hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AT XIII Day 6 chat/predictions/betting: All things must end

And Warlords takes it!

Hey, someone new won an AT, sweet!
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    What character does Garmon play as these days?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._build/cokn0oo
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmon
    I quit eve for good a few months ago. The tournaments just drains you dry if you do them year after year, and the tournaments was the only thing keeping me in eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    And Warlords takes it!

warlords is hydra

Quote Originally Posted by Zavior View Post
    And Warlords takes it!

warlords is hydra
    Aww poo.

Well then, this was a total bummer.

Well, great final match imho!!! Some dancing and then full on commit. Congrats Warlords!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Well, great final match imho!!! Some dancing and then full on commit. Congrats Warlords!
    Yup. That could ve gone both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Eshnala has to join Habit now. Sorry, but those are the rules.
    I always wanted to see how the arena looks from outside of the boundary!

It's a magical place filled with unicorns and pixie dust. Unfortunately there's this really big evil unicorn that blows up your ship.

I noticed that

Also that Moracha comp from PL was coming totaly out of the left field. We were realy surprised about it, well played!

One thing I will say is that PL were chill bros in local during matches. Both teams very complimentary of each other. Awesome moracha setup. Way more sportsmanship displayed than I expected.

Also, confirming esh is literally a trashcan and can't fly battleships.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    One thing I will say is that PL were chill bros in local during matches. Both teams very complimentary of each other. Awesome moracha setup. Way more sportsmanship displayed than I expected.
    I mean, we're all friends here, right?

fuck pl forever

This was a pretty good tournament all things considered. GJ warlords, GJ CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    In my time I only lost to first and second place. Just saying.
    Sounds familiar.

Grats Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    This was a pretty good tournament all things considered. GJ warlords, GJ CCP.
    Especially from a technical POV. There wasn't a single technical glitch in all the matches and interview rounds I watched. I remember ATs where the stream went dark and long delays because of technical problems with the arena/jumping fleets in and similar issues.

If I had to solely judge from the comments in the Twitch chat, without seeing the stream at all that had to be some of the worst broadcast in history. I guess all those kindergarden-smartasses keep forgetting (or even worse: ignoring) that the whole show is run by amateurs (in regards to professional broadcasting). My hat's off to you, Ladies and Gentlemen.

As for the tournament itself: sure there were boring/ridiculous fights. But remembering the last ones, which were either Drones or Dampeners online, this year was pretty varied. Had three very enjoyable weekends. I think this year CCP managed to balanced the electronic warfare as good as one can get, given current mechanics. If one solely looks at fleet compositions, not having watch the actual fights, one might get the impression it was jammers all over again this year. Which was true for the fits. But judging from the streams - most notably by watching the reps from logistics, the success rate for jams don't seem to have been at a rate that made jammers the "I win" button. I'd love to see some statistics for such things, though. Another statistic I'd like to see: HP repped by logistic pilots.

So my idea (when i got around to thinking about it) of the flagship comp that would have been brought by hydra or camel after their flagship was revealed was the following (included date)

I was right, yay (bar bomber types) and for the record that was hypothetically one of my favorite comps in the game, but i didnt think of the morocha one at all and im really sad that the t3d + cambion comp died so easily. Although the morocha comp was probably a hardcounter to the archetype.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

One thing I will say is that PL were chill bros in local during matches. Both teams very complimentary of each other.
    The confusing part is that if you look at the drivel on Reddit, that's not the case. At least some of PL seems to be pretty salty about Warlords and Camel making it to the finals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...remoas_off_us/

One thing I will say is that PL were chill bros in local during matches. Both teams very complimentary of each other.
    The confusing part is that if you look at the drivel on Reddit, that's not the case. At least some of PL seems to be pretty salty about Warlords and Camel making it to the finals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...remoas_off_us/
    PL started a sustained posting campaign to get us thrown out of the tournament.

Couldn't beat us on the field so they had to resort to rabble rousing to try and secure the tourney win.

Camel will do an AMA on reddit at some point next week where we will answer questions about this AT, so keep an eye out for that.

I for one am glad that its over, and I can finally sleep

Cheers for the entertainment Bob. A writeup about the training and build up, concluding with the process of competing would be fascinating reading. I remember seeing some discussion of this on litheye a few years back but if anyone had the energy, or will to make an article I am sure it would be welcomed by many.

Edit: Think it was Duncan Tanner who was giving lengthy insights to the training. Particularly RE: the spying and trying to hide in wormholes to run practices and theorise with any privacy.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I for one am glad that its over, and I can finally sleep
    You did good. It was fun to watch.