hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154
Results 3,061 to 3,073 of 3073

Thread: Stellaris - space grand strategy in space, from Paradox (in space).

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

>Claims overkill isn't one of the reasons missiles suck
    >Links article saying overkill is the reason missiles suck

wut?

Now in the linked article, he set up a fairly artificial scenario where any of the missiles range advantage is negated. I know that missiles tend to overkill targets, but I suspect this is partially offset by the longer range, higher damage, and high tracking.

Does planetary bombardment still do the same damage regardless of size of fleet / fleet weapons?

I can believe it if people have really tried in a variety of in game situations and found them to suck, but is it possible that there not being given a fair shot? (Yes, I am a noob, that is why I am asking)

Also, if anybody can tell me how torpedoes are best used, that would be swell.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Also, if anybody can tell me how torpedoes are best used, that would be swell.
    Underwater, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Neutron/proton torps count as energy weapons, are not effected by PD and instantly hit the target, despite what the animation implies. Pretty much the only reason to research the missile tech. Then again, by the time you get them you've probably already got tachyon lances/KE artillery & plasma guns and don't need to fit anything else.

Speaking of which, what's the current meta for defeating awakened empires? Is it still lure them to a fortress flower then beat them down with arcs & plasma (plus some KA and Flak for good measure?)
    Last edited by friznit; March 19 2017 at 11:20:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    >Claims overkill isn't one of the reasons missiles suck
    >Links article saying overkill is the reason missiles suck

wut?
    The real gem in that post is this graph.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Apart from the lolwat bug(?) at 60: Wait, why does point defense efficiency increase (again) with the speed of the missiles?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Apart from the lolwat bug(?) at 60: Wait, why does point defense efficiency increase (again) with the speed of the missiles?
    because PDS systems are coded with black magic and virgin sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    because FUCK SOVIETS with their supersonic ASMs obviously

I always go for lazors cos pew pew spaceships.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I always go for lazors cos pew pew spaceships.
    This man knows where it's at.

#BadAtBotes

kinetic artillery or go home m8

I got a domination victory in 2257 on a tiny map. Colonized and invaded like heck, one of my lasts acts was to colonize a gaia holy planet next to a fallen empire, so they war deced me in the end, but I got my victory before the invasion came. Might play a bit longer just to see how badly they chew me up, their war dec involved cleansing five planets, lol.

I had another game where something tragic happened, I had uplifted a species next to the border of a fallen empire. Shortly after, the fallen empire got mad I was encroaching on their borders, and demanded that I lose the uplifted planet and one of my colonies in the same system. Poor uplifted species is no more. "Hey guys, come to space, it is cool. Oh, sorry, you got the attention of a big bad, now you are extinct. My mistake." I uplifted another species a few systems over later on, I kept wondering if they would find the historical records of what happened to their predecessor.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang