hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AT XIII Day 4 chat/prediction/betting/shitposting

Wow what a turn around .... but quite puzzling. This one needs a lot of analysis.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Holy shit that Malice nukes cap. Logi then links just knocked out.
    That thing is too OP for balancing a tourne.
    Considering CCP want to reduce cost for newer teams by limiting implants, drones and boosters, then allow AT ships, it is utterly stupid.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchDude View Post
    Wow what a turn around .... but quite puzzling. This one needs a lot of analysis.
    Agreed. It was a good match to watch though.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Such a sexy match, edge of seat.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

The thing that I don't get is that after killing the Oneiros, they didn't eliminate that Malice. Sure, it's hard to kill, but they had enough T3Ds for it and it would only be self repping, so it would become severely cap limited itself from trying to neut, run away and self rep that it would eventually die. And with your own Oneiros freed up to rep the T3Ds, you'd at most lose one of them to chase, tackle and kill that Malice. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, maybe it's only clear in hindsight, but that seemed like a critical mistake.
    Last edited by DaDutchDude; August 23 2015 at 08:51:11 PM.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

They still had 3 sets of heavy rep bots alive from the Eos/TFI/TFI, which would give the Malice about a 1.5k DPS tank - enough to tank 2 x T3Ds pretty comfortably.

Exodus did amazing, without that Malice Camel would have definitely lost.

I don't expect to see such clean sweeps in the winner's bracket this far in. Tri didn't just lose, but they struggled to even dent Warlord's shields.

Hahahah now I keep imagining the comms of warlords going "OKAY GUYS LET'S KILL THEM ALL ALLLLAAAAAHHHHHH ACKBAR!" and then that BS MJD into Tri ....

Edit: BTW I'm noticing that after not playing the game for so long, my EVE knowledge is really starting to slip. I know the basics but not the minutia and so it's much harder to judge those details properly. Also EFT is still on my PC but hasn't been updated or fired up for more then 2 years.
    Last edited by DaDutchDude; August 23 2015 at 09:07:42 PM.

The thing that I don't get is that after killing the Oneiros, they didn't eliminate that Malice. Sure, it's hard to kill, but they had enough T3Ds for it and it would only be self repping, so it would become severely cap limited itself from trying to neut, run away and self rep that it would eventually die. And with your own Oneiros freed up to rep the T3Ds, you'd at most lose one of them to chase, tackle and kill that Malice. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, maybe it's only clear in hindsight, but that seemed like a critical mistake.
    I think even if they thought they could kill it next (I've never have to crunch the numbers unlike Sule there), I think they were playing to win the match to ease winning the AT prizes (consider the months they may have spent invested in that mindset, specifically not to be distracted by such ships & moves). Maybe they were wrong that killing it next wouldn't have lead to a win. Can it really have been that 1 T2-fitted frigate was the key to that win?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 23 2015 at 09:05:13 PM.
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

https://null-sec.com/atxiii/#/match/107

PL vs Shadow.

PL bans Nemesis/Purifier.
    Shadow bans Blackbird/Malice.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marram View Post
    Bastard Apothne, "These heretic pilots are some of the best in the game, Jaxley is very good, I flew with him ..."
    I don't think I've ever flown with the guy.

As for being an "excellent pilot": if you watch closely, Marram just chills at range while I'm being fancy with the perma MWD and drift into the Bhaal's web range for a few seconds. >_>

I think even if they thought they could kill it next (I've never have to crunch the numbers unlike Sule there), I think they were playing to win the match to ease winning the AT prizes (consider the months they may have spent invested in that mindset, specifically not to be distracted by such ships & moves). Maybe they were wrong that killing it next wouldn't have lead to a win. Can it really have been that 1 T2-fitted frigate was the key to that win?
    When the oneiros died the malice was ~40-50km away, it was tackled by a vengeance but only by that.

"I think you can replace anything on this team, broadswords are so good"

I died laughing.

