hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: AT XIII Day 6 chat/predictions/betting: All things must end

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind all the links, just seems that jamming everything in there introduced a fatal flaw in the event that anyone ever tested the tank on it. A lot of teams, esp. in a bomber-heavy meta would have the DPS to plow straight through that v. quickly even with full heated Tengu reps running on it.
    Most comps will not be able to apply their full dps consistently against a setup with two Widows. Also, it tanks way more than the Widows, which will always be a better primary if you're going to try to kill things through reps.
    True enough, and I can see that the scrams were there to stop opposing battleships from getting an effective bump on anything. It's an interesting take on the tinker, for sure, I just don't envy having the extra stress of relying on jam cycles on top of what it takes to run one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Btw did you drop to the loser bracket cause camel/you thought you were honestly better and could wipe it up easier and come back or did you do it via a dice roll or my favorite, did you actually do the real matches on sisi beforehand, then replicating it for cheap and to give almost no intel to other teams by fielding nothing new at all? Send me a pm or do it via a rep if you dont want to post it, im honestly curious what the idea behing that was.
    No one wants to drop down into loser brackets at that point. You are already super busy with practice, logistics (TQ and sisi) and flying the normal matches that you really don't want to drop loser brackets to have addition fights. I was so happy that we won and I could logoff.
    Also we _REALLY_ wanted to beat warlords.

Dropping into losers brackets in the last weekend can kill a team. It's just so stressful. Props to warlords.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

PL started a sustained posting campaign to get us thrown out of the tournament.
    I for one am shocked your alliance doesn't have any idiots with opposable thumbs.

Sadly PL is full of them.

You guys did good, you worked inside the rules and the matches this year were all good. People couldn't ask for more blood getting spilled than the collected mass of all the semi finals and finals -fuck anybody crying about it.
    From my time in horde on my alt interacting with PL members it is mostly the same as anywhere else; a mixed bag of cool people and not so cool people. It is easy to lose sight of that from an outsider perspective when the only interaction with members is from reddit/fhc/eveo posts attacking you.

That being said whether or not it was organized by the PL AT team (or organized at all) there was a posting movement on reddit and eve-o that included a lot of PL members or alts, including AT team members. This included citing outdated rules or making up new ones. The frustration from our end lies in the fear of putting our hearts and souls into doing the AT and sacrificing a lot for it to get a kneejerk reaction out of CCP and punished for things that weren't against any rules. It is one thing to knowingly break a rule and get punished, it is something else to get punished months after the fact after hundreds or thousands of man hours have been used up.

I cannot give enough credit to PL for the moracha setup, not only is it an elegant and meta breaking setup it was the perfect setup used at the perfect time and executed really well. Biggest boner inducing setup for me this year.

Also pro huginn bumps on your own tinker destoya :P ( https://null-sec.com/atxiii/#/replay/107/0 start watching at 7 minutes). Is this is why the etana went down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post

We do, they're just all living in fear of the specter of dalikah(RIP mighty clown of gondor - we will never 4get why we got second).

Also, more unexpected class from pl. you are full of surprises Garth
    Grath is always like this in my experience, zero surprises here. The same could be said about a lot of PL. Don't let the shitposting on public forums of a few shape your opinion on a large group and the individuals inside it.

Gobbins: if/when RL allows I will try and help out a bit with phorde like I promised, I didn't forget. I was barely involved with AT this year and completely absent from TQ. Also go ahead with your B, C, D and E teams, Wildly Inappropriate and Majesta aren't around anymore to knock you out in group stage :P

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sturm gewehr View Post

Grath is always like this in my experience, zero surprises here. The same could be said about a lot of PL. Don't let the shitposting on public forums of a few shape your opinion on a large group and the individuals inside it.

Gobbins: if/when RL allows I will try and help out a bit with phorde like I promised, I didn't forget. I was barely involved with AT this year and completely absent from TQ. Also go ahead with your B, C, D and E teams, Wildly Inappropriate and Majesta aren't around anymore to knock you out in group stage :P
    Zero is actually a thin nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Dropping into losers brackets in the last weekend can kill a team. It's just so stressful.
    My favorite was CCP tossing our schedule on its head on Saturday. Website said our 3rd match would be at 18:40. First we got nervous because nobody contacted us for bans, then we learned our third match would actually be at 20:00, 40 minutes before our potential 4th match.

Luckily we managed things pretty well in the end and it didn't have an impact on our performance. Getting into the groove of flying match after match is actually pretty fun. Preparing implants and shit with so little time is not though; our budget didn't allow for implants just sitting in every ship's cargo hold.
    Last edited by Jaxley; September 2 2015 at 12:38:17 PM.
    (╯□)╯︵ ɯɔǝ