battleships. Lets be honest Haart (Sgt Anti) missed 4 out of the 5 bump attempts he made and only side scraped a vulture once after it was already 30km away.
    Match 2 – This is were the **** gets interesting. You’ll notice that we lost this fight but that the 2nd fight of the finals was almost identical with a totally different outcome. After this loss I was irate! I was yelling on coms and questioning Leadership thinking something was off. Then I get a skype convo by Kadesh.
    [8/29/2015 1:43:30 PM] Kadesh: dont get depressed m8. Our matches were staged. We ran 1st setups predefined which were decided by online coinflip
    [8/29/2015 1:43:44 PM] Kadesh: who lost 1st match was supposed to get ff/shallow vs heaven
    [8/29/2015 1:43:57 PM] Kadesh: so we had just 1 real fight which we lost
    [8/29/2015 1:44:32 PM] Kadesh: and 2nd was 0 chances for us to win
    [8/29/2015 1:44:41 PM] Kadesh: this is to get more time to prep vs bo1 in losers
    [8/29/2015 1:44:47 PM] Kadesh: otherwise we’d have like 20 minutes
    [8/29/2015 1:44:56 PM] Kadesh: while tuskers had 40 or 1 hour
    [8/29/2015 1:45:14 PM] Kadesh: and regarding finals we will talk again later with camels
    [8/29/2015 1:45:33 PM] Kadesh: i want to win and will do everything to. We just couldnt set up semifinals because of massive PL rage on forums
    [8/29/2015 1:45:42 PM] Kadesh: and we had to do ~real fights~
    [8/29/2015 1:46:35 PM] Chris Gaidzik: well still not happy about it, but it really would have been nice if you let us know that before we bet several billions of isk on our team thinking we had a chance
    [8/29/2015 1:46:44 PM] Kadesh: we had
    [8/29/2015 1:46:48 PM] Kadesh: if we won 1st fight
    [8/29/2015 1:46:53 PM] Kadesh: camels would throw 2nd
    [8/29/2015 1:47:05 PM] Kadesh: it was just 1st match
    [8/29/2015 1:47:17 PM] Kadesh: we basically reduced bo3 to bo1 + 1 additional match
    [8/29/2015 1:47:31 PM] Kadesh: we also changed many fits so PL dont get an idea of what our setups are
    [8/29/2015 1:47:43 PM] Kadesh: so it’s better for overall chances
    [8/29/2015 1:48:20 PM] Kadesh: we can’t spread this info because if any ****** talks too much
    [8/29/2015 1:48:26 PM] Kadesh: we’re banned as both teams
    At this point I didnt know what to do. I was the bad guy. On a team breaking rules. I was and am torn. I wanted to quit. The only thing that kept me there were the guys that werent in leadership for both teams that were legitimately working their asses off to win. I couldnt quit on them. I hated kadesh so much at this point. I didnt really get along with him anyways before.
    So we went on from there. Beating Tuskers. and then beating PL.
    So now the finals. I dont know what to even think of it myself.
    Match 1 – Nothing to me seemed off here. Our set-up was designed to destroy the logi fast, which it did. Then just won on outlasting the opponent.
    Match 2 – almost mirror match of what we lost to the first time we faced camels. I was nervous. Ran backwards 20 km to line up a bump. Then raged in and bumped vulture out of range. We killed it and then won after that. However it was nice using our regular set-ups and not having logi perma jammed.
    Match 3 – Sacrifice the chremoa. So I dont know what to think. After the kadesh convo I was questioning everything. We removed most if not all RSB’s and replaced them with REECM. We then proceeded to get wrecked by damps………….
    Match 4 – Finally got tired of the bullshit and told kadesh to shut up and took over calling. We played passive for a while. Kadesh neuting the primary claymore. I beeged and pleaded to the point of my voice going out for kadesh to stop being an idiot and go neut the logi. He wouldnt initially saying we had to neut the claymore. I finally told him I would take over the neuting and tackle, just go neut the GOD DAMN LOGI SO WE CAN KILL SOMETHING! So I sacrificed myself by tackling the claymore in my phoon and neuting it. now with the logi neuted the bombers started dieing. The claymore died. I deid but not before rage cruise put the second claymore into hull. Haart kiting at 60km was able to finish the claymore and then SNI’s with bomber help as the t3 wing killed bombers, until soldat went down in our own logi and then I made the call for the t3d to take down their logi. Which is why the last bomber didnt die right away.
    All in all I dont know what to think. I just know Im pissed. And I waited this long so the guys that did this legitly could be rewarded for their efforts. Warlords and Camel leadership fixed 1 match I know of. As for the finals I dont know what to think. I honestly dont.
    All I am certain of is that………….
    1) There are still some good guys on the camel and warlord team that had no idea of what was going on and just worked their asses off!
    2) PL / Exodus …… Im sorry you guys were up against overwhelming odds and did fantastically.
    3) I have still not won an AT legitly and cannot call myself an AT champion.
    4) This probably means I will never fly an AT again since I am leaving hydra and noone will probably take me in. lol
    5) CCP I am sorry.
    I am sorry to the camel and warlord guys that played this legit. You all rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Metagaming and thrown matches in EVE? Well I never.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

This needs to be in EVE General.

Really interested to see CCP's response to this. This kind of shit is a big part of why I have never really been interested in the AT.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Part of me thinks troll tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Part of me thinks troll tbh
    If it's a troll, it's the stupidest troll ever, on a metaphorical level with walking into the Aurora, CO premiere of Dawn of Justice wearing a fake gas mask and carrying a toy assault rifle.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Even if you ban ship-swapping etc. is there realistically any way to prevent this kind of thing if everyone involved is on board?

Well, keep in mind that CCP isn't required to keep to any legal standard of evidence. It's their game, they can do what they like. And CCP can and does follow a "straw that broke the camel's back" philosophy when it comes to this stuff. Take Stunt Flores. Was it this most recent antic that got him banned? Or his long history of past bad behavior combined with this final action?

I assume someone from CCP told the Camel and Warlords team captains to avoid even the appearance of impropriety given their collective past.
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

hahahahaa ha
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

I really like it how some people treat the WildCat's post as an actual proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch Bernkastel View Post
    I really like it how some people treat the WildCat's post as an actual proof.
    While i find it funny how some people treat the actual team captains word as proof for what happened. I personally find dhbs pov more plausible, ships were shared (malice was the same exact ship for camel and warlords, crest assigns a unique ship id), the most important match bar the finals i.e camel vs hydra for top 4 (i.e 6 at ships at the minimum) saw 0 AT ships, while the pl series was full of it. And in the AT final a single at ship died compared to all the ones that died vs pl. +how camel won hydra and they then got smashed.

Everything looked like collusion. I feel really sorry for the real members of the team, as well as the theory crafters and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Well, keep in mind that CCP isn't required to keep to any legal standard of evidence. It's their game, they can do what they like.
    The only downside to banning people "because we can" is when they start banning people "because we can". Some people do stupid shit and the game is better off without them, but I'm not sure it's a good precedent to set.

Hrm. Almost nothing Kadesh wrote counters what DHB WildCat wrote. Indeed, most of it is just attacks on DHB's character which I cannot judge, having never spent time on TS with the man. In particular, it's still quite possible that DHB was indeed cut off from team leadership decisions because of his bad attitude, went nuclear about it, and in a misguided attempt to calm him down, DHB was told ten or fifteen words that the leadership now wishes he had not been told.

it had been discussed multiple times of removing the DHB entirely from matches because of his disruptive, long and frankly annoying method of communication
    Considering he was once called an "orange-stained egomaniac" in reference to his pompous posts on the official forums and insistence on using orange color tags on all of his posts, I'm not at all surprised.

Could someone please write up a summary for those of us who don't live and breathe everything AT? I'm finding myself a bit lost here...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Could someone please write up a summary for those of us who don't live and breathe everything AT? I'm finding myself a bit lost here...
    Former hydra duder says they colluded in the tournament again, hydra duder says they didn't. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Former hydra duder says they colluded in the tournament again, hydra duder says former duder is a mouthy, hard to control fuckwad who wasn't involved in leadership decisions and who made almost a trillion ISK benefiting from two AT wins. Pretty simple.
    FYP. "We didn't collude" is mentioned in about as many words. The other 897 words are about how bad a person DHB is.

P. sophisticated scheme to get a spy in PL AT team