What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Pretty much, if you consider the position both teams were in once the Camel Oneiros went down - they had basically traded it for half a Fleet Phoon and it only got that low because the Oneiros was neuted out by the Malice. The Malice was keeping the Oneiros from repping and at one point turned off the links on the Eos, which is what let them trade 1 Fleet Phoon for another Fleet Phoon, despite the Kitsune jammers all over the place. If you replace that Malice with a 200-250 DPS AF, you end up at a much different result.

Also, bearing in mind Exodus had Cruise Fleet Phoons, their Phoons project very poorly onto the Malice (and the T3Ds to a lesser extent), so their best chance was to get their Fleet Phoons to shoot the enemy Fleet Phoons, hard tackle the Malice down with their Malediction and basically have each T3D of theirs 1v1 one of Camel's, whilst spreading jams out amongst the 4 Camel T3Ds with the Kitsunes. Heretics focus fire onto T3Ds. Breaking the fight up into effectively a series of 1v1s would have given them the edge, as their Oneiros would have been able to keep stuff alive much longer as Camel did not have theirs anymore.

Anyway, very hard match for Exodus to take and they did very, very well in the circumstances, particularly since unlike me + others they were under much more pressure.

Better buy an Etana now. In a few ATs there won't be any left.
    Last edited by Aliventi; August 23 2015 at 09:50:40 PM.

Well Shadow Cartel lost badly, but taking out an Etana is definitely giving PL the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Well Shadow Cartel lost badly, but taking out an Etana is definitely giving PL the finger.
    Giving PL the finger in the AT is like giving the police "the finger" when you're pulled over for drunk driving. Sure, it's a moral victory, but at the end of the day you're the one in the fucking overnight holding cell while PL are just getting over their hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Ass ass ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman Shouaa View Post
    Pretty much, if you consider the position both teams were in once the Camel Oneiros went down - they had basically traded it for half a Fleet Phoon and it only got that low because the Oneiros was neuted out by the Malice. The Malice was keeping the Oneiros from repping and at one point turned off the links on the Eos, which is what let them trade 1 Fleet Phoon for another Fleet Phoon, despite the Kitsune jammers all over the place. If you replace that Malice with a 200-250 DPS AF, you end up at a much different result.

Also, bearing in mind Exodus had Cruise Fleet Phoons, their Phoons project very poorly onto the Malice (and the T3Ds to a lesser extent), so their best chance was to get their Fleet Phoons to shoot the enemy Fleet Phoons, hard tackle the Malice down with their Malediction and basically have each T3D of theirs 1v1 one of Camel's, whilst spreading jams out amongst the 4 Camel T3Ds with the Kitsunes. Heretics focus fire onto T3Ds. Breaking the fight up into effectively a series of 1v1s would have given them the edge, as their Oneiros would have been able to keep stuff alive much longer as Camel did not have theirs anymore.

Anyway, very hard match for Exodus to take and they did very, very well in the circumstances, particularly since unlike me + others they were under much more pressure.
    The malice baited like a magnet: looking at the replay it seems that simply leaving it for last would have won them the match. How long did it absorb all the small gun dps? Mucho respecto for exodus, this is obviously impossible to judge during the match. I can but imagine the shakes ^_^
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

The Malice was keeping the Oneiros from repping and at one point turned off the links on the Eos, which is what let them trade 1 Fleet Phoon for another Fleet Phoon, despite the Kitsune jammers all over the place. If you replace that Malice with a 200-250 DPS AF, you end up at a much different result.
    Well, that's true, but in this particular case - only implying that you fit your other ships the same way and fly them the same way as camels did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadesh View Post
    The Malice was keeping the Oneiros from repping and at one point turned off the links on the Eos, which is what let them trade 1 Fleet Phoon for another Fleet Phoon, despite the Kitsune jammers all over the place. If you replace that Malice with a 200-250 DPS AF, you end up at a much different result.
    Well, that's true, but in this particular case - only implying that you fit your other ships the same way and fly them the same way as camels did.
    Sure - you probably wouldn't go for the logi trade if you had a Vengeance instead of the Malice, but I'm not sure what else would have been as effective as they had enough tacklers to get ontop of your AB Logi without too much difficulty.