hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heil Hilmar - CEO Crowd Control Productions ( a new game you can play )

Wow that is a lot of jobs cut. A smaller payroll does make a company more attractive to sell. Maybe Chris Roberts will buy it only to shut EVE down right before he releases Star Citizens? lol

It's fun to tinfoil about these things. I do hope it all works out for the best. Don't think I would ever get tired of spaceship games. I still remember going through the character creater way back and making my character. I actually thought the pirates my friend told me about that existed in the game would be less likely to attack a female character instead of a male so I went that direction. I was still pretty new to MMOs back then.

Ahh memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreEeSM View Post
    OP.
    You are a mouth breathing retard and your mother should have drowned you at birth. Also get the fuck off this forum.
    I think he might have, that post was over 2 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Hilmar sees himself as some sort of elon musk type of visionary entrepreneur and wants very much to be on the cutting edge. A character like that is not going to find satisfaction in maintaining a 15 year old game and just spinning their wheels. So op is right. If Hilmar is dumping VR then he is feeling out the next big thing, not going back to eve online.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Wow that is a lot of jobs cut. A smaller payroll does make a company more attractive to sell. Maybe Chris Roberts will buy it only to shut EVE down right before he releases Star Citizens? lol

It's fun to tinfoil about these things. I do hope it all works out for the best. Don't think I would ever get tired of spaceship games. I still remember going through the character creater way back and making my character. I actually thought the pirates my friend told me about that existed in the game would be less likely to attack a female character instead of a male so I went that direction. I was still pretty new to MMOs back then.

Ahh memories.
    The best would be to shut down eve and report the players to social services as online predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Double-check who necroed the thread.

So we're good for another 10-15 years then?

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    If you like ST:O and Battlefront II you've got zero reason to quit. Just get used to redefining the old concept of "plexing everything" :P
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    If Hilmar is dumping VR then he is feeling out the next big thing
    And what could that be?

I actually spent some decent money on that game one night. The ship is still concept right now I think or at least hanger only. I was dreaming about flying it or having someone fly it for a crew and I as we stormed a base or some shit. I fear that by the time that game comes out I won't have time for that game either. Getting older sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    And what could that be?
    Huge profits in mobile gaming at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    If you like ST:O and Battlefront II you've got zero reason to quit. Just get used to redefining the old concept of "plexing everything" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    And what could that be?
    Huge profits in mobile gaming at the moment.
    ah, forgot about that (already)

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/06/c...w-mobile-game/

If CCP have anything to do with the distribution they'll massively underinvest in player acquisition and it'll flop.

It'll take a massive culture shift in CCP for them to market anything based on eve aggressively enough to make them a load of money.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    OP.
    You are a mouth breathing retard and your mother should have drowned you at birth. Also get the fuck off this forum.
    OP necroed the post so still not drowned enough

Selling would make sense. The game is clearly winding down

Will Aurora be tied to TQ somehow or is it a separate experience?

According to official forums it looks like it's a separate thing. That's too bad.
    Last edited by jimmychrist; November 4 2017 at 07:20:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post

According to official forums it looks like it's a separate thing. That's too bad.
    You are right Jimmy that is a external team and it has no connection to TQ or Eve just using the assets and reusing them for mobile product. They have attempted to simplify Eve which looks to be a very complex phone game or at the surface they seem to be trying to make a more complex version of a game you can find from a company like Kixeye.

This might have been a good move 10+ years ago when Facebook and ios/android games were the focus of the dumb money around the world but that time has passed.

CCP's VR play captured 30 mil of that dumb VR money CCP burned it all up with no products that can pay it back as I predicted. The money folks might have pulled the plug early not giving them the entire 30 mil I am sure it was in rounds I hope so, I hate seeing good money given to an idiot like HIlmar.

It is over now they will try to sell it off the UK studio as an asset which is losing value every day as nobody is hungry for VR devs that dumb wave of money is over, maybe the AR hype will be the play.

If Eve was a healthy game would think they would role the UK team on to Eve to expedite all the great ideas, right?

Instead CCP laid off most of the community team, closing down the Chinese server, closed down the Atlanta office which was a good tax break.

I hear all the time that CCP needs to have more then one product to be healthy company but this is not true, if they could have grown Eve by 2-5% per year over the last 10 years they would be in a very strong spot right now.

You are right Jimmy that is a external team and it has no connection to TQ or Eve just using the assets and reusing them for mobile product. They have attempted to simplify Eve which looks to be a very complex phone game or at the surface they seem to be trying to make a more complex version of a game you can find from a company like Kixeye.

This might have been a good move 10+ years ago when Facebook and ios/android games were the focus of the dumb money around the world but that time has passed.

CCP's VR play captured 30 mil of that dumb VR money CCP burned it all up with no products that can pay it back as I predicted. The money folks might have pulled the plug early not giving them the entire 30 mil I am sure it was in rounds I hope so, I hate seeing good money given to an idiot like HIlmar.

It is over now they will try to sell it off the UK studio as an asset which is losing value every day as nobody is hungry for VR devs that dumb wave of money is over, maybe the AR hype will be the play.

If Eve was a healthy game would think they would role the UK team on to Eve to expedite all the great ideas, right?

Instead CCP laid off most of the community team, closing down the Chinese server, closed down the Atlanta office which was a good tax break.

I hear all the time that CCP needs to have more then one product to be healthy company but this is not true, if they could have grown Eve by 2-5% per year over the last 10 years they would be in a very strong spot right now.
    Wait what? Chinese server is down?

That's quite a big 'if'.

I wouldn't be surprised if eve has captured the vast majority of available market share for its niche. CCP needs other IP and other products, but more importantly they need a management team who is experienced at expanding product ranges and proper business development. It's very clear CCP is good at running eve, but clearly not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Wait what? Chinese server is down?
    Er, the Chinese server is alive and well.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous